Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars ECNL

Is there is anyone on here with a daughter on the U13 or U14 team? I have a couple questions. And before the sarcasm starts, yes I have gotten some of this info from the club already, but we don’t know any of the parents there so it’s hard to get answers to everything.

We are looking at the program for next year with a 2006 daughter who is a very solid player.

Are all practices in Lancaster, and if so how many times per week and what times?

Are there girls traveling in from all over MA or do most of the players live close to Acton/Lancaster?

The rosters this year look big. Are all the girls getting minutes? Are they taking all 18-20 kids to each game?

Has the commitment/experience been worth the sacrifice?

Thanks.

Good friends woth some players on one of those teams. They travel to Lancaster three nights a week. They live over an hour away as do many other girls. Playing time is not equal, but that is not unusual with any team at this level. They do have a big roster and keep bringing in ringers to add to the roster whenever they can. So if you are not one of the studs, your playing time can keep getting pushed down. But overall they are happy there for now. Of course this ECNL A & B team is not being well received by current players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Good friends woth some players on one of those teams. They travel to Lancaster three nights a week. They live over an hour away as do many other girls. Playing time is not equal, but that is not unusual with any team at this level. They do have a big roster and keep bringing in ringers to add to the roster whenever they can. So if you are not one of the studs, your playing time can keep getting pushed down. But overall they are happy there for now. Of course this ECNL A & B team is not being well received by current players.
      Respond to your own post much? Revived threads. New ones starting. People often get crazy at tryout time, but this year seems particularly bad and desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Respond to your own post much? Revived threads. New ones starting. People often get crazy at tryout time, but this year seems particularly bad and desperate.
        ???
        I posted the reply, and not the OP. But keep on with your paranoid self!

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Playing time on any team will not be equal. Look at the GDA rosters and some players won't even get in the games.
            Just a question why would players not like an a and b ECNL? If there isn't an a amd b players would be dropped or cut

Comment

Playing time on any team will not be equal. Look at the GDA rosters and some players won't even get in the games.
              Just a question why would players not like an a and b ECNL? If there isn't an a amd b players would be dropped or cut
              Really? You have to ask that question? Why not just make ECNL teams A through Z and then everyone in the entire club can be in the top league and feel good about themselves?!?! Jeez, You are why these clubs can continue to rack up the $$$ just by marketing to parents egos and fears, while fleecing them out the back pocket. It’s a mockery, but I guess there is always a sucker born every minute who will always be there to fill those rosters and pay the bills.

Comment

Just a question why would players not like an a and b ECNL?
                I'll go to my grave regretting not going all in on the club soccer gravy train. Easiest money ever made.

Comment

Really? You have to ask that question? Why not just make ECNL teams A through Z and then everyone in the entire club can be in the top league and feel good about themselves?!?! Jeez, You are why these clubs can continue to rack up the $$$ just by marketing to parents egos and fears, while fleecing them out the back pocket. It’s a mockery, but I guess there is always a sucker born every minute who will always be there to fill those rosters and pay the bills.
                  JD will play subs before the half, and the start of second half. Subs usually play between 30-40 mins of an 80 min game. We lose games because of this subbing, and it drives us crazy to lose a game we should win, but despite all the negative press he gets, and the sideline antics, everyone plays a fair amount regardless of how big the game is. IDK if he imposes that on other coaches, but on his teams he does

Comment

JD will play subs before the half, and the start of second half. Subs usually play between 30-40 mins of an 80 min game. We lose games because of this subbing, and it drives us crazy to lose a game we should win, but despite all the negative press he gets, and the sideline antics, everyone plays a fair amount regardless of how big the game is. IDK if he imposes that on other coaches, but on his teams he does
                    Quality propaganda.

Comment

Ride an hour and 20 min to sit the bench with a roster of 22-23 ,just to say I play ecnl .Sounds great .Where do I sign !!!!

Comment

If that is true that kudos to him. That’s true player development and I’m sure it will pay off later. Wins aren’t everything

Comment

My 2007 daughter is interested in trying out. What are the chances she can get on a ECNL team as an outsider?

Comment

My 2007 daughter is interested in trying out. What are the chances she can get on a ECNL team as an outsider?
                            Better then their own players

Comment

Better then their own players
                              Truth

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X