Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wpsl

Is the WPSL dead in the northeast? There are no New England clubs listed on their website. Strange since BBA won it/went to finals? 2 years ago. Where are all the college players playing this summer?

Breakers don't exist anymore, Stars decided to take the year off because of that, that represented 5 WPSL teams. WPSL hopes to back in the region in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Breakers don't exist anymore, Stars decided to take the year off because of that, that represented 5 WPSL teams. WPSL hopes to back in the region in 2019.
      Thanks. I figured NEFC would just pick those teams. Sucks for Seacoast and RI players.

Comment

Thanks. I figured NEFC would just pick those teams. Sucks for Seacoast and RI players.
        Looks like RI has a new expansion team based in Providence. I guess that wouldn't be too far for some MA players. They'll have to travel to NY & NJ for away games.

Comment

So all the top college players from around here have no place to play this summer if they come home? Talk about unintended consequences of the demise of BB.

Comment

Stars has WPSL. You don’t know what you are talking about. Practices have already started

Comment

Stars has WPSL. You don’t know what you are talking about. Practices have already started
              Not listed:

https://www.wpslsoccer.com/page/show...alphabetically

In fact, there is not even a Northeast Region listed

https://www.wpslsoccer.com/region

Comment

All the teams from the wpsl east division are playing in the NEP.

Stars (2)
                NEFC (3)
                Seacoast (2)

Comment

All the teams from the wpsl east division are playing in the NEP.

Stars (2)
                  NEFC (3)
                  Seacoast (2)
                  I'm not sure what you're talking about, but the others appear to be correct. Seacoast hasn't updated it's WPSL site from last year, so it looks like they don't have a team, not listed on WPSL site either. Hope these clubs at least put teams together to play in some lower leagues so the players at least have something over the summer.

Comment

The below is a DIRECT quote from WPSL via their twitter account:

"We did lose the Boston Breaker teams and then had FC Stars decide to sit out this season because of the Breaker loss.. We did pick up Rhode Island Rogues for this season and already have Coastal Atlantic Futbol Club confirmed for the 2019 season. We have at least 3 teams that I can think of right now that are seriously interested in that region for 2019. I belived one is in Maine and two are in Conneticut."

Comment

The below is a DIRECT quote from WPSL via their twitter account:

"We did lose the Boston Breaker teams and then had FC Stars decide to sit out this season because of the Breaker loss.. We did pick up Rhode Island Rogues for this season and already have Coastal Atlantic Futbol Club confirmed for the 2019 season. We have at least 3 teams that I can think of right now that are seriously interested in that region for 2019. I belived one is in Maine and two are in Conneticut."
                      I can see NEFC not picking up the BB Reserve Squad, but not the other 2 teams.
                      And there is a new RI team to replace them if they wanted the same # in division, assuming Seacoast was staying.
                      That's messed up, but I suppose at the end of the day it will be the same players, albeit in the NEP.

Comment

I thought BBA was NEFC?!

Comment

Many college women play in the Eastern Mass league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X