Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep. Poor vision and an inability to make connecting passes in the midfield, so get frustrated and dump it forward. Too many players all over the field dribbling into pressure. Little to no movement off the ball to create space to receive passes. Forwards taking on 3+ defenders at a time or forwards scooping up long balls and instead of holding up the play to get numbers, they turn and run right into 4 defenders as if they might dribble through them all. Heck, the 2nd touch of the U15 game from a defender was a bad pass... think about that: the second touch was an intercepted pass.

I will say work rate is lower than what you usually see in ECNL and NPL, likely due to the strict substitution rules in DA. Honestly, just not very good soccer at all. What you have there are good athletes with some technical skill who make poor decisions with the ball and don't understand what to do in the 95% of the match when they are off the ball.

My kid's team is NPL, probably doesn't have the depth of athletic talent that DA team has, but plays possession soccer through the midfield with forwards who know when to run on the ball and beat a defender and when to hold up and attack with numbers. Not taking anything away from the athletes, but as soccer players? Poor soccer IQ, considering this is DA.
    How about you post one of her games on here?

Comment

Welcome to the age of the internet and social media. There is no going back, so I suggest you toughen up and learn to deal or just turn the electronics off...
      There is no turning back and actually I am enjoying parts of all the games specially the 19's. Excerpts of good soccer from both sides and better than tons of college games out there. They are actually trying to play. Haters will hate.

Comment

Exactly. Some idiot posts game videos of players who did not ask for it, and yet the response many here CHOSE to do was diss and mock those same kids. Now which is worse. OP was either naive, ignorant or a troll at worst ... but you all here a just plain a’holes.
        Snowflake generation can't take criticism... DA was held up to be the highest level soccer in the country. Don't want to be videoed and critiqued? Don't play DA/ECNL or whatever the next top league is. Seriously, you are probably a parent of a DA player who will play in college and you can't take the heat of criticism? How are you going to handle it when 1000 fans are watching your D play a critical game in college and she makes a mistake and the fans turn on her? How are you going to handle college games on TV for millions to watch and critique? Seriously get some perspective. If you can't handle this now, you aren't ready for college or whatever else may be in store.

Also, not taking anything away from the athletes, but to be soccer players requires more than just running really fast. Smart soccer players are what the DA is trying to develop, and they are way off the mark based on those videos. Looks no different than ECNL, which is known for big, fast athletes and kick and run soccer more than developing soccer IQ in players.

Comment

There is no turning back and actually I am enjoying parts of all the games specially the 19's. Excerpts of good soccer from both sides and better than tons of college games out there. They are actually trying to play. Haters will hate.
          You do not get off so easy with posting videos of kid on anonymous chat forums and then just shrugging your shoulders with oh well - everybody is doing it. It should not be done and that is a weak excuse.

Comment

Email nb and tell him.
            Why can't anyone answer the question about the U15 team? O3 Stars DA beats BBA consistently. Last time 5-2. That's the age group that matters to DA because it is combining with 02 next year. Why don't you show that video of Stars beating BBA badly.

Comment

Snowflake generation can't take criticism... DA was held up to be the highest level soccer in the country. Don't want to be videoed and critiqued? Don't play DA/ECNL or whatever the next top league is. Seriously, you are probably a parent of a DA player who will play in college and you can't take the heat of criticism? How are you going to handle it when 1000 fans are watching your D play a critical game in college and she makes a mistake and the fans turn on her? How are you going to handle college games on TV for millions to watch and critique? Seriously get some perspective. If you can't handle this now, you aren't ready for college or whatever else may be in store.

Also, not taking anything away from the athletes, but to be soccer players requires more than just running really fast. Smart soccer players are what the DA is trying to develop, and they are way off the mark based on those videos. Looks no different than ECNL, which is known for big, fast athletes and kick and run soccer more than developing soccer IQ in players.
              These kids signed up for criticism and instruction from their coaches. Spectators at the games - fine. Posting it on nasty anonymous forum -- jack ass move.

Comment

These kids signed up for criticism and instruction from their coaches. Spectators at the games - fine. Posting it on nasty anonymous forum -- jack ass move.
                You do know these videos are on Youtube right? This forum may be a den of scum and villainy, but it doesn't host those videos... just a hyperlink to them.

