The end of the "soccer mom"....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the hardest time for me at night. The world is asleep and I'm almost out of beer.

I wish I had a pound of bacon right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It is mid season for many soccer players. My Question: Is it time for the advent of the mid season trophy? Shouldn't we celebrate the fact that the kids made it this far? It might make the second half of season much more fun.
      What is wrong with awards for young players? It builds confidence, and you clearly do not get this. A mid season trophy would be alright by me.

Comment

Does anyone have any coupons or discount ideas regarding bulk purchases of juice boxes?

Comment

What is wrong with awards for young players? It builds confidence, and you clearly do not get this. A mid season trophy would be alright by me.
          I'll tell what's wrong, it builds mediocrity, that's whats wrong. "Why try to excel when I get a trophy no matter what?" "So we got crushed by the other team, oh well, where's my trophy?"
          Pathetic.

Comment

I'll tell what's wrong, it builds mediocrity, that's whats wrong. "Why try to excel when I get a trophy no matter what?" "So we got crushed by the other team, oh well, where's my trophy?"
            Pathetic.
            You are so wrong. Arms are for hugging SIR! Love and showering trophies builds confidence and smiles. If I had my way, I would not even keep score. If you really think about it, just trying hard and playing each week makes them ALL WINNERS. Stop being so demanding and angry and vote democrat like me, drink some herbal tea and CHILL OUT!

Comment

You are so wrong. Arms are for hugging SIR! Love and showering trophies builds confidence and smiles. If I had my way, I would not even keep score. If you really think about it, just trying hard and playing each week makes them ALL WINNERS. Stop being so demanding and angry and vote democrat like me, drink some herbal tea and CHILL OUT!
              HaHaHaHa!!

Comment

You get more production and achievement out of your kids with super disciplined iron fist rule and swift punishment than you can with namby pamby awards or praise or nice words. Arms are for international trade not hugs.

All the high achievers come from tough, merciless homes and you can take that to the bank!

Comment

Pathetic.
                  Well, I for one will do whatever the opposite of what created the sour, bitter person that you are.

So if I have to break out the trophy for getting my kids to eat veggies or brush their teeth, that's what I will do.

Just want them to be happy. Not old and bitter.

Comment

You wimpy parents and your trophy juice boxes and nice words. What a load! Pathetic kids are sad at home and dull not shiny like some.

Dog, that don't fly in the out back with the what for, times. Just leave it to the locals that will push if for the inner strangeths and power for all. Got it?? Word.

Comment

Are you having fun? Very obvious you are having a conversation with yourself. Scary weird.

Comment

You wimpy parents and your trophy juice boxes and nice words. What a load! Pathetic kids are sad at home and dull not shiny like some.

Dog, that don't fly in the out back with the what for, times. Just leave it to the locals that will push if for the inner strangeths and power for all. Got it?? Word.
                        Finnally! Somebody gets it. Right on daddio!

Comment

Finnally! Somebody gets it. Right on daddio!
                          I second that emotion. Now were getting somewhere.

Comment

This is a very timely, intelligent discussion and I'm glad I found it.

I was trying to figure out how to motivate my child, so I thought I would turn to an anonymous internet chat room. I have been taking lots of notes and will be crafting the manner in which I deal with my child solely based on the input here.

Thanks for all the great ideas and input. I'll check back in a couple years and let you know how it worked out.

Comment

Todd Marinovich is the prototype. Watch the documentary. Read up on him. That is how you create the ultimate sports machine. He is football, but the lessons are the same. His dad knows what he is doing.

Comment

Yeah. I saw that documentary. I don't see what's wrong with pushing your kid to be the very best. Look the guy played in the nfl. The fact that he ended up with with a hard drug habit and in prison had nothing to do with his parents pushing him.

Wussies. You don't play competitive soccer for "fun", even if you are winning. You play to be the very best and play top quality soccer. That is the only time your precious little kid will have fun. You whimps are creating soft whimpy kids.

Football and psycho parents in beauty parents have nothing to do with soccer.

My kid is on a strict eating and workout regimen. He wanted to quit soccer because it was "hard". But I did the right thing and taught him a lesson. He won't ever talk back to me again. He'll thank me when he is older.

This topic and the stupid soft moms makes me so angry I could spit blood.

no joke

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X