Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You just sound pretty hypocritical to me.
    I guess it does sound that way. Unfortunately no amount of education or money can fix the reason I am awake late at night. I only wish it could. Good luck to your son I hope his experience is a great one!

Comment

Disappointing but you scrape together what you can and move forward.

Comment

It's a good life lesson.

Comment

Thorns really did'nt draw the best players away from ECNL. Adding the 05 pool of players had a bunch of parents wondering if that is good enough to push player development for the 04's. Those 5's might be good in Oregon but when you are comparing those 05's with what is across this country from a talent stand point they are far off the mark.

Good luck to the DA players and pool.
          I think the parents/coaches at FCP 99/00 would disagree!

Comment

Well you can sit around and whine about it or you can suck it up and move forward.

Comment

Thorns really did'nt draw the best players away from ECNL. Adding the 05 pool of players had a bunch of parents wondering if that is good enough to push player development for the 04's. Those 5's might be good in Oregon but when you are comparing those 05's with what is across this country from a talent stand point they are far off the mark.

Good luck to the DA players and pool.
              Attracting players from the area's locals club is the only method a DA has in it's infancy. The first few years the priority for the USDA in town will be focused on the best for the younger age group teams through RTC/ODP identification and open tryouts. Pulling players off older aged local club teams isn't too appealing, since they are so poorly trained & have been fodder in their current choice of competition.

Comment

You put your best foot forward and sometimes you don't succeed. That's ok. Keep trying.

Comment

You put your best foot forward and sometimes you don't succeed. That's ok. Keep trying.
                  Lessons will be learned. The ban on high school is an obstacle that really hurts bringing in top players.

Comment

Lessons will be learned. The ban on high school is an obstacle that really hurts bringing in top players.
                    That's what they said about the boys, too. Now it's accepted, 1 or 2 solid players per year pass up the academy for HS, no big deal.

Comment

Oregon has players who gave up proms, other high school events, and Thanksgivings to travel, train and play on ODP National teams. They were top players. The DA and GDA is another opportunity for those involved.

Comment

Oregon has players who gave up proms, other high school events, and Thanksgivings to travel, train and play on ODP National teams. They were top players. The DA and GDA is another opportunity for those involved.
                        Only their parents think they are the top players.

When was the last time someone from Oregon was on a national team? Not camp but on the national team.

Comment

Only their parents think they are the top players.

When was the last time someone from Oregon was on a national team? Not camp but on the national team.
                          The more important question is how many of those "top players" look back after 5-10 years and say missing those events like family holidays, proms, etc was beneficial to their soccer development or their personal development? How many of them would do it all again, knowing where they ended up and where friends who didn't miss out on those events ended up?

I don't have a dog in this fight. My kid is not a top player in Oregon. But I feel very strongly that the top players in Oregon will be "found" even if they choose to spend Thanksgiving with their families.

Comment

The more important question is how many of those "top players" look back after 5-10 years and say missing those events like family holidays, proms, etc was beneficial to their soccer development or their personal development? How many of them would do it all again, knowing where they ended up and where friends who didn't miss out on those events ended up?

I don't have a dog in this fight. My kid is not a top player in Oregon. But I feel very strongly that the top players in Oregon will be "found" even if they choose to spend Thanksgiving with their families.
                            This is true and has played out this way over the years.

Comment

The USDA with the Timbers/Thorns has made this possible being 'found' which is great and it's paid for!!

Comment

If you have to give us high school and family events to get good at soccer then the NSFW Thorns are the right avenue. You can always try to make friends with the girls on the team if you need that sort of thing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X