Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars still can't get it right

Fine, You make the decision to drop GDA. BUT you then decide to have two ECNL teams on "equal footing". Why can't we get back to having ONE top team and multiple NPL teams instead of having 2 top teams. Why dilute the talent? Makes no sense. Does it to anyone else?

Why dilute the NPL talent?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Fine, You make the decision to drop GDA. BUT you then decide to have two ECNL teams on "equal footing". Why can't we get back to having ONE top team and multiple NPL teams instead of having 2 top teams. Why dilute the talent? Makes no sense. Does it to anyone else?
      Here's a tip. Be more skeptical. Think in terms of business rather than soccer.

Stars just announced bailing on GDA. Those parents want to be told how special they are, they don't want to be told "Welcome to the B team!" Of course there won't be "equal footing" (just like there wasn't with GDA by the way). Of course it makes sense to say what they said. They are in the business of keeping the players they have or replacing them with better ones. That's it.

Comment

Stars just announced bailing on GDA. Those parents want to be told how special they are, they don't want to be told "Welcome to the B team!" Of course there won't be "equal footing" (just like there wasn't with GDA by the way). Of course it makes sense to say what they said. They are in the business of keeping the players they have or replacing them with better ones. That's it.
        Any parents who feel their kid is “special” because they are playing in a certain league are half the problem. Of course making 2 ECNL teams was a business decision, and has nothing to do with soccer. But those parents/kids need some false sense that they are not “getting relegated” and this plan acheives it. I’d be pissed if I were on the ECNL team that never did DA. Now my club is devaluing my team/player too. We know there are not one full roster of truly elite players to make up an ECNL team, and now they are saying the talent pool is strong enough for 2?

But hey, they parents and kids are the suckers who buy this crap, so I don’t blame em for doing it.

Comment

I want to see how Stars spin this one- maybe ECNL A and ECNL B teams, no that would give the wrong impression- ECNL- messi and ECNL-Ronaldo. Now that's much better.

Comment

this is worthy of another thread? You people are looking crazy, and some are looking desperate.

Comment

Any parents who feel their kid is “special” because they are playing in a certain league are half the problem.
              More than half.

Comment

Wrong. They had been doing it this way since the clubs inception. They always had a top team. They do at U13 and below. This is nothing new to parents with kids on B teams. Every other club does it this way. Except........the almighty stars. Trust me they won't lose business with way. You know better than that.

Comment

this is why its such a joke. from the responses in this thread its not a huge leap to say Stars pulled out of the GDA becasue

1. parents did not feel special enough.
                  2. Club owners did not feel like big fish

Smh

Comment

Just curious... what did they bill as the top team? ECNL or GDA?

Comment

"From the responses on this thread"...... very well sourced information. Your conclusions must be correct.

Stars made their decision because it made sense for the club and their players. Not because it makes sense to you or your club. I suspect their decision may put your club in a difficult situation one way or another and that's the real reason for your bitterness.

Comment

Has "equal footing" been communicated?

Letter i read said "both will participate identically".
                        Totally possible to have an A and B team that practice together and play same schedule. A comes in top 5 and goes to Championship, B comes in top x and may or may not make playoffs.

Comment

Just curious... what did they bill as the top team? ECNL or GDA?
                          They didn’t (although most folks knew which was stronger in each age group). My guess is that they won’t label the 2 ECNL teams either, and just let each think they are tops. Until the results start coming in that is.

Now the other possibility is Stars decides to just do one big ECNL pool that trains as one team, and then rosters are just assigned and split every week depending on their competition. That seems to be more in line with the Stars way of doing things.

Comment

They didn’t (although most folks knew which was stronger in each age group). My guess is that they won’t label the 2 ECNL teams either, and just let each think they are tops. Until the results start coming in that is.

Now the other possibility is Stars decides to just do one big ECNL pool that trains as one team, and then rosters are just assigned and split every week depending on their competition. That seems to be more in line with the Stars way of doing things.
                            2 teams this year, but could change following year. Even if they keep them separate, this all works out over time anyway as there will not be GDA teams formed at younger ages. did ECNL let them have 2 teams every age group, or are they just letting the existing GDA teams get slotted into the league?

Comment

2 teams this year, but could change following year. Even if they keep them separate, this all works out over time anyway as there will not be GDA teams formed at younger ages. did ECNL let them have 2 teams every age group, or are they just letting the existing GDA teams get slotted into the league?
                              2 at every age group- total 14.
                              Doesn’t say if this goes on forever or just for next year or x years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X