Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubs who don't have tryouts...

Tryout season is coming up soon, but for those clubs who don't hold formal tryouts, how/when does registration open and how are teams formed? Do they tend to rely on returning players? Is it just coach knowledge of who they expect to play in the fall?

What club doesn't have try outs?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What club doesn't have try outs?
      Really really small ones! Haha.

Comment

tryouts

In the case of the older teams, when kids are more settled in their development, exactly how much information can a club get from new kids during a 90 minute tryout?? This, compared to seeing the kids who have been on the team for the past year??

Comment

In the case of the older teams, when kids are more settled in their development, exactly how much information can a club get from new kids during a 90 minute tryout?? This, compared to seeing the kids who have been on the team for the past year??
          How do you suppose they find/ID new kids without tryouts? I mean I realize some will attend practices ahead of time, but not all. And it’s how coaches decide whether to keep or dump a bubble player in favor or a new player.

Comment

How do you suppose they find/ID new kids without tryouts? I mean I realize some will attend practices ahead of time, but not all. And it’s how coaches decide whether to keep or dump a bubble player in favor or a new player.
            They usually invited anyone interested to come to a practice or two. Not much movement in the HS ages, especially juniors and seniorss

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X