Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't agree because exceptions only breed more rule breaking. Why do some get exceptions and not others? How can you tell one group of kids you have to give up HS but another group doesn't have to? You can't. The resentment already out there from the private school waiver policy is bad enough. It also kills credibility when an organization is wishy-washy. Pick a policy, whatever it is, and stick to it.
    ODP needs a policy of having no current DA players.

Comment

Half our DA team plays ODP whats the big deal. More games coach encouraged it actually.
      Liar point blank

Comment

ODP needs a policy of having no current DA players.
        It bears repeating

Why? The rules aren't ODP's rules but DA's. Same with HS coaches taking DA players. It's up to DA clubs and USSF to police its policies. Let me guess, you think your kid wasn't offered a spot because of them?

Comment

I don't agree because exceptions only breed more rule breaking. Why do some get exceptions and not others? How can you tell one group of kids you have to give up HS but another group doesn't have to? You can't. The resentment already out there from the private school waiver policy is bad enough. It also kills credibility when an organization is wishy-washy. Pick a policy, whatever it is, and stick to it.
          On our team, some want to do ODP. Most do not and no one cares one way or the other. Most are too busy navigating their own busy lives without spending time and energy worrying about a kid playing of not playing ODP.

Comment

Your naming MLS clubs, there not good i agree! Get off the name brand stuff. RSL AZ is an affiliate. U-12 to u-14 these clubs will dispose of what you think is the best in florida. I woulld also toss De anza force in there for good measure. But what i am talking about is training not any club here is even close to the level, these clubs prepare kids for the next level

You named the mention club. It is hard to believe they train the academy team well while the professional team looks like crap. I really would like to know where you coach or which club your child plays for. I have meet plenty of parents that claim to be development experts. Once you see their kid play, they look just like any other kid.

Comment

It bears repeating
              It speaks to the integrity of the player and parent who know right from wrong. What college coach wants a player who does what he wants and is not loyal to the team and rules?

Comment

It speaks to the integrity of the player and parent who know right from wrong. What college coach wants a player who does what he wants and is not loyal to the team and rules?
                I totally agree, but as was said ODP has no obligation to enforce DA's rules. DA should be enforcing their own rules, or the clubs are their proxies. Same for players breaking the no HS rule. As for the parents teaching their kids it's ok to break rules, nice parenting lessons there.

Besides, very little recruiting comes from ODP any longer. That's why this is so dumb - why risk expulsion from DA for ODP? Isn't worth it.

Comment

I totally agree, but as was said ODP has no obligation to enforce DA's rules. DA should be enforcing their own rules, or the clubs are their proxies. Same for players breaking the no HS rule. As for the parents teaching their kids it's ok to break rules, nice parenting lessons there.

Besides, very little recruiting comes from ODP any longer. That's why this is so dumb - why risk expulsion from DA for ODP? Isn't worth it.
                  College coaches will ask why and how are you playing DA, ODP and or high school and they will need a fine answer.

Comment

College coaches will ask why and how are you playing DA, ODP and or high school and they will need a fine answer.
                    BS! College coaches don't care where they played. Only if they are good enough to help their college program.

-current college coach

Comment

BS! College coaches don't care where they played. Only if they are good enough to help their college program.

-current college coach
                      Have to agree, most won't even think about it let alone ask about it. That's also why HS coaches don't care - they want you because they think you will help them win. DA rules don't mean a thing to them.

Comment

this odd playing DA AND HS is a florida thing. ask around anywhere else and it DOES NOT HAPPEN.. just another Florida shim scam

Comment

this Is about kids development not old rules that DA doesn’t even adhere to. Anyway It’s really up to the da coaches and da club if they will allow your child to play odp as well.

Not sure what the problem is....the US scouts at the Odp events are same scouts that are deciding if your child should be invited to regional market training. Playing odp and Da club soccer has never kept my child from getting that market training invite either.

My belief is that odp offers another avenue to be coached, trained, and to be seen. Sorry if it keeps your kid from a spot at odp state, regional or national team.

Comment

http://www.ussoccerda.com/doclib/201...EGULATIONS.pdf

2. DA Clubs may not permit any full-time Academy Player to participate on a non-DA team
                            during the Academy Season. The only permissible soccer related reasons to miss
                            Development Academy activities is National Team duty and YNT Identification Center
                            participation

followed by a several points regarding waivers for private school kids.
                            From a different state but the gda rules aren’t enforced here for no high school play. Player on gda full time roster also played public high school soccer with no issue. Other gda rules are also not enforced. I don’t think anyone cares. I think the public high school players should get to play too. It’s not fair that only the private school players get to do both.

Comment

this Is about kids development not old rules that DA doesn’t even adhere to. Anyway It’s really up to the da coaches and da club if they will allow your child to play odp as well.

Not sure what the problem is....the US scouts at the Odp events are same scouts that are deciding if your child should be invited to regional market training. Playing odp and Da club soccer has never kept my child from getting that market training invite either.

My belief is that odp offers another avenue to be coached, trained, and to be seen. Sorry if it keeps your kid from a spot at odp state, regional or national team.
                              The US Soccer scouts know the rules and would frown upon a DA player breaking the US Soccer DA rules to be at an ODP event.

Comment

From a different state but the gda rules aren’t enforced here for no high school play. Player on gda full time roster also played public high school soccer with no issue. Other gda rules are also not enforced. I don’t think anyone cares. I think the public high school players should get to play too. It’s not fair that only the private school players get to do both.
                                Let's just do away with DA rules and DA completely and go back to how things were and everybody is free to play high school soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X