Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barca Facility in Kings Park

Do you think this is going to happen? News day says it is halted.

https://patch.com/new-york/kingspark...-halted-report

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

It was halted a few weeks ago but sounded like something that was workable. Delays are inevitable with big projects like that.

Comment

The work stopped a while ago. Pretty typical of a project of this magnitude.

Comment

It’s never started.

Comment

You mean it never stopped ! The original article clearly stated that the construction was halted only in the area of the northern slope and that “The order does not prohibit work on other areas of the site.” I live only a few miles from the site and there is construction activity there daily and it has been that way since the day the article was released.

Comment

You mean it never stopped ! The original article clearly stated that the construction was halted only in the area of the northern slope and that “The order does not prohibit work on other areas of the site.” I live only a few miles from the site and there is construction activity there daily and it has been that way since the day the article was released.
            That's good info. They are also working on correcting the northern slope issues as they work on other areas. This only slowed the progress, it did not stop it.

Comment

Ummmm that’s great and all.... but what does this have to do with the Barça location? You do know it’s not the same land right?

Comment

Ummmm that’s great and all.... but what does this have to do with the Barça location? You do know it’s not the same land right?
                People are so smart but not smart enough to see this, smh.

http://i63.tinypic.com/rsraee.png

Comment

Looks like the Project Manager for the SUSA Complex (which compared to the Barca Complex looks rather underwhelming and is located in a pretty iffy location from a crime perspective) is back with his fancy graphics. Does the news that construction hasn't completely halted have you concerned? It has been pointed out previously that the new Barca Complex will be ADJACENT to the brownfield. We do understand what ADJACENT means but thanks for the illustration. It also show residential homes ADJACENT to the brownfield. I think you should notify the folks on Park Wood Ln and Marvin Dr. BarcaNY is just fine and seems to be getting a nice influx of SUSA players.

Please bring back the comics. They were much more enjoyable. SMH.

Comment

People are so smart but not smart enough to see this, smh.

http://i63.tinypic.com/rsraee.png
                    Thank you for the illustration proving that the Brownfield and Barca facility are indeed not on the same parcel of land. Can you do one showing the SUSA site in relation the MS-13 gang territory?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered;21611i51
                      Thank you for the illustration proving that the Brownfield and Barca facility are indeed not on the same parcel of land. Can you do one showing the SUSA site in relation the MS-13 gang territory?
                      Yeah, pick your poison literally and figuratively. I’m guessing with neighbors like that Barça, or whoever is in charge, got a good deal on the land.

Comment

That's your DEFENSE TO THE ABOVE POST. WHAT A TOTAL SCAM SOCCER RIPOFF.

I repeat:

THAT KINGS PARK PROPERTY HAS TOXIC WASTE PROBLEMS....BIG PROBLEMS....ILLEGAL dumping of toxic solid waste. It has been classified as a Brownfield by the UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY That area of Kings Park has always had BIG PROBLEMS with illegal dumping of toxic solid wastes and YOU JUST WANT TO FLIP THE SCRIPT.

So your kid wears the Barca Sheid and plays and trains at that proposed facility. What is the long term health consideration for your child?
                        I have been over there after a heavy rain, and when it is hot and humid there is a disgusting odor. You’ll see!

It’s all good though, I hope the place is real nice. I should be visiting a couple of times a year playing against the Red/Blue/Gold player pool. What do you think, 2-3 visits a year shouldn’t have any lasting effects.

What’s sad is I’m joking about something that is a real issue, smh.

Comment

That's your DEFENSE TO THE ABOVE POST. WHAT A TOTAL SCAM SOCCER RIPOFF.

I repeat:

THAT KINGS PARK PROPERTY HAS TOXIC WASTE PROBLEMS....BIG PROBLEMS....ILLEGAL dumping of toxic solid waste. It has been classified as a Brownfield by the UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY That area of Kings Park has always had BIG PROBLEMS with illegal dumping of toxic solid wastes and YOU JUST WANT TO FLIP THE SCRIPT.

So your kid wears the Barca Sheid and plays and trains at that proposed facility. What is the long term health consideration for your child?
                          I have been over there after a heavy rain, and when it is hot and humid there is a disgusting odor. You’ll see!

It’s all good though, I hope the place is real nice. I should be visiting a couple of times a year playing against the Red/Blue/Gold player pool. What do you think, 2-3 visits a year shouldn’t have any lasting effects.

What’s sad is I’m joking about something that is a real issue, smh.
                          Can you please stop pretending that your concerned about the health of the children, you are only concerned with the health of your business interests. Why don't you ask the people living in the huge residential subdivision that is just as close to the brownfield site as the Barca facility what there health issues are? Why aren't you banging on their doors telling them to move? I mean those hundreds of people have been living there for years 24/7...they must be glowing in the dark by now!

On another note, when we play SUSA at their new facility will you be providing armed guards or should we bring our own?

Comment

Yeah, pick your poison literally and figuratively. I’m guessing with neighbors like that Barça, or whoever is in charge, got a good deal on the land.
                            If it were truly dangerous you wouldn't have the 100 or so homes there in your little circle.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X