FC Stars West

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause they stink need another explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Thanks GPS any other advertising you want to get out there before tryouts?
      Sorry No, son used to be with WUP, but is currently with NEFC-West. Just stating facts.

Comment

Yes please...

Comment

Who stinks? Southwick or Whalley Park? Yes please explain?

Comment

It’s telling in that they can’t secure any players from known soccer hotbeds such as wilbraham, Ludlow, belchertown, West Springfield and Amherst. Talk to wilbraham and/or other surrounding towns about how they feel about leaving wilbraham and going to southwick.
            You are entitled to your opinion but I think you are off base here. You are implying that good players only come from those towns which is not true. You are also implying that GPS doesn't have any players from those towns which is also not true.

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion but I think you are off base here. You are implying that good players only come from those towns which is not true. You are also implying that GPS doesn't have any players from those towns which is also not true.
              No, not implying that at all, but a city like Westfield is stronger in sports other than soccer, a place like Agawam is stronger in sports other than soccer. Each town has its favorite sports within the town, it doesn't mean that these towns don't have kids that are very talented in soccer. It simply means the numbers are higher in "hotbed" towns. And although there may be one or two kids from the "hotbed" towns in each age group, shoot say 5, the majority of the kids from those towns are playing for NEFC and WUP. Shoot add Longmeadow and East Longmeadow and CFC to the conversation. GPS just is not drawing as much as those programs from the towns listed. This isn't a GPS is a horrible program post as I know there are talented kids and great coaches with the program.

Comment

No, not implying that at all, but a city like Westfield is stronger in sports other than soccer, a place like Agawam is stronger in sports other than soccer. Each town has its favorite sports within the town, it doesn't mean that these towns don't have kids that are very talented in soccer. It simply means the numbers are higher in "hotbed" towns. And although there may be one or two kids from the "hotbed" towns in each age group, shoot say 5, the majority of the kids from those towns are playing for NEFC and WUP. Shoot add Longmeadow and East Longmeadow and CFC to the conversation. GPS just is not drawing as much as those programs from the towns listed. This isn't a GPS is a horrible program post as I know there are talented kids and great coaches with the program.
                Just using your examples, but I am willing to bet that Westfield and Agawam are both very competitive with any of those other "hotbed" towns right now. Yes soccer is not the big sports there but their soccer programs are competitive. Check out the results from the winter indoor league, Boys U14, Westfield beat the Ludlow A team more often then they lost, so did West Springfield. Not saying either town is better then Ludlow, but they are right there with them. Both NEFC and WUP have major issues and are not strong clubs, each has a couple good teams and allot of weak ones. GPS is in a similar place, but with the benefit of being run fairly well and with one or two higher quality teams. Kids from every town can be found at all 3 of these clubs.

Comment

Just using your examples, but I am willing to bet that Westfield and Agawam are both very competitive with any of those other "hotbed" towns right now. Yes soccer is not the big sports there but their soccer programs are competitive. Check out the results from the winter indoor league, Boys U14, Westfield beat the Ludlow A team more often then they lost, so did West Springfield. Not saying either town is better then Ludlow, but they are right there with them. Both NEFC and WUP have major issues and are not strong clubs, each has a couple good teams and allot of weak ones. GPS is in a similar place, but with the benefit of being run fairly well and with one or two higher quality teams. Kids from every town can be found at all 3 of these clubs.
                  The problem in part at NEFC and WUP is the dad coach syndrome. They have decent athletic kids on squad with soccer skills but they do not have the necessary mentoring to bring them to the next level. I am imparting more skills on non practice nights with my kids.

Comment

The problem in part at NEFC and WUP is the dad coach syndrome. They have decent athletic kids on squad with soccer skills but they do not have the necessary mentoring to bring them to the next level. I am imparting more skills on non practice nights with my kids.
                    Funny of all the WUP teams out there I would say only one or two are coached by a dad and NEFC maybe has the same number. I think this quote isn’t even close as both organizations have some great coaches. And to to cheapen both clubs teams by saying they have “decent athletic kids” is a joke. They have some really talented kids as do other clubs in the area. And if you’re so amazing at imparting your skills why are you spending money on club soccer.

Comment

Funny of all the WUP teams out there I would say only one or two are coached by a dad and NEFC maybe has the same number. I think this quote isn’t even close as both organizations have some great coaches. And to to cheapen both clubs teams by saying they have “decent athletic kids” is a joke. They have some really talented kids as do other clubs in the area. And if you’re so amazing at imparting your skills why are you spending money on club soccer.
                      You are misinformed about the numbers of parent coaches. Put some effort into it if you want to challenge what I said rather than throwing out an unsubstantiated number you guess at. And re: great coaches, a common theme being brought up in this thread is not enough good coaches at both clubs so is everyone else that is saying the same thing wrong too?

Athletic, talented - same difference at a lot of age groups. How do I cheapen the clubs with the simple choice of words used to describe very similar attributes? You are splitting hairs.

Finally, I am spending money on club soccer because my wife did not have 11 kids of the same age and gender where we can form a team of our own (plus my job prevents taking on a coaching role). I'm also not amazing but I have a good grasp of the obvious that goes on on the field in front of my eyes and care enough to mention what I see to make my kid better (as opposed to coaches who apparently see nothing and do not offer constructive criticism).

Comment

FC Stars West tryouts cancelled due to low interest. Offers to tryout for FC Stars Worcester and Northboro.

Comment

FC Stars West tryouts cancelled due to low interest. Offers to tryout for FC Stars Worcester and Northboro.
                          This is a false statement. Tryouts are still on.

Comment

FC Stars is like a bad rash you just can’t get rid of.

Comment

Why bother

Comment

Why bother
                                agreed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X