Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODP/RTC a complete waste of time & money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have an 06 son and have heard that pathway to the academy is thru RTC and ODP. This is mainly from the Timbers website.

I have also heard that a good portion of the current academy players used to have private training with the academy coaches. Anyone have insight if you need to do ODP if the second pathway is true. If so, who do I need to contact to get my son "in" with the coaches?
    Just go train with Tracy Hasson and you have a good chance of making the academy. He thinks he is a good trainer, but we've been with mailmen, yes mailmen, who were cheaper and better tha Tracy. He's now apologizing to parents for telling them to go to certain clubs. What a joke.

Comment

train w/ Tracy or not?

So you recommend that my son trains with Tracy to get a shot at the academy, right? I found something about Rose City Prep. Is that what you're talking about?

But he also directs us to certain clubs, which is bad? I'm confused. Is that not good, if he wants my son to play a certain style of soccer, which would help getting into the academy? Or does my son just need to spend a lot of time (and a lot of my money) with Tracy?

Comment

So you recommend that my son trains with Tracy to get a shot at the academy, right? I found something about Rose City Prep. Is that what you're talking about?

But he also directs us to certain clubs, which is bad? I'm confused. Is that not good, if he wants my son to play a certain style of soccer, which would help getting into the academy? Or does my son just need to spend a lot of time (and a lot of my money) with Tracy?
        If you want your kid to get into the academy, train with Rose City Prep. If you want your kid to be a good soccer player, don't train with Rose City Prep. If you want your kid to grow up to be someone who makes his own way in the world rather than someone who has had his mommy and daddy pay for every opportunity he has had in life, don't go to Rose City Prep.

Comment

If you want your kid to get into the academy, train with Rose City Prep. If you want your kid to be a good soccer player, don't train with Rose City Prep. If you want your kid to grow up to be someone who makes his own way in the world rather than someone who has had his mommy and daddy pay for every opportunity he has had in life, don't go to Rose City Prep.
          ODP is worth it at the younger ages if you are able to attend regional camp and eventually the the regional team. Otherwise don't bother.

Comment

ODP has become a below average experience. There are so many better things you can do with your time and money that will make you a better player.

Comment

Sorry. But I did. And ODP was. A great value.
              And on our boys team not one player from crossfire. Clearly their boys program sucks.

Comment

You can buy your way on. Everyone knows this.

Comment

Rose City Prep is a joke! First it's way over priced. Secondly the trainers are local average trainers and coaches. Just because you train with Tracy regularly won't get you a free pass to top ODP or Academy team. That is a promise.

Comment

ODP is worth it at the younger ages if you are able to attend regional camp and eventually the the regional team. Otherwise don't bother.
                    What's the full benefit of making the regional 4 team?

Comment

Mostly early experience of regional iv phoenix. region iv camp in july.
                      If you are really good, could go to interregionals during thanksgiving where region i-iv play against each other. sometimes they throw in YNT and see what happens. if you really awesome, could go to odp national training camp in phoenix. good resume builder still.
                      old system don't die right away, folks. there are still value in them. good experience.
                      really helped my dd and i am grateful for odp.

Comment

ODP would be better if they could convince coaches to participate. Now they just take who they can get.

Comment

Something to write on your resume for college. Period.

Comment

Something to write on your resume for college. Period.
                            College coaches know that ODP is a joke these days. They just trash any resumes that list ODP participation.

Comment

Our Timbers Alliance club staff are not advising ODP/RTC. No tangible benefits.
                              Funny too have coaches tell players that they would rather not have players tryout for it but yet timbers and thorns have their names all over it ???

Comment

ODP struggles to get coaches. You have to give up your weekends. Thanksgiving and Spring break they have required events. And pay isn't good.

That's probably why it's not very good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X