Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wrong again, BTNT. I have a deep respect for D1 athletes, especially in the top 3rd to top 50 of D1. Your bitterness and resentment have overtaken you. Get some help so you can better enjoy the time you lave left.
    If 99% of our kids where smarter and or better soccer players they would have better college options. That seems pretty straight forward. Like a lot of these discussions there always seems to be a need to blur the lines. Sorry but Gettysburg and Messiah are just not on the same level as Haverford, Middlebury or Carnegie Mellon, and those are not on the same level as a Swathmore, Harvey Mudd or Johns Hopkins, and those schools just are not on the same level with MIT, Harvard or Stanford.

Comment

If 99% of our kids where smarter and or better soccer players they would have better college options. That seems pretty straight forward. Like a lot of these discussions there always seems to be a need to blur the lines. Sorry but Gettysburg and Messiah are just not on the same level as Haverford, Middlebury or Carnegie Mellon, and those are not on the same level as a Swathmore, Harvey Mudd or Johns Hopkins, and those schools just are not on the same level with MIT, Harvard or Stanford.
      You literally don't have a clue. Swat, Haverford, Hopkins, Wash U, Carnegie Mellon, Chicago, Midd, Bowdoin, Pomona, Carleton, Grinnell, W&L, Davidson (a D1), etc provide educations and opportunities on par with any schools in the country.

Comment

You literally don't have a clue. Swat, Haverford, Hopkins, Wash U, Carnegie Mellon, Chicago, Midd, Bowdoin, Pomona, Carleton, Grinnell, W&L, Davidson (a D1), etc provide educations and opportunities on par with any schools in the country.
        I would add in some local D3 schools as well. Wellesley and Babson for example, the soccer isn't great but the education is top notch

Comment

Honestly, what is truly sad is posters like you come on here day and in day out to trivialize d1 scholarship athletes with statements like Butthole U, unemployable and a myriad of other insults in an attempt to say that their kids where smarter and made better choices than all of the families that successfully navigated the scholarship hunt and then turn around and cry like little babies when they hear return insults like not being smart enough or good enough soccer players. Life is tough, wear a helmet.
          Fake news. Mostly just trash talking back at you when you do your usual D3 denigration.

The Pman is not one to knock D1 players.

Comment

I would add in some local D3 schools as well. Wellesley and Babson for example, the soccer isn't great but the education is top notch
            Add Williams, Amherst & Wesleyan too. Plenty more great academic schools.

Comment

Add Williams, Amherst & Wesleyan too. Plenty more great academic schools.
              What are you going to just list all of the D3 schools? Sorry but while they definitely are fine schools, Williams, Amherst & Wesleyan are most definitely not on the same tier as Harvard, Yale & Stanford. The only D3 school that is on the top tier is MIT.

Comment

Dude, my kid has Davidson in her top 5 and I promise you-it is nowhere near Chicago, Hopkins or Carnegie Mellon. If it was, it wouldn't be on her list, lol. There are a couple others that are suspect as well, but Idk enough act them to comment, but Davidson-I know!

Comment

Dude, my kid has Davidson in her top 5 and I promise you-it is nowhere near Chicago, Hopkins or Carnegie Mellon. If it was, it wouldn't be on her list, lol. There are a couple others that are suspect as well, but Idk enough act them to comment, but Davidson-I know!
                  Then you are clueless about Davidson, I'm afraid, the"Williams of the South.". It's different insofar as it is a LAC and the ones you listed are universities, but it is on par with all of those and I'm most rankings would be ahead of CMU. Davidson has been in the 7-12 range for LACs for decades...the top LAC in the South along with W&L. Only Duke and Vandy are peers in the South.

Comment

What are you going to just list all of the D3 schools? Sorry but while they definitely are fine schools, Williams, Amherst & Wesleyan are most definitely not on the same tier as Harvard, Yale & Stanford. The only D3 school that is on the top tier is MIT.
                    You can nitpick all day. The truth is that you often will find all of the schools named in your post on the short list of many of the smartest kids in the country. The valedictorian of our school a few years ago got in Harvard and waitlisted at Wesleyan.

Comment

Davidson has an admit rate of 18% and a very high yield of almost 50%. If your kid can get money to go there jump on it.

https://www.davidson.edu/about/fast-facts

Comment

You can nitpick all day. The truth is that you often will find all of the schools named in your post on the short list of many of the smartest kids in the country. The valedictorian of our school a few years ago got in Harvard and waitlisted at Wesleyan.
                        Spot on. I’m more interested in hearing about people’s opinions about school outside and he T100. Most of these threads tend to pivot back to arguments between top D1 and D3. Truthfully, College Confidential is much better community to learn about schools. But I would like to hear more about a student-athletes overall experience at schools vs debating the academic rankings of them.

Comment

Notice the overlaps listed for many, including Davidson.

https://www.newsweek.com/americas-25...e-ivies-108771

Comment

Then you are clueless about Davidson, I'm afraid, the"Williams of the South.". It's different insofar as it is a LAC and the ones you listed are universities, but it is on par with all of those and I'm most rankings would be ahead of CMU. Davidson has been in the 7-12 range for LACs for decades...the top LAC in the South along with W&L. Only Duke and Vandy are peers in the South.
                            Vandy is in her top 5 too, don't get me wrong I know they're great schools-just not on the same level as some of those other schools...regardless of what a 14 year old Newsweek article says, lol.

Comment

Vandy is in her top 5 too, don't get me wrong I know they're great schools-just not on the same level as some of those other schools...regardless of what a 14 year old Newsweek article says, lol.
                              I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest I know a bit more about colleges and their standing than you may. And I can assure you I know quite a bit about Davidson. Are you also suggesting Vandy isn't on par with Carnegie Mellon either? Regardless, if those schools are in her top 5 she's in very good shape (assuming there is some reciprocal interest).

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest I know a bit more about colleges and their standing than you may. And I can assure you I know quite a bit about Davidson. Are you also suggesting Vandy isn't on par with Carnegie Mellon either? Regardless, if those schools are in her top 5 she's in very good shape (assuming there is some reciprocal interest).
                                I will definitely concede CM, but Hopkins & Chicago? There is definitely reciprocal interest, but nobody can talk #s until June. My kid could get into the schools w/o soccer, but she'd definitely be on the cusp-based on PSAT (2004-hasn't taken SAT yet). They are a little higher academically than we had originally expected her to be interested in, so I don't think there will be a significant amount of merit aid involved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X