U13 Boys 2012-13 Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VSA should get killed in this tourney. I also heard the Crusaders only had 6 players at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      VSA should get killed in this tourney. I also heard the Crusaders only had 6 players at the game.
      seriously, 6 players? This has to be a joke. What maple team shows up with only 6 players.

Comment

This has to be the same person over and over. My son's team has played both of these teams. I hate to break it to you, but they are practically identical. They both play boot ball (or direct, to be less offensive) and both are very athletic. The final shouldn't be a surprise to any objective observer.

Comment

Anyone going to Yardley-Makefield in PA for Columbus Day? Where else are people playing other than CFC?

Comment

No need to disguise, good ol' Guy makes it easy. He's taking his team to a legit tournament this Columbus Day (CFC) yet true to form plays down in the B team division.
            Why would he not "play down"? Nothing against the team, but that seems like the right division based on results.

Comment

Why would he not "play down"? Nothing against the team, but that seems like the right division based on results.
              It doesn't seem to jibe with several poster's lofty opinions of the team, that's all. I doubt there's another Maple Blue team that would enter the 2nd level of any tournament

Comment

Maple Blue is not the same as it used to be. Look at u14 boys for a great example. In Maple, Vikings ruled at u12, and the division had all of the top 12s. Now it is incredibly different. NEP is stronger, and Maple has 3 strong teams.

Comment

Maple Blue is not the same as it used to be. Look at u14 boys for a great example. In Maple, Vikings ruled at u12, and the division had all of the top 12s. Now it is incredibly different. NEP is stronger, and Maple has 3 strong teams.
                  More of this silliness, really... Your wrong as to the U14s and U13s. But are we going to waste 20 more posts on this. Who cares. Both leagues are decent high level soccer.

Comment

State Cup Scores

7-2 Abby Villa S.C. Valeo FC
                    4-3 Liverpool FSC Select FC
                    5-1 Benfica USA/SJSC FC United
                    2-4 Sachems FC - VM- W NEFC - B
                    0-4 AC Milan Boston North Shore United

How was the Abby Villa / Valeo game? I thought it would be a close game. What happened?

Comment

7-2 Abby Villa S.C. Valeo FC
                      4-3 Liverpool FSC Select FC
                      5-1 Benfica USA/SJSC FC United
                      2-4 Sachems FC - VM- W NEFC - B
                      0-4 AC Milan Boston North Shore United

How was the Abby Villa / Valeo game? I thought it would be a close game. What happened?
                      Villa will advance this weekend, not sure how or why they got dropped to Green at the last minute

Comment

abbey didnt get dropped down at last minute it was jbsa, abbey was always there. this teams strength is also its downfall-possession. coach takes philosophy to extreme: kids make small passes in there own area, never just clear the ball, dribble out of pressure in own 18. great for development but costs them goals and ultimately goals.
                        Villa will advance this weekend, not sure how or why they got dropped to Green at the last minute

Comment

abbey didnt get dropped down at last minute it was jbsa, abbey was always there. this teams strength is also its downfall-possession. coach takes philosophy to extreme: kids make small passes in there own area, never just clear the ball, dribble out of pressure in own 18. great for development but costs them goals and ultimately goals.
                          Cool ... Development over winning, must be really hard on the parents.

Comment

Looks like are still winning? Will they beat galway though?

Comment

Looks like are still winning? Will they beat galway though?
                              If so no shame in losing to this team, they will earn their way to Blue for the spring and have success. Not surprised if these guys end up in RR

Comment

For the great majority, same group of boys and same parents. I think it's always a little hard when you lose close games because of mistakes, but this group has grown to accept development over winning. If you watch the team, they never kick the ball away and I mean never. When they lose possession, it's because of a bad pass or a mistake, but never because of purposely kicking it away. Valeo game was perfect example, first Valeo goal was given to them by a softer pass straight across the face of the goal. Mistake yes, did they learn from it, yet. Could it have cost them the game, yes, and it has it in the past.

But as everyone has said, who cares about u10, 11, and 12. As long as they are learning and progressing, that's the key.

As they play tougher competition, they will have to improve their speed of play and decision making. And this will come.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X