X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe a team dropped out?
    No team dropped out. FYSA took a third place team over a team that finished second in their bracket.

Comment

No team dropped out. FYSA took a third place team over a team that finished second in their bracket.
      where's the logic in that?

Comment

where's the logic in that?
        There is one thing we can all agree on is that FYSA should never be mentioned in the same sentence as logic.

Comment

There is one thing we can all agree on is that FYSA should never be mentioned in the same sentence as logic.
          If there were groups with five teams and others with four, the case could be made. But all the groups had four teams, and somehow a group of kids is getting screwed out of something they earned. Shame on you FYSA!

Comment

If there were groups with five teams and others with four, the case could be made. But all the groups had four teams, and somehow a group of kids is getting screwed out of something they earned. Shame on you FYSA!
            FYSA should be ashamed. You are taking away an opportunity that the players earned on the field. It has always been the top two teams from each group move on to play in the final 16. Shame on you FYSA for saying there are different unpublished rules.

Comment

alas, the most common and pathetic of TS responses - an anonymous responder takes the high road and claims to feel sorry for the child of another, claiming that a parents' sentiment is 'what's wrong with this world'

give us a break, the OP referred to a child that once idolized State Cup winners (probably at the same age that most of us were idolizing GI Joe and Justice League characters) and you new ride in on your high horse to rudely criticize another person (who you do not know) as a bad parent.

Honestly, though I would not proclaim anything discussed on this site to be revealing of the great problems of this world. I can say that your obnoxious behavior and quick-trigger anonymous internet criticism of another person (who is just as likely a terrific person) is a much better candidate for "what's wrong with this world" than the case of a young child who looks up with admiration at the top teams, players and coaches in his club.

Look in the mirror. You are spending your time criticizing people on Talking-soccer. I would not dream to do the same. You could be a great chap - but it's at least true that the person you revealed in your post could use a little self-evaluation.
              OP here and thank you, I was just trying to share some of my sons insights and feelings about how the sport has changed for him but then I realized where I was posting. Pretty pathetic to judge something and someone they know nothing about. Soccer and these players, coaches and teams have shaped him into the young man that he is, One that has made the choice to commit to a great school early where he will pursue a law degree...I guess that's what's wrong with America???

Comment

This is not possible, there must be more to the story

Comment

Looks like it was Celtic that got bumped. They should have been in the final 16. It is always the top two from each group that move on. Why would FYSA change that?
                  Is all about the connection$. The daddy coaches don't have enough connection$ and the paid coaches used the right $trategy to make $ure they got $cheduled in the next round.

Comment

Celtic should consider it a blessing in disguise - even the more competitive teams that actually have a chance to win are struggling to get players to make the games - most of the teams are makeshift at this point - just enjoy the fact that you don’t have to waste your time and money going to Auburndale on Friday.

Comment

What's interesting is the name of the manager of the 3rd place team who moved on over the 2nd place team who were eliminated. Just looks so bad.

Comment

OP here and thank you, I was just trying to share some of my sons insights and feelings about how the sport has changed for him but then I realized where I was posting. Pretty pathetic to judge something and someone they know nothing about. Soccer and these players, coaches and teams have shaped him into the young man that he is, One that has made the choice to commit to a great school early where he will pursue a law degree...I guess that's what's wrong with America???
                        I am just trying to say just becuase someone can score a goal, throw a touchdown, or dunk a basketball does not make you an idol. It is every mom and dad that goes out everyday and bust their butts just to make a better life for their children. The teacher going the extra mile to help you pass your test. The armed services protecting our freedom. Let’s not forget the police and firemen (women) who run towards danger while others are running from it. These are the idols which kids should have not a 13/18 kids who won State Cup.

Comment

What's interesting is the name of the manager of the 3rd place team who moved on over the 2nd place team who were eliminated. Just looks so bad.
                          The team manager of the third place team that moved on is Marino Torrens and the President of FYSA is Marino Torrens! Wow, no inside politics there. Can you say corruption at it's finest. Way to go FYSA, you proved all the questions about insider favorites on this one. Now we all know the truth!!!! Shame on you Mr Torrens and FYSA for allowing this.

Comment

The team manager of the third place team that moved on is Marino Torrens and the President of FYSA is Marino Torrens! Wow, no inside politics there. Can you say corruption at it's finest. Way to go FYSA, you proved all the questions about insider favorites on this one. Now we all know the truth!!!! Shame on you Mr Torrens and FYSA for allowing this.
                            Finkle is Einhorn?

Comment

Games

Any predictions for U19 boys

Comment

Any predictions for U19 boys
                                Yeah regrets for not making DA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X