Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS RI North

Anyone know what is causing the changes around coaches at GPS RI North? Seems like the gravity of GPS RI is moving to Southern RI.

GPS relationships are always temporary. They're going to go where they have strong relationships with towns. If a town relationship goes south, so goes GPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Anyone know what is causing the changes around coaches at GPS RI North? Seems like the gravity of GPS RI is moving to Southern RI.
      New DoC coming in from Waltham. Coaching changes are bound to happen as the DoC looks to improve the region.

Comment

New DoC coming in from Waltham. Coaching changes are bound to happen as the DoC looks to improve the region.
        GPS South - Good teams - Experienced coaches
        GPS North - Not so good team -Young coaches little experience

Comment

Coaching changes have more to do with visa renewal and work permit issues. GPS South are mostly run by local coaches.

Comment

No they are not. They have something like 25 teams in the South, with 3 teams (very good ones, I might add) coached by local coaches.

Comment

Son has played both North and South (mostly South). GPS is the best experience he has had in any sport. He is having fun and developing. Coaching has been pretty consistent talent wise and no matter who is coaching he is learning.

Comment

New DoC has already come in but it is for the south not the north.

Comment

GPS North

Most of these posts are probably from the daddy coaches at NEFC. Most GPS South coaches are not locals. There are at most 2 that are local. Many more GPS coaches in the South than that. Same with the North. Great organization. Biggest problem in this state is parents who can’t let go and let others coach their kids.

Comment

Most of these posts are probably from the daddy coaches at NEFC. Most GPS South coaches are not locals. There are at most 2 that are local. Many more GPS coaches in the South than that. Same with the North. Great organization. Biggest
                    problem in this state is parents who can’t let go and let others coach their kids.
                    Taking this personal? Nothing in these posts is even saying anything negative so why blame on NEFC daddy coaches?? Most all of these posts praise GPS. Seems to be you took local coaches the wrong way because that looked like a compliment for not losing coaches to visa issues to me.

Comment

GPS RI North

Yeah, it is personal. It impacts mine and other kids in the state. Do these dads trying to coach and protect Jimmy have the talent or qualifications to qualify as elite coaches? A few may. Or, are too many town coaches trying to be elite so they can coach their kid until adulthood? Dads coaching town is honorable and should be applauded. Trying to do it at the elite level hurts our state and our kids. GPS North coaches and program are as good as the South. Great program. Bayside obviously has a great program too with a rich history. I think you know my opinion on NEFC

Comment

Yeah, it is personal. It impacts mine and other kids in the state. Do these dads trying to coach and protect Jimmy have the talent or qualifications to qualify as elite coaches? A few may. Or, are too many town coaches trying to be elite so they can coach their kid until adulthood? Dads coaching town is honorable and should be applauded. Trying to do it at the elite level hurts our state and our kids. GPS North coaches and program are as good as the South. Great program. Bayside obviously has a great program too with a rich history. I think you know my opinion on NEFC
                        Parents who coach their own kids after age 12 are the ultimate helicopter parents.

Comment

GPS North coaches and program are as good as the South. Great program.
                          They are miles apart in terms of numbers, quality, organization and effectively everything.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X