Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls Soccer

The discussions on the STA thread, PSA thread, PDA thread, MF thread, CSA thread are all centered on talking about girls soccer. 90% of the discussion in this NJ forum is about the girls side. Why is that? This is not a question about whether girls soccer or boys soccer is more important. I was just wondering what is everyone's opinion as to why girls soccer draws more people to this forum for discussion?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The discussions on the STA thread, PSA thread, PDA thread, MF thread, CSA thread are all centered on talking about girls soccer. 90% of the discussion in this NJ forum is about the girls side. Why is that? This is not a question about whether girls soccer or boys soccer is more important. I was just wondering what is everyone's opinion as to why girls soccer draws more people to this forum for discussion?
    Girls' soccer parents are crazy (raises hand).

Comment

Everyone already knows boys soccer is a lost cause in this country and are worried that girls soccer is heading in the same direction.

Comment

Boys side is more mature on the a couple of fronts. Cost, development strengths, support with scholarships, defined level of competition, etc.

Girls soccer still has that battle of cash grab and coin toss on which league will provide a better pathway to college and US national teams. With two premier leagues and less free money for the girls compared to the boys, clubs are basically fighting to be the premier clubs to retain future profits. Once the landscape gets defined it will mature and be closer to the boys side. But still crazy because my little Suzy is the next Alex Morgan.

Comment

It's more known now then ever that ECNL is a cash grab for what you get in return. DA has put a monkey wrench into that whole old cash cow systems. Potential change in in power control and cash are always going to cause a battle. Fighting for future control of star players which helps keep the future money.

Hopefully the professional women clubs can be more successful financially and start offering more scholarships to DA players similar to the boys side.

Comment

Boys side is more mature on the a couple of fronts. Cost, development strengths, support with scholarships, defined level of competition, etc.

Girls soccer still has that battle of cash grab and coin toss on which league will provide a better pathway to college and US national teams. With two premier leagues and less free money for the girls compared to the boys, clubs are basically fighting to be the premier clubs to retain future profits. Once the landscape gets defined it will mature and be closer to the boys side. But still crazy because my little Suzy is the next Alex Morgan.
            OMG, I'm agreeing with someone on this forum. The better boys are sponsored by the MLS teams, so parents can't complain for very long, or their son is tossed for the next kid who has promise. We are paying full price for our girls, so that gives me carte blanc to blast everyone I want

Comment

OMG, I'm agreeing with someone on this forum. The better boys are sponsored by the MLS teams, so parents can't complain for very long, or their son is tossed for the next kid who has promise. We are paying full price for our girls, so that gives me carte blanc to blast everyone I want
              Rule #1 of this forum:
              - if you feel like you are agreeing with a comment, first make sure it’s not your own comment

Comment

Exactly. have all those funded academy families start to pay full freight and you will see the TS complaints about the boys side sky rocket.

Funny how paying through the nose for something crappy makes people speak up.

Comment

Exactly. have all those funded academy families start to pay full freight and you will see the TS complaints about the boys side sky rocket.

Funny how paying through the nose for something crappy makes people speak up.
                  Exactly - the more people pay the higher their expectations and when those expectations aren’t met people complain. When you are paying ALOT of money for something like ECNL you expect what is promised. At my kids club - not in Jersey. When we got offer letter for the ECNL team it said three times a week practice we get 1.5, It said speed and agility program we get a six week program, It said professional staff of coaches we have one coach and a non professional parent, no staff, we share one turf field with four other teams. In short not getting what we paid for so lots of complaints. I’m sure thats why many complain - Promises are made but not kept.

Comment

Exactly - the more people pay the higher their expectations and when those expectations aren’t met people complain. When you are paying ALOT of money for something like ECNL you expect what is promised. At my kids club - not in Jersey. When we got offer letter for the ECNL team it said three times a week practice we get 1.5, It said speed and agility program we get a six week program, It said professional staff of coaches we have one coach and a non professional parent, no staff, we share one turf field with four other teams. In short not getting what we paid for so lots of complaints. I’m sure thats why many complain - Promises are made but not kept.
                    Not just ECNL. Also the GDA clubs over promise and under deliver, and your kid doesn't get to play as much in games. Same story as STA, CSA and SJEB. Going back to my daughters EDP team where she belongs. She is not a National team level player like I was told. Silly me. They were convincing though

Comment

Not just ECNL. Also the GDA clubs over promise and under deliver, and your kid doesn't get to play as much in games. Same story as STA, CSA and SJEB. Going back to my daughters EDP team where she belongs. She is not a National team level player like I was told. Silly me. They were convincing though
                      Please spell out which coach said your kid was a NT player here. This stuff needs to be exposed. Even better since you were apparently promised it from 3 clubs.

Comment

Please spell out which coach said your kid was a NT player here. This stuff needs to be exposed. Even better since you were apparently promised it from 3 clubs.
                        Landscape on boys side is clear. The best players play in the DA. The best of the best play in the pro clubs. Clear hierarchy. You don’t get that in Girls soccer. There are two competing leagues who continue to pound their own chests, use their own power to push their goals, and ultimately result in a diminished product on the field and a lot of bad feeing between the clubs. Politics and money always going to dictate. Remember how CSA became a DA club on the boys, and this girls side, in the first place. Bought out NJSA.

Comment

If your kid was truly a NT level player, you'd already know it. It would be evident every time she steps on the pitch to everyone there.

Comment

If your kid was truly a NT level player, you'd already know it. It would be evident every time she steps on the pitch to everyone there.
                            OK Brit Coach ....... ‘pitch’

Comment

Well apparently these knowledgeable high level youth coaches are struggling to properly evaluate talent. What a scam. They have no business putting some of the kids that show up on these so called high level teams.

Or should I say that is the business. Selling a load of crap to kids and families for top dollar.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X