New York Soccer Club Announces Construction of Outdoor and Indoor Home Facility

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York Soccer Club Announces Construction of Outdoor and Indoor Home Facility

New York Soccer Club Announces Construction of Outdoor and Indoor Home Facility in Westchester, NY at Manhattanville College

October 27, 2017

New York Soccer Club ("NYSC") today announced the construction of its home facility ("Ophir Field") in central Westchester, NY, in partnership with Manhattanville College. The facility has received full town planning board approval, is fully financed, and construction completion is targeted for early 2018. The partnership encompasses two professional outdoor turf fields and a seasonal 90,000 sq. ft. winter indoor enclosure including large turf training spaces, fitness training areas and multiple professional futsal courts. This significant investment, and long term partnership with Manhattanville College, creates the premier soccer training and match facility in the region. The facility enables NYSC to have a true home for matches and club activities, and allows for consistent training schedules.

The New York Soccer Club facility, at Manhattanville College, is conveniently located at the nexus of I287, I684, I95, and the Hutchinson River Parkway, and is 2 miles from Connecticut.

For more information on NYSC and its teams and programs please go to www.newyorksoccerclub.org.

The indoor facility will be located on Ophir Field at Manhattanville College and will be a seasonal enclosure. The NYSC facility and Ophir Field are being developed by Ophir Field LLC, a facility development entity, in partnership with NYSC and Manhattanville College.

About New York Soccer Club:
    NYSC (www.newyorksoccerclub.org) has over 1,000 members and is the only boys and girls USSDA member in the greater Westchester market. NYSC is the Major League Soccer ("MLS") professional affiliate of NYCFC on the boys side and is the National Woman's Soccer League ("NWSL") professional affiliate of Sky Blue FC on the girls side.

About Manhattanville College:
    Manhattanville College (www.mville.edu) is an independent, co-educational liberal arts institution dedicated to academic excellence and social and civic action. Manhattanville prepares students to be ethical and socially responsible leaders in a global community. Located just 30 minutes from New York City, Manhattanville serves 1,800 undergraduate students and over 1,000 graduate students from more than 50 countries and 40 states. Founded in 1841, the College offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate areas of study in the arts and sciences, education, business, creative writing, as well as continuing and executive education programs.

Ophir Field

https://ophirfield.com/

Comment

so basically a bubble over the fields they already use.

Comment

It appears to be at least one new field. Right now only one turf field exists. This mentions two. So perhaps a new field with a bubble? It would be hard to put a bubble on the current fields with the stands where they are. The fitness center with futsal courts are unlikely to be in the bubble - and indeed are not shown in the mockup for the bubble (which you can find on another site.) There was an architectural mockup done for an earlier potential project for NYCFC at Manhattanville that showed a new soccer field and a fitness center with an indoor field in another area of campus. It appears to have not gone through due to traffic concerns.
        http://nypost.com/2014/04/23/new-yor...anhattanville/
        Perhaps they have repurposed those plans and altered them for NYSC?

Comment

those earlier plans... http://sciarch.com/projects/centre-f...estchester-ny/

Comment

I’d bet full Academy status not far away. Biggest drawback/complaint about NYSC has always been inconsistent/last-minute practice schedules and locations. This should put that to rest.

I’ve heard rumblings that USSDA wants NYSC and FCWA to merge. This might hasten that...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I’d bet full Academy status not far away. Biggest drawback/complaint about NYSC has always been inconsistent/last-minute practice schedules and locations. This should put that to rest.

I’ve heard rumblings that USSDA wants NYSC and FCWA to merge. This might hasten that...
              It will definitely put the pressure on. FCW is faltering and it's location means it's under pressure from all sides. I'm not sure the area can really justify two clubs plus NYCFC in such close proximity. A merger makes a ton of sense and would make for one better club than two mediocre ones

Comment

It will definitely put the pressure on. FCW is faltering and it's location means it's under pressure from all sides. I'm not sure the area can really justify two clubs plus NYCFC in such close proximity. A merger makes a ton of sense and would make for one better club than two mediocre ones
                Purchase and Manhattanville are very close to each other also and the Super club would have access to four full size 4 fields next to each other. DA boys and girls it's a no brainier.

Comment

Why do people say FCW is faltering? I don't see it.

Comment

Since Everton pulled out they're like chickens missing their heads.

Comment

Interesting analogy

Comment

I think Everton is the loser in that divorce.

Comment

I think Everton is the loser in that divorce.
                          Nah. Everton has their niche. They will be fine

As it relates to the partnership, Everton did all the work (coaching, organizing, admin, etc) but didn't get any of the profits.

Comment

Nah. Everton has their niche. They will be fine

As it relates to the partnership, Everton did all the work (coaching, organizing, admin, etc) but didn't get any of the profits.
                            I do agree that FCW has lost its Identity. The Under Armours? NYSC has a stronger brand at this point.

Comment

They dismissed a newly hired Academy coach 1 month into the season and their younger Academy teams are not good.

Between the two clubs, they could be a relatively strong Academy. As it stands, they'd struggle to win in the NPL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X