Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Exactly. There is no reason to post results. Results are posted by parents. While you fail your DS I will be on the other side of the spectrum enjoying my child's development as a player and person
    Dear holier than thou,

Did you just imply that I am not enjoying my child's development as a player and a person? Oh, and of course the scores are posted on here by parents Einstein. Do you let your child come here? The very fact that you felt the need to post tells me that you wish your child's team was doing better, and that you are defensive. Go buy a some bumper stickers...you know...the star war family ones....a heart Oregon sticker....my child is an honor role player on level two soccer...that should make you feel better.

Comment

Like it or not, scores get posted for competitive soccer at U11 and older. While focusing too much on wins can be bad at this age, and some parents take this way too seriously, scores at the premier level do matter.

The good news is the B05 thread is not a nasty sewer like some of the girls' threads here.

Some good ground rules:

* Only discuss premier levels.
      * Never discuss, particularly in a negative fashion, individual children, and never ever name names.
      * Otherwise keep it polite. In particular, no remarks about Gresham cavemen or Vantucky rednecks or other such things.
      * These are kids--our kids--not professionals. Even the ones who are really good.

Comment

Dear holier than thou,

Did you just imply that I am not enjoying my child's development as a player and a person? Oh, and of course the scores are posted on here by parents Einstein. Do you let your child come here? The very fact that you felt the need to post tells me that you wish your child's team was doing better, and that you are defensive. Go buy a some bumper stickers...you know...the star war family ones....a heart Oregon sticker....my child is an honor role player on level two soccer...that should make you feel better.
        Simply focus on the style of play. Ask yourself this, "how many 4 pass combinations did my DS's team complete this weekend?"

Let me know if you even get to your second hand 😀

Comment

Simply focus on the style of play. Ask yourself this, "how many 4 pass combinations did my DS's team complete this weekend?"

Let me know if you even get to your second hand 😀
          Very true...but we can all hope that by the end of the year we can count more of those 4 pass combinations.

Comment

Very true...but we can all hope that by the end of the year we can count more of those 4 pass combinations.
            I wouldn't plan on it being that your DS's coach doesn't ask them to do so

Comment

These are 11 year olds. You snobby soccer people miss the boat. Kids at this age don't care about long term development. Only parents do. Parents are idiots to the big picture of life.

Comment

These are 11 year olds. You snobby soccer people miss the boat. Kids at this age don't care about long term development. Only parents do. Parents are idiots to the big picture of life.
                I am not sure if this was intended to be sarcastic or what...But you insult yourself when you say "snobby soccer" people. All of us here obviously care for and enjoy watching the game. I can't speak for anybody else, but my Son watched soccer non stop and is obsessed about it being played "the right way." Give your own son some credit...he may just surprise you.

Comment

Like it or not, scores get posted for competitive soccer at U11 and older. While focusing too much on wins can be bad at this age, and some parents take this way too seriously, scores at the premier level do matter.

The good news is the B05 thread is not a nasty sewer like some of the girls' threads here.

Some good ground rules:

* Only discuss premier levels.
                  * Never discuss, particularly in a negative fashion, individual children, and never ever name names.
                  * Otherwise keep it polite. In particular, no remarks about Gresham cavemen or Vantucky rednecks or other such things.
                  * These are kids--our kids--not professionals. Even the ones who are really good.
                  Very interesting first week of the Fall Season, with interesting results. Looks like this is going to be a highly competitive and entertaining year!

Comment

How did the mighty ADF 05's do this weekend?

The coach did a runner in the summer once he realized that he had to finally coach the team. His sessions had to include more than dribbling around a cone and it confused him. ADF will do well at the younger ages because of athleticism but it needs more than just that when players mature. This is where they come unstuck.
                    I'm sorry your son didn't make the ADF team or training roster.

Comment

Funny, I assumed the OP's son was in fact on ADF, and that they were dissatisfied

Comment

ehhh...ADF has a training roster at 10 years old. so there are 10 year olds at ADF that didn't make the team, don't play in games, but still get their money taken? i guess the parents who agreed to this deserve it.

Comment

This forum has always been for crazy helicopter girl's parents. And you guys are chatting about 11 year old boys? Anonymously? Sad.

Comment

This forum has always been for crazy helicopter girl's parents. And you guys are chatting about 11 year old boys? Anonymously? Sad.
                            No more sad than the Timbers clown that posted ^^^^

Comment

You should talk to the nutty parents in person. Serious issues.

Comment

???

Why are people talking about ADF at all, they are in last place and should be embarrassed by their actions and behavior on the field. Coach needs to get a grip on the kids and teach that part of development as well

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X