Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    More like when the final paint is dry. Even if something ever gets developed we're still talking about multiple years by the time there's a site, and approvals and environmental clearances, and tax deals from the state, and construction cost overages and missed timetables...I may have retired to a warmer state by then.
    My bet is they finish it within a season or two of the 2026 World Cup. They host open to the public training sessions at the new stadium and host one of the rounds at Gillette.

Comment

My bet is they finish it within a season or two of the 2026 World Cup. They host open to the public training sessions at the new stadium and host one of the rounds at Gillette.
      They would install grass at Gillette just for that? The new stadium should be at Suffolk Downs.

Comment

Bad idea. Sure you may pick up some 20-somethings and sell beer but you'll lose the families.
        I don't know. Families still go to see Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics. It's easy to get public transportation to these locations too. I think it is exciting and hope it happens.

Then maybe the Breakers will come back and play at that location which will be much easier to get to than Harvard and getting over that bridge in rush hour.

Comment

I don't know. Families still go to see Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics. It's easy to get public transportation to these locations too. I think it is exciting and hope it happens.

Then maybe the Breakers will come back and play at that location which will be much easier to get to than Harvard and getting over that bridge in rush hour.
          I just don't see it working. Having it in Boston would ruin the atmosphere of a revs games. No more tailgating, free parking probably no games events for the kids to do before the game.
          Your taking an

Comment

also I don't see the stadium making money. The garden has Celtics and Bruins Fenway is Fenway the Red Sox play maybe 6 or maybe 7 months so the money is coming in. What will the stadium do to make money. Also let's face it revs aren't making tons of money so it just seems like a bad business move. Also Kraft probably makes his money back when he brings in some of the European clubs for friendlies. Or when the World Cup comes if he can host 3 games he's all set.

Comment

I just don't see it working. Having it in Boston would ruin the atmosphere of a revs games. No more tailgating, free parking probably no games events for the kids to do before the game.
              Your taking an
              Yes, tailgating and parking will be different, but the atmosphere that matters is the atmosphere for the games, and the inside the stadium atmosphere is garbage - the stadium is too big for their average crowd size. If they could get 40,000 people on average to come to Gillette, fine. But they can't. If they can't get bigger crowds to come to Gillette, then they need a smaller stadium in Boston.

Comment

Yes, tailgating and parking will be different, but the atmosphere that matters is the atmosphere for the games, and the inside the stadium atmosphere is garbage - the stadium is too big for their average crowd size. If they could get 40,000 people on average to come to Gillette, fine. But they can't. If they can't get bigger crowds to come to Gillette, then they need a smaller stadium in Boston.
                All you need do is take a look at Atlanta and Seattle. The soccer culture is infused in the population entirely. Their game attendance is 20-40,000. The audience is here in Ma. Just needs to be built by a krafty indivicual.

Comment

All you need do is take a look at Atlanta and Seattle. The soccer culture is infused in the population entirely. Their game attendance is 20-40,000. The audience is here in Ma. Just needs to be built by a krafty indivicual.
                  or anyone else for that matter.

Comment

I spent 3 years living in Seattle. Sounders games are a blast. Team has done well, Stadium is downtown, and has some fun traditions like march to Clink. But please don't confuse drinking culture as a sign of soccer culture.

Seattle is no different than Boston. Seattle United Reign and Crossfire Premiere are doppelgangers for NEFC Breakers and Stars ECNL, and all the pretty players are dropped off in luxury SUVs by their parents employed by Tech, Med, or Academic employed parents. Parents seeking water cooler status and "offers" to the Patriot League equivalent West Coast Conference

Comment

or anyone else for that matter.
                      Kraft doesn't give a flying F if there is not significant profit to be made. Breaking even or better is not even an option in empire.

Comment

I spent 3 years living in Seattle. Sounders games are a blast. Team has done well, Stadium is downtown, and has some fun traditions like march to Clink. But please don't confuse drinking culture as a sign of soccer culture.

Seattle is no different than Boston. Seattle United Reign and Crossfire Premiere are doppelgangers for NEFC Breakers and Stars ECNL, and all the pretty players are dropped off in luxury SUVs by their parents employed by Tech, Med, or Academic employed parents. Parents seeking water cooler status and "offers" to the Patriot League equivalent West Coast Conference
                        They have an owner who likes it and promotes it. Not an old curmudgeon like we do.

Comment

They have an owner who likes it and promotes it. Not an old curmudgeon like we do.
                          For sure. Management makes such a difference. Atlanta ownership is also making a full on effort. I think the only time Old Fart Kraft thinks about the Revs is if he has to pay a large bill for them

Comment

Agreed, enthused ownership with good stadium builds a strong fan base. Still wouldn't call that soccer culture

Comment

Agreed, enthused ownership with good stadium builds a strong fan base. Still wouldn't call that soccer culture
                              You guys don't hang in Framingham, Everett, Somerville, Cambridge, Malden, Medford, Revere or anywhere people live and breathe soccer. Revere was shut down in 02 when Brazil won the WC. Every one of the 57000 residents were on the street. These 6 districts alone have 600,000 people. 10% attendance is 60,000 alone from them.

Atlanta and Seattle both started from the bottom, now they up. Bring the stadium to Boston and the Fans will inspire the team, granted the right players need to be bought as well and a soccer minded management team.

Comment

But it would be a step in the right direction

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X