No, turf field.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        No, turf field.
        Always turf

Comment

Always turf
          I believe it used to be a grass surface, but New Britain HS perhaps put turf down. I remember watching the US National team play there (on grass) back in the day.

Comment

I believe it used to be a grass surface, but New Britain HS perhaps put turf down. I remember watching the US National team play there (on grass) back in the day.
            It did used to be grass, not sure how long ago but they’ve installed turf. The last time the Men’s national team played there was ‘96.

Comment

way back in the day. It's been turf for quite some time. This week's snow is a perfect example of why games this late in the season need to be on turf.

Comment

way back in the day. It's been turf for quite some time. This week's snow is a perfect example of why games this late in the season need to be on turf.
                Playing on turf makes for ugly soccer...at any level.

Comment

You have not witnessed an ow game. Greatest show on turf. The passing game looks like a ballet with the precision

Comment

But it beats playing on most of the grass fields in Connecticut in November. In the old days, most of the fields were rutted, had very little grass, and were dangerous to the players late in the fall. Also once the ground freezes, there is an additional concussion risk when heads hit rock hard pitch.

Comment

But it beats playing on most of the grass fields in Connecticut in November. In the old days, most of the fields were rutted, had very little grass, and were dangerous to the players late in the fall. Also once the ground freezes, there is an additional concussion risk when heads hit rock hard pitch.
                      Your kid should try not to fall. If he does, tell him not to fall head first.

Comment

Your kid should try not to fall. If he does, tell him not to fall head first.

Incredibly stupid post, considering most players who fall do so because they are fouled. Hard to avoid that, unless they are like your son and stand in one place the whole game and never challenge for the ball.

Comment

There's not one playable grass field in the state right now. Should we wait until the snow melts and the grass dries out, say mid April?

Comment

Incredibly stupid post, considering most players who fall do so because they are fouled. Hard to avoid that, unless they are like your son and stand in one place the whole game and never challenge for the ball.
                            I know, I was trying to show you how dumb your post was about grass fields in New England in the middle of November after 7 inches of snow.

Guess it went over your head like everything else you learned at the school for special children

Comment

I know, I was trying to show you how dumb your post was about grass fields in New England in the middle of November after 7 inches of snow.

Guess it went over your head like everything else you learned at the school for special children
                              Your wife didn’t go over my head last night, in fact she went down on it just fine. The braces felt a little weird though

Comment

Your wife didn’t go over my head last night, in fact she went down on it just fine. The braces felt a little weird though
                                Wife??? I think that was my gay nephew. Glad you enjoyed it though. You really need to be careful in those gender neutral bathrooms

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X