Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why alliance between PCU/NEU to form boys DA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why alliance between PCU/NEU to form boys DA?

Seems a natural fit rather that FCP/NEU. Anyone know what happened?
    I'm not trying to stir up anything here, just curious as there is only one DA for all of east Portland metro area.

Sorry, I meant "why NO alliance between PCU/NEU"

Comment

PCU / NEU would have made a great alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        PCU / NEU would have made a great alliance.
        Why because of geography? That is an unintelegent assumption.

There is an alliance between NEU and FCP because the DOC from NEU was a coach from FCP and a player under Clive Charles. Also, FCP needed his license for the DA program. History and understanding make good relationships not geography.

What you suggested PCU/NEU would be terrible. Why you ask? Because each club would be trying to absorb the other to make one big club. A constant fight for the same kids.

Comment

There is an alliance between NEU and FCP because the DOC from NEU was a coach from FCP and a player under Clive Charles. Also, FCP needed his license for the DA program. History and understanding make good relationships not geography.

What you suggested PCU/NEU would be terrible. Why you ask? Because each club would be trying to absorb the other to make one big club. A constant fight for the same kids.
          "unintelegent."

You are joking?!

Comment

"unintelegent."

You are joking?!
            Of course he is not. Arrogant A-holes who think they are smarter than everybody else, do not know how to joke. Ironically, that is why they are such a joke.

Comment

"unintelegent."

You are joking?!
              Yes uninlegelgent. I explained why the NEU FCP alliance works.

Where is your reasoning for the PCU/NEU alliance? What you don't have any.

Comment

Yes uninlegelgent. I explained why the NEU FCP alliance works.

Where is your reasoning for the PCU/NEU alliance? What you don't have any.
                I'm asking if you're joking in your misspelling of "unintelligent."

Even bright people misspell.

Comment

Hi, OP here,

I appreciate your response in providing some insight into the FCP/NEU DA alliance. I do understand that personal history and understanding are the basis of any good relationship/alliance but I think geography does play a big part of most parents soccer club selection.

Don't PCU/NEU have some overlap in their service areas already which you could say leads them to "compete" for players already? I say "compete" because I don't honestly know what kind of competition non-profit soccer clubs engage in other than some brand/service awareness advertising and soccer clinics/camps.

The one thing that would differentiate these clubs is a BDA program or pathway that was actually local to their service area.

Anyone know if PCU/NEU BDA alliance was ever discussed or considered? I'm curious to know if the poster is correct that competition between the two clubs was a roadblock/deal killer or if the idea was never even entertained for other reasons.

It seems like there is a hole in the DA market since none of the DA's are actually located in the city of Pdx. I understand the argument that there are probably to many BDA programs already in the pdx metro area but if you are going to blanket the metro area with BDA and setup a top level league with the most of the oysa premier level players then actually having a program in the city of pdx seems like a natural consideration.

I realize implementing a BDA program came down to a club by club decision, thus my original question of why didn't the two biggest inner eastside clubs get involved and setup a local BDA as the nearest options are driving to Gresham or Vancouver.

It's not my intention to disparage PCU/NEU, I'm just trying to gain an understanding of the reasons and decision making process that went into deciding against a BDA program. Any insight or comments on this topic are appreciated.

Comment

Hi, OP here,

I appreciate your response in providing some insight into the FCP/NEU DA alliance. I do understand that personal history and understanding are the basis of any good relationship/alliance but I think geography does play a big part of most parents soccer club selection.

Don't PCU/NEU have some overlap in their service areas already which you could say leads them to "compete" for players already? I say "compete" because I don't honestly know what kind of competition non-profit soccer clubs engage in other than some brand/service awareness advertising and soccer clinics/camps.

The one thing that would differentiate these clubs is a BDA program or pathway that was actually local to their service area.

Anyone know if PCU/NEU BDA alliance was ever discussed or considered? I'm curious to know if the poster is correct that competition between the two clubs was a roadblock/deal killer or if the idea was never even entertained for other reasons.

It seems like there is a hole in the DA market since none of the DA's are actually located in the city of Pdx. I understand the argument that there are probably to many BDA programs already in the pdx metro area but if you are going to blanket the metro area with BDA and setup a top level league with the most of the oysa premier level players then actually having a program in the city of pdx seems like a natural consideration.

I realize implementing a BDA program came down to a club by club decision, thus my original question of why didn't the two biggest inner eastside clubs get involved and setup a local BDA as the nearest options are driving to Gresham or Vancouver.

It's not my intention to disparage PCU/NEU, I'm just trying to gain an understanding of the reasons and decision making process that went into deciding against a BDA program. Any insight or comments on this topic are appreciated.
                    Don't have all the details to your question, but right now the FC/NEU team practices 1/3 to 1/2 of the time on the eastside (Madison or Concordia). I think it was part of the deal.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that PCU didn't go for a DA team on their own. They're a big enough club, with a decent history and one which regularly wins state cups--and does Washington County really need 4 DAs? (Westside, FC "Portland", BSC, and Crossfire)? Do they not have enough A/B licensed coaches on staff, or otherwise fail to meet the technical requirements?

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that PCU didn't go for a DA team on their own. They're a big enough club, with a decent history and one which regularly wins state cups--and does Washington County really need 4 DAs? (Westside, FC "Portland", BSC, and Crossfire)? Do they not have enough A/B licensed coaches on staff, or otherwise fail to meet the technical requirements?
                        Maybe they don't believe in the DA model. Not everyone has to chase the next shiny unproven thing like you do

Comment

Yes. B licensed DOC. Likely chose not to participate. They're doing fine without hosting a DA team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X