Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally happened - Stars spread too thin

I have always defended stars and the coaches but I think it’s finally gotten out of control. There are kids on my daughters ecnl team who simply should not be there but because there are two teams what’re you gonna do? Gotta fill the rosters. From what I’ve seen there are enough girls for basically 1.5 ecnl teams so the .5 gets screwed. Sure they get all the same opportunities but they are playing with kids who can’t hack it. This leads to abusive coaching (of course it shouldn’t let’s not get swamped with that) and kids who are starting to hate soccer.

Maybe if they had real tryouts it would be different.
    Putting kids on the team cuz the coach ‘scouted’ them in some other environment doesn’t really cut it. At least that’s what happened on our team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Maybe if they had real tryouts it would be different.
      Putting kids on the team cuz the coach ‘scouted’ them in some other environment doesn’t really cut it. At least that’s what happened on our team.
      They are given a spot because that's how you steal players.

Comment

They are given a spot because that's how you steal players.
        Sounds like they aren’t players worth stealing

Comment

Our team had real tryouts. Kids were dropped. Only mine and two others had contracts heading into tryouts. That’s pretty real for a team of 20 with all
          But one returning to the club.

Comment

I have always defended stars and the coaches but I think it’s finally gotten out of control. There are kids on my daughters ecnl team who simply should not be there but because there are two teams what’re you gonna do? Gotta fill the rosters. From what I’ve seen there are enough girls for basically 1.5 ecnl teams so the .5 gets screwed. Sure they get all the same opportunities but they are playing with kids who can’t hack it. This leads to abusive coaching (of course it shouldn’t let’s not get swamped with that) and kids who are starting to hate soccer.
            Maybe it’s your girl that can’t hack it ?

Comment

No, abusive coaches lead to abusive coaching. If kids are unhappy because their teams aren't winning then they should re-assess why they are playing at all. They just as easily could wind up on a losing college team.

Comment

Wait a moment!! Isn't this was the Stars Girls program. I thought that they were 100s of players deep with superior talent over any other club. OK, maybe not 100's but I thought they were. The 2019 commitment list has 48 girls playing soccer in college. The 2020/2021 has already 23 listed and still increasing....or not? But 23 playing soccer in college is easily enough to field two teams even with some of the lesser goddesses playing.

Are you saying that the club is going down-hill? Is that why the teams are weaker? Is this why the coaches are becoming, as you say, abusive?

Comment

Oh...wait...your child must be on the white team and not the blue team.

Comment

Maybe it’s your girl that can’t hack it ?
                    She is a starter and played every minute of every game last season. It’s the environment not my daughters ability.

Comment

She is a starter and played every minute of every game last season. It’s the environment not my daughters ability.
                      So you blame her teammates? Classy.

Comment

Stars have players choice so you can change teams if you don’t like the coach next season. And if it’s the coach we all think it is you got what you deserve. Everyone kowns his reputation.

Comment

ECNL season hasn't even started for U15+, which is when it matters, but the Stars demise is already a done deal? Ok.

Comment

So you blame her teammates? Classy.
                            Clearly she thinks she's better than her teammates, or dad does. Even if she were, he should use it as a learning opportunity - if she's a top player then become a leader not a whiner. Learn the lesson that things won't always go your way. How you deal with that matters way more than game results

Comment

Are you joking? Surs, it must be the “ environment”. Your kid is superior. Ok. Ummm, There are 11 starters on every team. What’s your point?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X