U19 State Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many teams playing short players likely reason for some of the overkill scores , proms, graduations, senior events. FYSA stretches this out for 2 months, it’s only going to get worse.

Comment

FYSA needs to Change Format

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It's really a horrible tournament for ay kid that is also trying to get college exposure. FYSA has the arrogance to think that State Cup is the only important or valuable thing on the schedule in the Spring.

All of these weekends on the calendar devoted to State Cup directly conflict with events that actually matter. Every other tournament can settle a four team bracket in a weekend but FYSA needs two weekends just to identify the top 3 of 4 teams in a bracket (1st round). That's why teams are still getting beat 10-2 and 13-2 in the 2nd round, which also takes two separate weekends to settle. Really, a drive to Auburndale for one game? This is abusive.
      I agree completely. I can't see entering this tournament again next year. If they can't solve a four team bracket in one weekend, they shouldn't be managing youth soccer events. 1st round is OK if say only one or two teams cleared through, but three teams? That's crazy.

The kids know this is crazy too. We won our weak bracket and had another weak team in the 2nd round. The kids are all opting out of games because they think they can take the day off and the remaining kids will still advance. We will likely get beat this way, but how can you ask a kid to skip work, or prom (or a family that has little money) to travel to Auburndale for a single game against a team that has no competitive history at all?

I never thought that State Cup would be this boring - and that's really the biggest problem for FYSA in the future.

Comment

I agree completely. I can't see entering this tournament again next year. If they can't solve a four team bracket in one weekend, they shouldn't be managing youth soccer events. 1st round is OK if say only one or two teams cleared through, but three teams? That's crazy.

The kids know this is crazy too. We won our weak bracket and had another weak team in the 2nd round. The kids are all opting out of games because they think they can take the day off and the remaining kids will still advance. We will likely get beat this way, but how can you ask a kid to skip work, or prom (or a family that has little money) to travel to Auburndale for a single game against a team that has no competitive history at all?

I never thought that State Cup would be this boring - and that's really the biggest problem for FYSA in the future.
        My sons goal growing up was to win State Cup, he looked up to the players and coaches that did like idols. Coming close a couple times in younger years ( final fours ) only fueled him more.

As he enters probaly his last year and last chance to win he is seeing what this tournament has become, another watered down months long drawn out shakedown. After years of traveling to great tournaments with great competiotion ( Vegas, NC, Jefferson and Disney ) I dont think a medal here would even get to the shelf anymore?

Adult greed is ruining kids dreams. This tournament should be above ALL others and the pinnacle of the year. Invite only the best (DA,ENCL,SRPL etc.) and crown a true champion and if some team is butt hurt because the didnt make the field then so be it!

Comment

Club

Many teams playing short players likely reason for some of the overkill scores , proms, graduations, senior events. FYSA stretches this out for 2 months, it’s only going to get worse.
          Lets see what happens this weekend. I cant wait to make the drive to Auburndale once again

Comment

For sure round 1 and round 2 games should never have taken place. Should just go straight to round of 16. What a waste of time driving up and back to Auburndale.
            Yes but how do you determine which 16 get to play?

Comment

Club

Yes but how do you determine which 16 get to play?
              The FYSA folks have it all worked out

Comment

Fspl

Looks like this weekend may be a wash out

Comment

Looks like this weekend may be a wash out
                  Schedule shows some games moving to NERP (turf fields)

Comment

How do they determine who move on to the round of 16? Is it first and second from each group or the top 16 by points and then goal differential?

Comment

I think I know the answer to this question. But could anyone that truly knows answer this please. Do college coaches pay much attention to u19 teams, tournaments, State Cup Etc? Relative to u18 teams which one do they pay more attention to. I presume most u19 players have committed so coaches pay more attention to you 18 and u-17 teams. My son's coach wants him to jump to a u-19 team next year primarily and my gut is telling me he won't get as much exposure to coaches as opposed to a u18 team. Am I correct? Thank you

Comment

Agreed

My sons goal growing up was to win State Cup, he looked up to the players and coaches that did like idols. Coming close a couple times in younger years ( final fours ) only fueled him more.

As he enters probaly his last year and last chance to win he is seeing what this tournament has become, another watered down months long drawn out shakedown. After years of traveling to great tournaments with great competiotion ( Vegas, NC, Jefferson and Disney ) I dont think a medal here would even get to the shelf anymore?

Adult greed is ruining kids dreams. This tournament should be above ALL others and the pinnacle of the year. Invite only the best (DA,ENCL,SRPL etc.) and crown a true champion and if some team is butt hurt because the didnt make the field then so be it!
                        I couldn’t agree more.

If they have no choice but to accept every entry, at least turn the first round into a one team bracket winner. Same thing for the second round. Some of the teams we are playing have next to no competitive history, but they get into the tournament with an entry fee. That’s fine, but it should be sorted out in the first round without three teams going through.

Comment

Club

The weather was not as bad as everyone expected. It rained all weekend but the games went off with out any issues.
                          Still some big scores just like the last games. Also some upsets so you never know what can happen

Comment

Sad, that your son looks at these people as his idols. Idols should be parents, teachers, and all those others that have his best interest in mind and not some kid who can kick a ball. This is exactly what is wrong with this world. I feel bad for him.

Comment

"I feel bad for you"

Sad, that your son looks at these people as his idols. Idols should be parents, teachers, and all those others that have his best interest in mind and not some kid who can kick a ball. This is exactly what is wrong with this world. I feel bad for him.
                              alas, the most common and pathetic of TS responses - an anonymous responder takes the high road and claims to feel sorry for the child of another, claiming that a parents' sentiment is 'what's wrong with this world'

give us a break, the OP referred to a child that once idolized State Cup winners (probably at the same age that most of us were idolizing GI Joe and Justice League characters) and you new ride in on your high horse to rudely criticize another person (who you do not know) as a bad parent.

Honestly, though I would not proclaim anything discussed on this site to be revealing of the great problems of this world. I can say that your obnoxious behavior and quick-trigger anonymous internet criticism of another person (who is just as likely a terrific person) is a much better candidate for "what's wrong with this world" than the case of a young child who looks up with admiration at the top teams, players and coaches in his club.

Look in the mirror. You are spending your time criticizing people on Talking-soccer. I would not dream to do the same. You could be a great chap - but it's at least true that the person you revealed in your post could use a little self-evaluation.

Comment

alas, the most common and pathetic of TS responses - an anonymous responder takes the high road and claims to feel sorry for the child of another, claiming that a parents' sentiment is 'what's wrong with this world'

give us a break, the OP referred to a child that once idolized State Cup winners (probably at the same age that most of us were idolizing GI Joe and Justice League characters) and you new ride in on your high horse to rudely criticize another person (who you do not know) as a bad parent.

Honestly, though I would not proclaim anything discussed on this site to be revealing of the great problems of this world. I can say that your obnoxious behavior and quick-trigger anonymous internet criticism of another person (who is just as likely a terrific person) is a much better candidate for "what's wrong with this world" than the case of a young child who looks up with admiration at the top teams, players and coaches in his club.

Look in the mirror. You are spending your time criticizing people on Talking-soccer. I would not dream to do the same. You could be a great chap - but it's at least true that the person you revealed in your post could use a little self-evaluation.
                                Uhh...aren't you doing exactly what you are writing about? Criticizing another parent on an anonymous forum? Maybe re-read your own advice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X