Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CU and FC beat most of those Seattle ECNL teams last year both times they played.
    Since they stick their 'B' teams in US Club, no surprise or achievement is noted. Seattle' best girls have been in the DA the last 3 years.

Comment

I think you are exaggerating. There are about 4-5 clubs in WA (SU, Crossfire Premier, PacNW, WPFC, and sometimes Eastside FC) that have a history of fielding teams better than most Oregon teams, but the gap wasn't such that top Oregon teams are routinely crushed.

Of course, with the top WA clubs in BECNL, Oregon teams should do well this weekend in NWNL.
      5 Wash ECNL teams, 1 Wash GDA and even Wash BECNL now too. NWNL will be a breeze for Oregon OYSA teams this year.

Comment

CU and FC beat most of those Seattle ECNL teams last year both times they played.
        I was talking boys, not girls (there is no "CU" boys team; and FC did poorly in girls ECNL last year at most age groups).

In summer 2018, FC did win the silver bracket at Crossfire Challenge. They didn't go this year. ADF and OPFC both did, and got whacked by the top Seattle clubs.

WPFC and SU will have teams at NWNL, but I suspect these are B teams. No reason for BECNL clubs to do NWNL--technically nothing prevents them, but in order to advance to USYS regionals, teams have to at least play in State Cup (even if they win NWNL and get the automatic bid, they still have to show up in the USYSA state tournament to play in the regional tournament).

Given that the WA BECNL is mainly the same eight teams playing each other, not sure what the advantage is for these teams vs RCL, other than perhaps raising a middle finger at some unpopular soccer bureaucrat. As I don't know WA soccer politics well, I won't comment further.

Comment

Since they stick their 'B' teams in US Club, no surprise or achievement is noted. Seattle' best girls have been in the DA the last 3 years.
          Well.. Crossfire Premier dumped the DA and Seattle Reign has no feeders so their DA is like the Thorns who fill rosters with leftovers.

Comment

Well.. Crossfire Premier dumped the DA and Seattle Reign has no feeders so their DA is like the Thorns who fill rosters with leftovers.
            Sorry Oregon club girls have always been considered leftovers compared to Wa. Our state can't measure up sadly. We are the dump site.

Comment

Sorry Oregon club girls have always been considered leftovers compared to Wa. Our state can't measure up sadly. We are the dump site.
              Awww.... you’re one of those “if I’m bad so is everyone else” kind of person.

Unfortunately for you, loser, Oregon has some good teams these days. We finally have a club consolidating most of the talent and competing successfully outside Oregon.

Comment

Normally this is true but this year will be different on the girls side. With 5 ECNL teams and one GDA team, the WA teams left over in this showcase/national league are lower B teams. OYSA(which includes Wash Timbers) teams will sweep the competition this year. Looking forward to OYSA domination for a change.

Comment

I was talking boys, not girls (there is no "CU" boys team; and FC did poorly in girls ECNL last year at most age groups).

In summer 2018, FC did win the silver bracket at Crossfire Challenge. They didn't go this year. ADF and OPFC both did, and got whacked by the top Seattle clubs.

WPFC and SU will have teams at NWNL, but I suspect these are B teams. No reason for BECNL clubs to do NWNL--technically nothing prevents them, but in order to advance to USYS regionals, teams have to at least play in State Cup (even if they win NWNL and get the automatic bid, they still have to show up in the USYSA state tournament to play in the regional tournament).

Given that the WA BECNL is mainly the same eight teams playing each other, not sure what the advantage is for these teams vs RCL, other than perhaps raising a middle finger at some unpopular soccer bureaucrat. As I don't know WA soccer politics well, I won't comment further.
                  BECNL is just another avenue to get to college. There are many. I wish my sons team was in the Washington BECNL. It’s a very strong league and considered one of the toughest in the country. If you look at the Las showcase you’ll see the Washington teams all finished in the top 10 out of 50 teams. This includes quality teams from So. Cal that would slap our Oregon teams.

Comment

big fish little pond

BECNL is just another avenue to get to college. There are many. I wish my sons team was in the Washington BECNL. It’s a very strong league and considered one of the toughest in the country. If you look at the Las showcase you’ll see the Washington teams all finished in the top 10 out of 50 teams. This includes quality teams from So. Cal that would slap our Oregon teams.
                    The reason why the NW BENCL did so well is because the rest of the BECNL is terrible

Comment

Showcase was very good this past weekend. Great job to whoever set it up

Comment

Awww.... you’re one of those “if I’m bad so is everyone else” kind of person.

Unfortunately for you, loser, Oregon has some good teams these days. We finally have a club consolidating most of the talent and competing successfully outside Oregon.
                        There is no one club consolidating “all of the talent” unless you are referring to DA programs. Successfully competing outside of Oregon in what league? Travel teams are ultimately expensive and meaningless unless you are the coach getting free trips to Europe off the sucker parents.

Comment

There is no one club consolidating “all of the talent” unless you are referring to DA programs. Successfully competing outside of Oregon in what league? Travel teams are ultimately expensive and meaningless unless you are the coach getting free trips to Europe off the sucker parents.
                          It’s like a game.... see if you can make a post about the DA being good and not smile or LOL.

Comment

Showcase was very good this past weekend. Great job to whoever set it up
                            Games were good, competition level was appropriate, lots of college coaches at every venue. My only complaint was officiating. We had two games with only two officials which is unacceptable at this level. They tried to do a good job but missed calls for both teams including fouls, offside, handballs and even throw ins. That stuff happens in every game and I am not a parent who freaks out and criticizes referees, but not having the appropriate number of officials makes it harder on the refs who are there and degrades the quality of the game.

I know there are referee shortages but this was the only tournament in Oregon/Washington this weekend as far as I know, so they should have been able to get an appropriate number of officials.

Comment

I'm sure the original poster is talking about CU in the context of girls.

And while CU has built a good program, the notion that "all the talent" has been consolidated there is a ridiculous claim. That would imply, essentially, that the player at the end of CU's bench is still better than the star everywhere else, and that stars players at e.g. WashT or FC or Bridges or Eastside or TS (or even Thorns) all dream about some day being good enough to warm the bench at CU.

Comment

Games were good, competition level was appropriate, lots of college coaches at every venue. My only complaint was officiating. We had two games with only two officials which is unacceptable at this level. They tried to do a good job but missed calls for both teams including fouls, offside, handballs and even throw ins. That stuff happens in every game and I am not a parent who freaks out and criticizes referees, but not having the appropriate number of officials makes it harder on the refs who are there and degrades the quality of the game.

I know there are referee shortages but this was the only tournament in Oregon/Washington this weekend as far as I know, so they should have been able to get an appropriate number of officials.
                                You would be wrong; the USYSA NW National League also was being played this weekend in town.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X