•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it really matter?

Is your child happy? Playing where she is having fun (gasp) and
    being challenged?

Who cares what league they are in? Life is short. Stop worrying about the league labels
    and where other people are and if they are better or worse than you. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yup, see you made my point genius. It’s too early to see the GDA Recruiting results, therefore it is impossible to the provide evidence to ANYTHING in the realm of college roster make-up in relation to GDA players vs “rabble” league players.

And, you made my point as well. How on god's green earth does this statement I replied to:

You show me evidence that there are women college rosters filled SOLEY made of GDA players, and if you cannot find one, then you have my proof.
      Show that I proved your point? I proved the opposite: There is no comparison, now, and shouldn't be for 4 years.

Comment

You show me evidence that there are women college rosters filled SOLEY made of GDA players, and if you cannot find one, then you have my proof.
        Show me one college roster filled solely with DA players (men or women) and you will have your proof.

Comment

And, you made my point as well. How on god's green earth does this statement I replied to:

Show that I proved your point? I proved the opposite: There is no comparison, now, and shouldn't be for 4 years.
          OK, I don’t know what the hell you are talking about. Let’s review shall we?

Someone else, not me, mentioned that players will end up on the same college rosters as current GDA players. Someone else ... you perhaps, asked for proof/evidence that showed that the “rabble” players would indeed end up in the same place as GDA players. That is when I began to comment, and these were my main points on the subject...

1. We cannot show any proof yet because GDA has only one year under its belt. We need several years of info to see how GDA recruitment goes.

2. However, common sense tells us that rosters are currently made up of players from several different leagues now, and that is unlikely to change even 4 years in the future. So any claims that GDA players will be separated from the “rabble” (aka: any non DA player) in college are naive.

After that, someone, maybe you, STILL asked for evidence that the “rabble” would end up with GDA players on college rosters. My snarky retort was to instead show me hey college roster filled with GTA players. Of course that is ridiculous, that was my original point. Capishe?

Comment

Why don't you just examine the boys DA commit list .... plenty of very special DA players on mediocre D3 team rosters (not even top D3). Same teams as NPL, Premier, and HS players ..... i.e., the "rabble" in your elitist world.
            BDA is completely different animal. There's 100 fewer programs and tough competition for spots from foreign players. That isn' the case with girls. that said, with men's soccer you only "need" DA for the top programs, and even then there are exceptions. Get past the top 50 programs and there's plenty of non BDA players out there. The commitment lists certainly show that.

If you're a skilled player you'll find a spot, boy or girl, DA or not.

Comment

OK, I don’t know what the hell you are talking about. Let’s review shall we?

Someone else, not me, mentioned that players will end up on the same college rosters as current GDA players. Someone else ... you perhaps, asked for proof/evidence that showed that the “rabble” players would indeed end up in the same place as GDA players. That is when I began to comment, and these were my main points on the subject...

1. We cannot show any proof yet because GDA has only one year under its belt. We need several years of info to see how GDA recruitment goes.

2. However, common sense tells us that rosters are currently made up of players from several different leagues now, and that is unlikely to change even 4 years in the future. So any claims that GDA players will be separated from the “rabble” (aka: any non DA player) in college are naive.

After that, someone, maybe you, STILL asked for evidence that the “rabble” would end up with GDA players on college rosters. My snarky retort was to instead show me hey college roster filled with GTA players. Of course that is ridiculous, that was my original point. Capishe?
              No, the other poster asked to "are women college rosters filled SOLEY made of GDA players" even though that was never stipulated until that DA (not the league) stipulated that.

Comment

BDA is completely different animal. There's 100 fewer programs and tough competition for spots from foreign players. That isn' the case with girls. that said, with men's soccer you only "need" DA for the top programs, and even then there are exceptions. Get past the top 50 programs and there's plenty of non BDA players out there. The commitment lists certainly show that.

Look at NCAA womens rosters in any division and you will find scores of foreign players with more and more every year. While there are more programs and scholarships for women, the men's side shows plenty of DA lifers outside of tier 1 D1 ...... outside of D1 alone there are too many to count.

Comment

YES! This is the bottom line folks. And the sooner people who realize this, the sooner you can stop paying for the ECNL/DA label. If your kid has D1 talent, your kid can play D1 soccer if they want to, and without buying the league patch. Yes, you may have to do a little more legwork to get in front of your desired college coaches, but stop buying the hype that ECNL and DA is selling. Conversely, if you are OK with the money, sacrifice and the travel those leagues demand, have at it. It will no doubt help getting noticed quicker at top D1’s.

Comment

No, the other poster asked to "are women college rosters filled SOLEY made of GDA players" even though that was never stipulated until that DA (not the league) stipulated that.
                    Apparently, You STILL haven’t figured out that it was a snarky comment in response to the person looking for PROOF that “rabbles” will end up in the same place as GDA players.

Comment

GDA Additions for Next Year:

Albion SC Las Vegas Henderson, Nev.
                      Cedar Stars Academy – Bergen South Hackensack, N.J.
                      Salvo SC Egan, Minn.
                      SJEB Rush Marlton, N.J.
                      South Shore Select Hingham, Mass.
                      STA Development Academy Randolph, N.J.

Comment

Is USSF even trying any longer?

Comment

Got to love the ECNL insecurity. Maybe Scorpions can make another hostage style video of their players trying to convince themselves instead of everyone else. 😂 Classic!!

Comment

Got to love the ECNL insecurity. Maybe Scorpions can make another hostage style video of their players trying to convince themselves instead of everyone else. 😂 Classic!!
                            Haha! So you’ve seen the video too! Gotta love the Scorps full press marketing campaign they are leveling at SSS AP players right now. Talk about hard core press!

Comment

So basically USSF just took NYCSL NPL and made all the clubs GDA...oops except for the one that actually dominated most of the age groups, lol.
                              #GDAisajoke

Comment

Haha! So you’ve seen the video too! Gotta love the Scorps full press marketing campaign they are leveling at SSS AP players right now. Talk about hard core press!
                                How funny would it be if AS peaced out and went to Stars or Scorps? She won't, but that would be hilarious!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X