Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D2 scholarships

What is the typical scholarship package a New England D2 school will offer for women's soccer?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is the typical scholarship package a New England D2 school will offer for women's soccer?
    Your Google machine broken?

http://www.ncaa.org/about/division-i...olarship-model

http://www.ncsasports.org/athletic-s.../womens-soccer

9.9 total scholarships per D2 school (instead of 14 for D1).

Comment

This is also a good one - note that the averages are across all sports, not just soccer. But at least you can see the differences D1 vs D2 in total, as well as by school

Comment

This is also a good one - note that the averages are across all sports, not just soccer. But at least you can see the differences D1 vs D2 in total, as well as by school
        sorry link http://www.scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html

Comment

Your Google machine broken?

http://www.ncaa.org/about/division-i...olarship-model

http://www.ncsasports.org/athletic-s.../womens-soccer

9.9 total scholarships per D2 school (instead of 14 for D1).
          We are told "don't believe everything read on the internet" so we ask you A-hole TS low-lifes.

Comment

We are told "don't believe everything read on the internet" so we ask you A-hole TS low-lifes.
            What you want to know is the funding is rather spotty. Not sure if it still the case but local D2’s like Stonehill, Bentley, and St A were never funded particularly well, if at all. Been a few years though. Maybe someone with more current experience can chime in and give an update.

Comment

What you want to know is the funding is rather spotty. Not sure if it still the case but local D2’s like Stonehill, Bentley, and St A were never funded particularly well, if at all. Been a few years though. Maybe someone with more current experience can chime in and give an update.
              Yes, the funding an be spotty. Some programs might be funded at the full allocation of 9.9 scholarships while others are 4. Someone told me that Assumption was 0. Yes, that's right, no scholarships. I'm not sure if that is true or not, though.

Comment

Yes, the funding an be spotty. Some programs might be funded at the full allocation of 9.9 scholarships while others are 4. Someone told me that Assumption was 0. Yes, that's right, no scholarships. I'm not sure if that is true or not, though.
                Anyone know the real answer?

Comment

I assume that you mean the real answer to the Assumption scholarship situation. I've heard the same - scholarships are not funded for women's soccer. That being said, I don't know if it's true.

The other part of the statement is true about funding being spotty. I assume it would go from 0 up to 9.9 and the coach can divvy up that money at his own discretion.

Comment

If you dig through a school's financial statements you can sometimes find the info. It won't give you the # of scholarships but how much they give in total; you can approximate from there. But that one schoarshipstats link shows the overall total sports awards and you can see the average award for D2 is very low. It shows Assumption is $4500 for women's sports and Stonehill $6500

Comment

If you dig through a school's financial statements you can sometimes find the info. It won't give you the # of scholarships but how much they give in total; you can approximate from there. But that one schoarshipstats link shows the overall total sports awards and you can see the average award for D2 is very low. It shows Assumption is $4500 for women's sports and Stonehill $6500
                      And both schools offer significant merit and need based money. If you parlay all of that together you can get a pretty good aid package. Question is, does your kid want to give up everything for $4500-$6500?

...and the same can be said for some of the Patriot league schools (HC, Lafayette, Lehigh) except that there's no merit money offered at these schools.

Comment

Look at all your options based on ACADEMICS!!!! Not soccer. My D got $32K in merit $$ at D3 at her first choice school. Her D2 package offers were much lower. Just look at every option.

Comment

Look at all your options based on ACADEMICS!!!! Not soccer. My D got $32K in merit $$ at D3 at her first choice school. Her D2 package offers were much lower. Just look at every option.
                          So why play soccer at all. Better yet why not just Town soccer and call it a career after the high school career is over.

Comment

My kid has learning disability, and generally struggles to get B’s in school, and likely will not be getting any merit money for academics. Sometimes its only the athletics (and FAFSA) we can bank on.

Comment

I’ve known two different families separated by about 6 years that claimed they got significant “packages” at Assumption. Can’t say what exactly “significant” is but both families needed money to send their kid to college and that is where both ended up so it probably wasn’t a paltry sum. With all of the D2’s I think it’s fair to ask the coach how many scholarships they have funded when you do your first visit. Truth is every coach knows that’s an important question and expect to answer it so you shouldn’t be afraid to ask it if it’s a factor in your decision. No sense guessing or worst yet, crossing a school off your list based upon sideline here-say or something written here from an anonymous poster with an agenda.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X