Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So win at all costs, regardless of the consequences.

Who in the college soccer world is carrying 45 players on a roster? You are asking for trouble, and MM found it. Valentine is a fool for letting this happen. If I had a kid looking at schools for soccer I would surely cross SHU off the list.
    Can't fault a coach for honoring a former coach's commitments...but let's be honest, there are some real doozies on the roster! A good amount of those players wouldn't even be able to sniff another D1 program.

Comment

Unless you’re: 1) a SHU coach; 2) an opposing coach; or 3) a SHU player/parent, you have no idea about the talent on the roster, save for perhaps a shred of dated data from once upon a time. So, which are you?

Comment

BTW, that wasn't me. Trust me, youre not that important. Go back to repairing your relationship with your daughter.
        She loves me, she loves me not. She loves me, she loves me not. That is the question?

You probably thought I meant my daughter, didn’t you stupid one.
        No, that is for you or the OP or when your not the OP. Did you send the check yet?
        You can just open a window and throw it out next time instead of DRAGGING your daughter to another miserable ID clinic that is only going to force her to quit the sport because of stupid parents like you. Go make an ECNL/GDA team and get seen like the other kids. Stupid parent trying to live through their kid again. Better yet! Become a teams manager and kiss the coaches arse until she comes off the bench.
        I can tell..... You’re a dream of a parent!

-Angry Dad

Comment

Unless you’re: 1) a SHU coach; 2) an opposing coach; or 3) a SHU player/parent, you have no idea about the talent on the roster, save for perhaps a shred of dated data from once upon a time. So, which are you?
          Not the OP, and I’m none of the above (opposing team parent), but I did see them play last spring and thought the team was weak. No idea where the kids were/are from, but they weren’t very strong for a D1 program. Didn’t see them this year so can’t speak to that.

Comment

She loves me, she loves me not. She loves me, she loves me not. That is the question?

You probably thought I meant my daughter, didn’t you stupid one.
            No, that is for you or the OP or when your not the OP. Did you send the check yet?
            You can just open a window and throw it out next time instead of DRAGGING your daughter to another miserable ID clinic that is only going to force her to quit the sport because of stupid parents like you. Go make an ECNL/GDA team and get seen like the other kids. Stupid parent trying to live through their kid again. Better yet! Become a teams manager and kiss the coaches arse until she comes off the bench.
            I can tell..... You’re a dream of a parent!

-Angry Dad
            does it eat at you that your daughter celebrates mother's day but forgets to get you a card for father's day?

Comment

does it eat at you that your daughter celebrates mother's day but forgets to get you a card for father's day?
              Everyday. :( boo hoo.. boo hoo.. bah hoo.. bah hoh... bah hah hah hah hah.

The BIG difference is we will have a parents soccer weekend in college. You, still taking a bench kid that was forced to go to ID clinics with the hope Mommy and Daddy aren’t fighting over the lack of failure in so so so many ways. Oh, plus you still wasted all that $$$.

Should’ve just found a nice %100 charity to donate to and call it a day... over and over.

On the bright side ! FSA and CFC have college clinics coming up... Just sign some more checks, SP (stupid parent), in case you couldn’t figure out your name.

Comment

Not the OP, and I’m none of the above (opposing team parent), but I did see them play last spring and thought the team was weak. No idea where the kids were/are from, but they weren’t very strong for a D1 program. Didn’t see them this year so can’t speak to that.
                Very different team than the one you saw last spring. Incoming freshman class played the majority of minutes in the fall and they finished third in conference. Program is definitely on the upswing.

Comment

Everyday. :( boo hoo.. boo hoo.. bah hoo.. bah hoh... bah hah hah hah hah.

The BIG difference is we will have a parents soccer weekend in college. You, still taking a bench kid that was forced to go to ID clinics with the hope Mommy and Daddy aren’t fighting over the lack of failure in so so so many ways. Oh, plus you still wasted all that $$$.

Should’ve just found a nice %100 charity to donate to and call it a day... over and over.

On the bright side ! FSA and CFC have college clinics coming up... Just sign some more checks, SP (stupid parent), in case you couldn’t figure out your name.
                  Will you try to rekindle your relationship with your daughter? I’m sure she’s told all her roommates how much of a dyck you are. I’m sure she went away for college to escape the angry dad household. God bless her.

Comment

Will you try to rekindle your relationship with your daughter? I’m sure she’s told all her roommates how much of a dyck you are. I’m sure she went away for college to escape the angry dad household. God bless her.
                    Different poster - He is right about you being foolish with the camps. Take it for what it’s worth

Comment

Different poster - He is right about you being foolish with the camps. Take it for what it’s worth
                      Different poster as well and I respectfully disagree (as opposed to disrespectfully). Clinics are money well spent IF you have narrowed your school list down to 5-6 AND you have a club coach to call ahead to help get you into the right group at the clinic. If your kid goes in cold, she will need to be one of the best players there to get noticed.

Comment

Different poster as well and I respectfully disagree (as opposed to disrespectfully). Clinics are money well spent IF you have narrowed your school list down to 5-6 AND you have a club coach to call ahead to help get you into the right group at the clinic. If your kid goes in cold, she will need to be one of the best players there to get noticed.
                        Different poster, agree, which is what he said earlier about people that he knows.

Comment

I’m op. My daughter has never done camps. She’s plays for a club with exposure and luckily she gets looks. Point was that you can make blanket statements. It’s a sign of ignorance. While for the majority of kids that do camps, it’s useless, there is some utility in camps if he/she plays well because I’ve seen it. These kids don’t have exposure like my kids team does. Take it for whatever it’s worth. Blanket statements are for ignorant people.

Comment

Save your money. My daughter did more school ID clinics than I can count. She's playing D1 soccer and those camps were useless to getting to the next level. She got her offers based on coaches coming to ECNL games and top showcase tournaments.

Comment

Save your money. My daughter did more school ID clinics than I can count. She's playing D1 soccer and those camps were useless to getting to the next level. She got her offers based on coaches coming to ECNL games and top showcase tournaments.
                              Do you think that maybe they came to her games after seeing her in one of their clinics? They rarely randomly show up at games.

Comment

The thing that you need to look at is that the SHU team must all be happy or they would be transferring and/or quitting which they aren’t. The team did very well making the conference tournament finishing 4th in the league. They have a very good 2020 class coming in and I’m sure a bunch came from those ID clinics. Smaller schools need to find players from their clinics.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X