Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Someone else got you and there is no winner.

The More You Spend on Travel.
    Top teams were traveling to play better competition before ECNL.

Only sad and petty fools think OYSA is enough. Not everyone settles for mediocrity.

Comment

Top teams were traveling to play better competition before ECNL.

Only sad and petty fools think OYSA is enough. Not everyone settles for mediocrity.
      The biggest fools insist on playing HS ball, they travel for travel sake in club ball and dont play in statewide club league or even get to play for club state cup.

They believe airline miles and hotel points are enough.

Can't cure crazy stupid.

Comment

The biggest fools insist on playing HS ball, they travel for travel sake in club ball and dont play in statewide club league or even get to play for club state cup.

They believe airline miles and hotel points are enough.

Can't cure crazy stupid.

Wow!! so much hate man... seek help

Comment

or so Much Truth, stop it!

Comment

This is a good question. I understand kids on local club teams playing HS. But for kids who play ECNL? ECNL’s main argument for existence is that local competition isn’t good enough, hence you need to travel and play better teams. And other than at the younger ages, they won’t even play local club teams. Yet those same players and parents want to play HS? I’m guessing the answer will be the social importance of HS. That’s fine, but if you are so invested in your child’s development that you pay the hefty price tag for ECNL, why would you prefer HS over a more advanced and competitive setting.

Comment

This is a good question. I understand kids on local club teams playing HS. But for kids who play ECNL? ECNL’s main argument for existence is that local competition isn’t good enough, hence you need to travel and play better teams. And other than at the younger ages, they won’t even play local club teams. Yet those same players and parents want to play HS? I’m guessing the answer will be the social importance of HS. That’s fine, but if you are so invested in your child’s development that you pay the hefty price tag for ECNL, why would you prefer HS over a more advanced and competitive setting.
              Welcome to the brainwashing. Don't ask simple questions like these, it will rip the fabric of the con.

Comment

High school if for social fun and community. Ecnl is for more serious club soccer. Think of high school soccer like a fun vacation with your friends. What kid doesn’t want that?

Comment

High school if for social fun and community. Ecnl is for more serious club soccer. Think of high school soccer like a fun vacation with your friends. What kid doesn’t want that?
                  In Oregon you have the fun vacation travel clubs like CU & FC P, racking up the miles and memories.

It's a great break to play locally in HS when things get tough and the competition is outstanding.

Lovin it!

Comment

Exactly. Let these fools make stupid points to justify why people should stay OYSA..

Comment

In Oregon you have the fun vacation travel clubs like CU & FC P, racking up the miles and memories.

It's a great break to play locally in HS when things get tough and the competition is outstanding.

Lovin it!
                      Smells like teen spirit and jealousy.

Comment

I don't accept the premise that the DA offers a "more advanced and competitive setting". How competitive are the Thorns? Nevertheless, ECNL kids play HS soccer for the same reason that OYSA kids play, or AAU kids play HS basketball. It's fun. It's with their friends. It's for their school and community. It doesn't have to satisfy the "best league" itch because that's already fulfilled. The better question is why don't DA kids and parents demand to play HS sports?

Comment

I don't accept the premise that the DA offers a "more advanced and competitive setting". How competitive are the Thorns? Nevertheless, ECNL kids play HS soccer for the same reason that OYSA kids play, or AAU kids play HS basketball. It's fun. It's with their friends. It's for their school and community. It doesn't have to satisfy the "best league" itch because that's already fulfilled. The better question is why don't DA kids and parents demand to play HS sports?
                          I believe DA parents are asking for HS soccer and US Soccer is not listening, that is one big reason why DA is failing. Pretty simple really.

Comment

Some DA kids do track, others basketball. If you are amazing, you can play whatever sport you want, that’s life.

Comment

I believe DA parents are asking for HS soccer and US Soccer is not listening, that is one big reason why DA is failing. Pretty simple really.
                              12 months of soccer is a bad idea.

Comment

They try but DA has a different purpose than ECNL. DA’s mission is to find and develop the next national team players. They believe those few players nationwide need only DA taught soccer year round. The rest of the players in DA are practice cones for the elite one or two that might make it to national team. Makes sense to not allow high school soccer for DA/GDA.
                                ECNL’s mission is pathway to college soccer. ECNL is for all college bound players and there is no reason to exclude hs soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X