And the Dust Settles

Who is left?

ACC 7
    PAC12 3
    SEC 2
    BIG10 2
    Big East 1
    BIG 12 1

All of the auto conference entry types have departed.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Um no, just happy to see Hofstra go down hard. Jeesh
      Why? Does that make their dismantling of the toxic eagles somehow better for your ego?

Comment

Who is left?

ACC 7
        PAC12 3
        SEC 2
        BIG10 2
        Big East 1
        BIG 12 1

All of the auto conference entry types have departed.
        One could argue that the big east is an auto conference. They aren’t the ncaa b-ball of the ‘80s anymore.

Comment

Why? Does that make their dismantling of the toxic eagles somehow better for your ego?
          Well, since I have no player on either team ego is not driving here, only support for All the locals. I will however watch the Wisconsin Stanford game tomorrow and if the air quality at Stanford improves it’d be nice to see that match on grass as opposed to the Salinas football field.

Comment

One could argue that the big east is an auto conference. They aren’t the ncaa b-ball of the ‘80s anymore.
            They did manage to put 2 teams in.

Comment

Sweet Sixteen

Georgetown Bracket

It’s the best(only) Big East and BIG12 teams facing two ACC tier one wannabes tomorrow. For Duke and Georgetown this is a rematch. Last time out they tied. They settle it this time. UVA May be tired from their OT PK game. Not sure how good Baylor is. Both games a toss up.

Comment

Sweet Sixteen

UNC Bracket

This one is easy. Two ACC teams survived OT and PK games to become challengers. UNC and UCLA will cruise by them then have their turkeys and face off next. Good bye NC St and Va Tech.

Comment

Sweet Sixteen

Stanford Bracket

The only question left here is will anyone give the Cardinals a game before they reach the College Cup?
                  Unlikely to be Wisconsin.

On the other side, the best(only) two remaining SEC teams square off. Last time out Tennessee beat A&M 4-0. Really?!

Comment

Sweet Sixteen

FSU Bracket aka Bracket of Death

In the game of the tournament so far, Wake Forest outlasted WVU in PK’s 6-5. On certain days, Wake can play with anyone and did. Now that they are exhausted with one day to rest, they can also do the I can lose 2-0 to Louisville at home routine. They fade to a tough, solid Penn St.

On the other side is tomorrow’s featured game, FSU vs USC. This is a college cup caliber game. After dozens of meaningless games, this will be the first time two teams play who have a chance to win the overall Championship. Last time out, they played to a tie. Both are playing well. USC always shows up, but occasionally yield to a superior force. Sometimes, FSU doesn’t show up. The had better tomorrow. If they do, they move on.

Comment

Oh, I thought she was heading to UCLA? It's USC, huh? Got it. Carry on.

Comment

Georgetown Bracket

It’s the best(only) Big East and BIG12 teams facing two ACC tier one wannabes tomorrow. For Duke and Georgetown this is a rematch. Last time out they tied. They settle it this time. UVA May be tired from their OT PK game. Not sure how good Baylor is. Both games a toss up.
                        ACC wanabees ?...who the F are you? Both teams are National powers and ACC elites. Show some respect.

Comment

ACC wanabees ?...who the F are you? Both teams are National powers and ACC elites. Show some respect.
                          I said ACC Tier 1 Wannabes. FSU and UNC are in that tier and FSU is 3-0 against those two in games that were not that close. It is also surprising those two never played UNC. Too busy playing Pitt and Syracuse I suspect. UVA barely survived Texas Tech and now plays its first seeded team. Duke hasn’t played anybody in the dance yet. Tomorrow will tell whether either deserves a shot at the Title, something neither team has ever won. By the seeds, neither is expected to win. I say both games are toss ups.

Comment

I said ACC Tier 1 Wannabes. FSU and UNC are in that tier and FSU is 3-0 against those two in games that were not that close. It is also surprising those two never played UNC. Too busy playing Pitt and Syracuse I suspect. UVA barely survived Texas Tech and now plays its first seeded team. Duke hasn’t played anybody in the dance yet. Tomorrow will tell whether either deserves a shot at the Title, something neither team has ever won. By the seeds, neither is expected to win. I say both games are toss ups.
                            And UNC and FSU played against 5 OOC NCAA seeded teams during the regular season. Duke and UVA played a combined 1.

Comment

It is amazing with all the high level players each of these programs collects that they have never won the biggest prize. How many conference wins have they had? That is the crazy world of soccer.

Comment

It is amazing with all the high level players each of these programs collects that they have never won the biggest prize. How many conference wins have they had? That is the crazy world of soccer.
                                Conference titles...not wins.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X