Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if your kid likes his team but the parents suck

At our original club team, the parents were ok but the boys were split into factions and never really gelled. Bullying etc.. So we moved to another club and the team comradery is great but the parents are horrible. Now the bullying comes from the parents who yell at other parents kids, arguing with the refs, bad mouthing the coach, etc.. I've had it with them and their behavior and my kid is over them too but the team is very successful and the kids love each other. I'm afraid the parents are going to destroy the team. It's time to sign up and I'm torn. Advise please. TIA.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At our original club team, the parents were ok but the boys were split into factions and never really gelled. Bullying etc.. So we moved to another club and the team comradery is great but the parents are horrible. Now the bullying comes from the parents who yell at other parents kids, arguing with the refs, bad mouthing the coach, etc.. I've had it with them and their behavior and my kid is over them too but the team is very successful and the kids love each other. I'm afraid the parents are going to destroy the team. It's time to sign up and I'm torn. Advise please. TIA.
    Walk away while you can. Nasty parent behavior almost inevitably ends up on the field as well. Parents can blow up a quality team. Most likely there's other parents that feel like you and will leave, leaving only the worst of bunch to tear each other a part. Your son will make friends elsewhere.

Tell the club why you're leaving. They'll probably never do anything but they should know.

Comment

Have you raised it with the coach? or send him an anonymous note if you are chicken. The coach should have noticed and taken it up with the parents.

Comment

Is this rec because it is past sign up time. The kids love each other and that is most important.

Comment

Let the kid decide. It is about him. As they age it is much less about parents being involved with the team.

Comment

Stay only if 1) the coaching is excellent 2) it's a good fit for your kid's soccer level 3) he's really happy.

Even if all of that applies, re-evaluate every few months.

Comment

Have you raised it with the coach? or send him an anonymous note if you are chicken. The coach should have noticed and taken it up with the parents.
              These parents are obviously walking all over that coach.. he has no authority. You should find a real man/coach who doesn't allow other parents to run the show. Worse yet, have witnessed kids completely disrespect the coach and other players, the coach did NOTHING. What a waste of a soccer year.

Comment

These parents are obviously walking all over that coach.. he has no authority. You should find a real man/coach who doesn't allow other parents to run the show. Worse yet, have witnessed kids completely disrespect the coach and other players, the coach did NOTHING. What a waste of a soccer year.
                A real man/coach? How about being a real adult and not being a lunatic on the sidelines. It is not a coaches job job to babysit adults.

Comment

A real man/coach? How about being a real adult and not being a lunatic on the sidelines. It is not a coaches job job to babysit adults.
                  Some coaches can't even earn the respect of the kids. If you see this, leave this team ASAP. Disrespectful talk and actions with no consequences. That is not a qualified coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X