You should all welcome a discussion of the quality of play given what those girls are giving up to play DA. I was skeptical of DA for girls before seeing video of games. Now I'm glad my D is staying away. Not a knock on your choice, but I don't see much smart soccer there. Bits and pieces. I also understand that speed of play could be an issue for some players who maybe on the bubble for DA. That is also a valid concern considering all the talk of talent dilution among leagues.

Comment

You do know these videos are on Youtube right? This forum may be a den of scum and villainy, but it doesn't host those videos... just a hyperlink to them.

You should all welcome a discussion of the quality of play given what those girls are giving up to play DA. I was skeptical of DA for girls before seeing video of games. Now I'm glad my D is staying away. Not a knock on your choice, but I don't see much smart soccer there. Bits and pieces. I also understand that speed of play could be an issue for some players who maybe on the bubble for DA. That is also a valid concern considering all the talk of talent dilution among leagues.
                  Lots of games on youtube. watch to your hearts content. You don't put links to them on foul anonymous chat forums.

Comment

Some valid points. Did you watch all 3 full games? You are a troll and bashing DA. I can guarantee you that ECNL is worst. These 3 games are better than 99% of NE ecnl games. You are afraid that those that really know soccer calling your bluff.

Comment

Easy to do. Post or look on youtube any clips from ecnl NE game and compare.

Comment

Easy to do. Post or look on youtube any clips from ecnl NE game and compare.
                        Don't post link to videos on here. just watch them on you tube if yo are interested.

Saying it is for instructional purposes is BS. These kids are teens and have been at this for years. There are really no surprises in GDA or ECNL or any other league. Kids are known, coaches are known, gimme a break. Anyone interested knows more or less how this looks by now. Linking these these videos to a chat forum is just an excuse to find a way to insult soccer playing kids.

Comment

You do not get off so easy with posting videos of kid on anonymous chat forums and then just shrugging your shoulders with oh well - everybody is doing it. It should not be done and that is a weak excuse.
                          I doubt that anyone that belongs to BBA did it. The purpose is to bash and they are getting some resistance and relentless and weakly are coming back..

Comment

Some valid points. Did you watch all 3 full games? You are a troll and bashing DA. I can guarantee you that ECNL is worst. These 3 games are better than 99% of NE ecnl games. You are afraid that those that really know soccer calling your bluff.
                            Honestly, I didn't watch all three. I watched the one closest to my D's age to compare what I see most Sundays with the video. I have never said ECNL or NPL have better soccer. I said my D's team plays better soccer, but also doesn't have the depth of talent on the bench or the level of athlete those DA teams have. My point was simply I didn't see lots of great things in the video I watched. Not much different than ECNL games I've watched and you don't have to give up HS or deal with strict substitution rules or any of a myriad of other issues the DA has introduced.

My kid plays New England Premier. I have no horse in the ECNL/DA race, other than to say I'm not a fan of girls DA and my kid won't be playing DA. At least Boys DA has MLS fully-funded academies and a real pro path and even that is problematic. I'm sure you saw the recent post about DA from Steve Gans... he speaks from experience:
                            https://www.socceramerica.com/public...M0c9VKjnxfndZM

Comment

Honestly, I didn't watch all three. I watched the one closest to my D's age to compare what I see most Sundays with the video. I have never said ECNL or NPL have better soccer. I said my D's team plays better soccer, but also doesn't have the depth of talent on the bench or the level of athlete those DA teams have. My point was simply I didn't see lots of great things in the video I watched. Not much different than ECNL games I've watched and you don't have to give up HS or deal with strict substitution rules or any of a myriad of other issues the DA has introduced.

My kid plays New England Premier. I have no horse in the ECNL/DA race, other than to say I'm not a fan of girls DA and my kid won't be playing DA. At least Boys DA has MLS fully-funded academies and a real pro path and even that is problematic. I'm sure you saw the recent post about DA from Steve Gans... he speaks from experience:
                              https://www.socceramerica.com/public...M0c9VKjnxfndZM
                              You daughter plays NEP and you are comparing the way her team plays with those in ECNL and DA? Buddy, your daughter will not play there not by choice. She will not make any of those teams. This could be hard to grasp.

Comment

You daughter plays NEP and you are comparing the way her team plays with those in ECNL and DA? Buddy, your daughter will not play there not by choice. She will not make any of those teams. This could be hard to grasp.
                                Easy to grasp that you need to get over yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X