Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Okay, so what club has hired SC to coach. Is there a reason no one will say where he is going to coach/train going forward?
    He has his own club. Most of the girls in multiple age groups left with him already.

Comment

A definition of Emotional Abuse, as it relates to the coach / player relationship. How many of you SC advocates can actually say that he doesn’t exhibit many of these tendencies on a regular basis?

“ Emotional abuse involves deliberate, prolonged, repeated non-contact behaviours that occur in unbalanced relationships of power such as between a coach and athlete. Researchers suggest emotional abuse by coaches can include belittling, humiliating, shouting, scapegoating, rejecting, isolating, threatening and ignoring.”

Is it possible (or probable) that the “weakest” players (as you say) were more of a target for this kind of a behavior, and that their experience playing under him was different than say, the strongest players on the team? Is it possible that their performance could have been affected negatively by their treatment?
      O stop with the righteous parent BS. If it was that bad you wouldn’t of had your kid play for him or let practice 4 times a week. You would of stop immediately and put her on another team. That’s on you! As for the weakest player I had my daughter cycle through to college with SC. He doesn’t play favorites. Best players play. Definitely needs to work on his sideline BS. It’s on him for that after all these years. Never had a problem with his sessions.

Comment

Okay, so what club has hired SC to coach. Is there a reason no one will say where he is going to coach/train going forward?
        He started his own club, called Dynamite Academy. Coincidentally, the initials and logo read “DA.” Get it?

All kidding aside though, it was probably the best move for him. He won’t have to conform to anyone else’s way of doing things. He has no one to answer to. He can do as he pleases. With that autonomy though, comes the fact that if things don’t work out, he and his followers have no one else to blame.

But there are obviously a lot of parents and players who love and support the the guy. This is a perfect setup for them.

I am curious though what the sell is for high school-ages players. What leagues / showcases they’ll be playing in, and in those showcases, where they’ll be bracketed. Will college coaches be drawn to their games? Only time with well I guess.

Comment

All this should really be talked about in the Dynamite thread.

Comment

STA knew exactly what they were getting when they took him and his teams on. Other people warned them. They chose to subject their players to his nonsense. The only people here to blame are TV and JN. A leopard can’t change his spots and SC has a lot of spots, and they knew that when they took him and his players checks. Player development is not important at STA. Money is
            Spot on says it all.

Comment

STA knew exactly what they were getting when they took him and his teams on. Other people warned them. They chose to subject their players to his nonsense. The only people here to blame are TV and JN. A leopard can’t change his spots and SC has a lot of spots, and they knew that when they took him and his players checks. Player development is not important at STA. Money is
              All you need to know about STA. I expected more from Tim but he sold his soul to the GDA and now will have to live with a tarnished rep.

Comment

All you need to know about STA. I expected more from Tim but he sold his soul to the GDA and now will have to live with a tarnished rep.
                Lmao chill out. It’s youth soccer. You sound extremely troubled soul yourself getting so worked up about youth soccer. Go enjoy the nice weather and breath .

Comment

A little dramatic are we? “Sold his Soul”? What are you talking about questioning his good intentions by making that statement? GDA was part of US Soccer that is who he believed in as did many other clubs including PDA, PF & WCFC. Those other clubs were fortunate to be able to go back to ECNL so don’t make a statement thinking he had any bad intentions. GDA was a good concept that led the best players to leave ECNL and play there until US Soccer screwed it up. STA was trying to better the club instead of staying stagnant in lower leagues. Both STA & SJEB have tried to improve there competitiveness and competition in a very tough market.

Comment

A little dramatic are we? “Sold his Soul”? What are you talking about questioning his good intentions by making that statement? GDA was part of US Soccer that is who he believed in as did many other clubs including PDA, PF & WCFC. Those other clubs were fortunate to be able to go back to ECNL so don’t make a statement thinking he had any bad intentions. GDA was a good concept that led the best players to leave ECNL and play there until US Soccer screwed it up. STA was trying to better the club instead of staying stagnant in lower leagues. Both STA & SJEB have tried to improve there competitiveness and competition in a very tough market.
                    Don't think OP was referring to GDA...STA knew they didn't have the talent to compete in GDA so they got into bed with a guy whose questionable behavior was well known up and down the East Coast, because they knew he could provide the players. As predicted the SC faithful followed him to STA and when some of the annual check writers got upset with SC's behavior, they cut him loose.

Now I'm no fan of SC and his sideline behavior has made me cringe most times and question the sanity of the parents of his players as they chuckled as he screamed and humiliated their own kids. BUT, to think STA wasn't aware of this, is flat out demented. Did they think he would change? Doubt it, the guy has been the same for at least the last 5 years (that's when I first got to witness him in action)! The point is, they didn't care, getting his players was paramount. So here you all are. No one wins, especially the kids-both SC's players & STA's.

Comment

Don't think OP was referring to GDA...STA knew they didn't have the talent to compete in GDA so they got into bed with a guy whose questionable behavior was well known up and down the East Coast, because they knew he could provide the players. As predicted the SC faithful followed him to STA and when some of the annual check writers got upset with SC's behavior, they cut him loose.

Now I'm no fan of SC and his sideline behavior has made me cringe most times and question the sanity of the parents of his players as they chuckled as he screamed and humiliated their own kids. BUT, to think STA wasn't aware of this, is flat out demented. Did they think he would change? Doubt it, the guy has been the same for at least the last 5 years (that's when I first got to witness him in action)! The point is, they didn't care, getting his players was paramount. So here you all are. No one wins, especially the kids-both SC's players & STA's.
                      Definitely a lose lose here and STA leadership was to blame for bringing in SC. The fallout will cost them for years to come as lots of quality players are already gone as a result.

Comment

Don’t agree with the sold his soul thing but it’s know now the guy is a snake with a smile. Motives behind his moves but backfired. Karma.

Comment

I was told some of the less talented kids that got less playing time jumped on the “abusive” train and after SC was fired they somehow became starters and received a much higher % of playing time. Very fishy. Not surprised all those kids left to stay SC.
                          Bench players became starters after SC was fired. True.

Comment

The fact that TV was allowed to openly poach players who were invited to training centers, and lie to them and say the only way they could be invited back to training centers was to play in GDA makes me think that he is truly a slimy, disingenuous dirt bag. But that is just the opinion of a parent of a player moving on to PDA

Comment

The fact that TV was allowed to openly poach players who were invited to training centers, and lie to them and say the only way they could be invited back to training centers was to play in GDA makes me think that he is truly a slimy, disingenuous dirt bag. But that is just the opinion of a parent of a player moving on to PDA
                              How many non-GDA players made the U16 YNT trip to England earlier this year? What % were invited to the camp prior?

Were any?

Comment

Great move to get out of dodge, won’t be much left behind. This GAL League will be the equivalent of EDP 2div soon when it comes to quality.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X