Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer cleats - how long should they last?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer cleats - how long should they last?

My daughter is 16 and we go through a $200 pair every year. Does this sound right in terms of normal wear and tear? At the end of the year the sole starts pulling away from the upper. Also ISO recommendations.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter is 16 and we go through a $200 pair every year. Does this sound right in terms of normal wear and tear? At the end of the year the sole starts pulling away from the upper. Also ISO recommendations.
    Since Nike cleats are more succeptable to this than others, I’m gonna assume you have Nike cleats. They offer a two year warranty (from manufacture date) where if cleats become unplayable from natural causes they will replace them.
    Othe companies will do similar things, so regardless look into that.
    This is normal if your daughter plays a lot, especially if she uses them when training agility. In my experience this tearing happens less to lower market cleats ($125) and those cleats are just as good as the pro models.

Comment

Copa Mondial

Comment

We have three players and have tried them all. The $225 ones don't really do much better than the $120 ones. The older two in high school only get one season out of them. They're using them 4-6 days a week so kind of not surprising

Comment

We have three players and have tried them all. The $225 ones don't really do much better than the $120 ones. The older two in high school only get one season out of them. They're using them 4-6 days a week so kind of not surprising
          My teenage son usually makes the $200 Adidas cleats last one season.

Comment

D goes through a pair of cleats or turfs a season depending on where her training is. We've done Nike and Adidas and by far, Nike has been the best for us.

Comment

OP here, thanks for the responses. DDs cleats are Nike. We used to have the Adidas Copa Mundials but she didn't like them. Which Nike cleats in the $120 range would you recommend?

I'll also look into the 2 year warranty.

Comment

OP here, thanks for the responses. DDs cleats are Nike. We used to have the Adidas Copa Mundials but she didn't like them. Which Nike cleats in the $120 range would you recommend?

Really depends on her foot amd her style of play. Mercurials are for narrow feet and the tread pattern is for straight line speed. Hypervenoms are for normal width feet and are good for cutting and stopping. Magistas have the roomiest toebox and width and are good for turning.

Comment

Which Nike cleats are best for forwards?

Comment

Really depends on her foot amd her style of play. Mercurials are for narrow feet and the tread pattern is for straight line speed. Hypervenoms are for normal width feet and are good for cutting and stopping. Magistas have the roomiest toebox and width and are good for turning.
                    Thanks for this. My son liked the Tiempos, but they fell apart after 2 months, twice, so after that we gave up. Now he plays in magistas, and they've held up well (he has 2 pairs, and they've lasted almost a year).

Comment

My D had a pair of Magistas that fell apart after three months. We mailed them back to Nike and they gave us a Nike credit for their own store for original shelf price even though we got them on sale.

Comment

Which Nike cleats are best for forwards?
                        Mercurials or Hypervenoms.

Comment

Mercurials or Hypervenoms.
                          Those are what my kids tend to gravitate towards, but some other brands don't fit their feet as well either. They only last through fall and into winter. Midwinter they usually get replaced for spring. When they were little they outgrew them before they trashed them. Now we rarely have a pair of cleats that are in good enough shape to be handed down to someone.

They also put inserts in because there's no support whatsoever in cleats. It's like running on cardboard.

Comment

A GDA player would get about 6 months out of her cleats
                            Others about 1 year.

Comment

A GDA player would get about 6 months out of her cleats
                              Others about 1 year.
                              ha ha funny. GDA 5 times per week (4:1 practice to game ratio, if your club even practices that often). ECNL 5 times per week (3:2). High school soccer 5-6 times per week (3 or 4:2).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X