Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are there roster limitations/rules? Since July activity typically means you are into the following year and training schedule, do teams take the previous team or the newer one (assuming better players are on the new one)?

I can envision a scenario where teams have a hard time getting a full squad, if some amount aren't picked for next year they will give the F-U, and if the newer replacement players can't suit up.
    Players at National Cup Finals
    :
    After the Regional competitions and qualifying state cups , for teams qualifying
    to the Finals, players may be dropped or added without limitation up to the maximum roster size, as long as any new players to be added were registered with the member club or
    league team at the start of the team’s National Cup XVI Regional competition or qualifying state cup.

If the club has had tryouts since the Regional, they may add up to three new players from such tryouts that have committed to and registered with the club for the next registration year. Any other roster emergency requests shall be determined by the Tournament Dir
    ector on a case-by-case basis.

Comment

Are there roster limitations/rules? Since July activity typically means you are into the following year and training schedule, do teams take the previous team or the newer one (assuming better players are on the new one)?

I can envision a scenario where teams have a hard time getting a full squad, if some amount aren't picked for next year they will give the F-U, and if the newer replacement players can't suit up.
      Most teams add a few players to go, whether guest ones, or ones joining team the next year. You may lose some players who will not be on that team the following season, although I have seen teams get the entire current roster to go, even if some are moving down the following year.

Comment

Most teams add a few players to go, whether guest ones, or ones joining team the next year. You may lose some players who will not be on that team the following season, although I have seen teams get the entire current roster to go, even if some are moving down the following year.
        I agree it's the RIGHT thing to do: those kids earned it and should be allowed to follow it through if they so desire. I can see why some wouldn't if they aren't in the mix the following year.

Comment

Not around here. No USYS premier clubs left. NSL, NEP, NPL are all US Club affiliated now. Hence the added Premier division of NEP State Cups in MA
          That's not true. The USYS cup is the premier level cup, and they send their winner to the Region 1 championships. It's an easier Cup but once you leave MA the level of USYS is higher than USClub.

Comment

Because nationals are in the summer many families already have plans that can't be changed. Some families can't afford to go. Allowing roster changes is a necessity, but yes any player that "earned it" during the regular seasons should be given first right of refusal. Then the club can offer spots to others, hopefully not taking significant PT from regular roster players. We went to Indy last year and had a very light roster. One major injury really had an impact.

Comment

That's not true. The USYS cup is the premier level cup, and they send their winner to the Region 1 championships. It's an easier Cup but once you leave MA the level of USYS is higher than USClub.
              Yes, that is true. So here’s the pathway...

Northeast NPL champs ➡️ NPL National Championships
              NEP NPL champs ➡️ NPL National Championships

NEP MA State Super Group champs ➡️ National Cup
              NEP MA State Premier Div champs ➡️ USYS Region 1 Championships

Comment

This has been one of those rare very informative threads on TS. Thank you all who’ve contributed info.

Comment

This has been one of those rare very informative threads on TS. Thank you all who’ve contributed info.

As thread starter...I agree!

Very, very helpful stuff. See...TS does prove some worth!!

Comment

ENPL Championships

I definitely think it is different this year with the advent of the ENPL inclusive of the ECNL.

My understanding is that the ENPL National Championship in Colorado only includes the top two teams from the East and the West in a Semis/Finals format (at least for U14, but I think older groups as well). U15-17 ONLY *also* crown an NPL (not ENPL) East or West regional winner. Confused yet?

Either way, I don't think you are going to Colorado for ENPL/NPL Finals without finishing in the top 2 at some sort of regional event in Lancaster June 29-July 3.

The online info on this is not much more enlightening, but here are some sources: http://www.nationalpremierleagues.co...018-npl-finals
                    http://usclubsoccer.org/2017/08/30/e...als-announced/

I do think winning the MA state cup gives you a free pass to the National Cup.

Comment

I definitely think it is different this year with the advent of the ENPL inclusive of the ECNL.

My understanding is that the ENPL National Championship in Colorado only includes the top two teams from the East and the West in a Semis/Finals format (at least for U14, but I think older groups as well). U15-17 ONLY *also* crown an NPL (not ENPL) East or West regional winner. Confused yet?

Either way, I don't think you are going to Colorado for ENPL/NPL Finals without finishing in the top 2 at some sort of regional event in Lancaster June 29-July 3.

The online info on this is not much more enlightening, but here are some sources: http://www.nationalpremierleagues.co...018-npl-finals

NOTE: This is all in the context of Boys; Girls may be different?

Comment

NOTE: This is all in the context of Boys; Girls may be different?
                        Yes, Girls are only NPL, and winners directly to Colorado. Boys side much more confusing.

Comment

It's my understanding that the "top four" teams play-off on 6/9 & 6/10. The winner goes to X (some National tourney sometime, somewhere). I see on the NEP page the schedule link.

Question is, is it the "top four" teams from the NPL A? Or, is it the "top two" teams from NPL A and the "top two" teams in NPL B? Or, do the NPL B play in the NEP playoffs?

Next question re: State Cups, does each State winner go to the Region, which then goes to Y (some National tourney sometime, somewhere). Does X=Y?

Having not a ton of exposure in this, it's thouroughly confusing. Wwhhhyyyy...back in my day we'd have tourneys and winners, going to Regional tourneys and winners, going to National tourneys. With how soccer has completely f-ed all this up, I can't figure out what the plan is.

(And, yes, I get DA and ECNL is where all the superstahs are, so could we keep that in the other three dozen threads out there?)
                          No we cannot keep the other threads out there. US Club Soccer is a joke.

Comment

No we cannot keep the other threads out there. US Club Soccer is a joke.
                            Go suck it elitist dad. Tens of thousands kids play US Club soccer. If soccer is only for "the best players" we'll never develop a soccer culture. the more kids playing the better.

Comment

Nationals? Not so much. One would expect about 50 teams competing in a tournament with a ‘National’ designation-right? My D’s team competed in the Nationals in July in Indy last year. There were less than 20 teams and 2 were from NJ (no West Coast teams either). IMO- just another tournament to make $.

Comment

That is correct. On the boys side, the NPL Finals are now gone and replaced with the ENPL championship--which is simply a Final Four with two teams from the East and two from the West. It just so happens that the East Region is being held in Lancaster this year, but it will have boys teams from NPLs and ECNLs from all over. It's somewhat unclear how they will narrow to two teams instead of just picking one--that could make the draw, however it is done, much more significant than usual.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X