Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    About half of the FCIAC teams have freshman girls teams. Not surprisingly they are most of the top girls varsity programs. STJ is the exception. No freshman team and Their JV program is for students who were NOT recruited by the JN.
    My kids freshman team could probably beat a few ccc teams. Would biotch slap three quarters of the s schools. Jv team could probably make a state final in class s or m.

Comment

About half of the FCIAC teams have freshman girls teams. Not surprisingly they are most of the top girls varsity programs. STJ is the exception. No freshman team and Their JV program is for students who were NOT recruited by the JN.
      How does JN "recruit" players? An athlete either has to score 98% or higher on an entrance exam to receive a 50% discount in the $15,000 tuition (with two lower levels of academic scholarship provided, based on the entrance exam) or qualify for financial aid. SJ does not give scholarships based on athletic ability.

Comment

My kids freshman team could probably beat a few ccc teams. Would biotch slap three quarters of the s schools. Jv team could probably make a state final in class s or m.
        Sure they can, troll.

Comment

How does JN "recruit" players? An athlete either has to score 98% or higher on an entrance exam to receive a 50% discount in the $15,000 tuition (with two lower levels of academic scholarship provided, based on the entrance exam) or qualify for financial aid. SJ does not give scholarships based on athletic ability.
          Well....it happens. Just like immaculate.

Comment

No, they give financial assistance. Just like Williams, Amherst and Wesleyan.

Comment

Depends on how badly JN wants the player.

Comment

Well....it happens. Just like immaculate.
                Why wouldn’t you you send your child to SJ or IHS if you can.
                You spend a ton on money on primier soccer, so just makes sense to get quaility coaching
                5-6 days a week. Our local Hs coaching is a joke, my child would take a step backwards if she went there. I’m giving my child an opportune to get a very good education and get quality coaching all year long. This was our choice!!!

Comment

Why wouldn’t you you send your child to SJ or IHS if you can.
                  You spend a ton on money on primier soccer, so just makes sense to get quaility coaching
                  5-6 days a week. Our local Hs coaching is a joke, my child would take a step backwards if she went there. I’m giving my child an opportune to get a very good education and get quality coaching all year long. This was our choice!!!
                  Quality education? Maybe if you live in a lousy district. There's also much better private schools than those two. But it doesn't sound like it is just about education to you. Why not put in her DA instead of paying for private school? Or don't have her play HS and work with a trainer in the fall. Much cheaper than private school. Let me guess, she loves playing HS?

Comment

Quality education? Maybe if you live in a lousy district. There's also much better private schools than those two. But it doesn't sound like it is just about education to you. Why not put in her DA instead of paying for private school? Or don't have her play HS and work with a trainer in the fall. Much cheaper than private school. Let me guess, she loves playing HS?
                    Yes because so many kids skip HS soccer to do private training in the fall.

I keep hearing people knock SJ and Immaculate (more so SJ) on their lack of quality education. Is that really true? I don’t know anything about either, that’s why I’m asking.

Comment

Yes because so many kids skip HS soccer to do private training in the fall.

I keep hearing people knock SJ and Immaculate (more so SJ) on their lack of quality education. Is that really true? I don’t know anything about either, that’s why I’m asking.

you can be dumb in any school and you can be smart in any school- they have all the same classes (Uconn,AP) they have kids that go ivy and nescac . Aholes need to say negative **** about everyone else
                      Catholics are fine , publics are fine there a good and bad in both

Comment

No, they give financial assistance. Just like Williams, Amherst and Wesleyan.
                        yes they do and yo have to qualify- but soccer is a rich white girl sport, so how many would qualify

Comment

you can be dumb in any school and you can be smart in any school- they have all the same classes (Uconn,AP) they have kids that go ivy and nescac . Aholes need to say negative **** about everyone else
                          Catholics are fine , publics are fine there a good and bad in both
                          the question wasn't about the students it was about the quality of education offered

Comment

the question wasn't about the students it was about the quality of education offered
                            so do you think the quality of the top class at Staples is different than the top class at Stjs or Imac? probs not
                            do you think the Bottom class at either is much different ?- i do, the bottom at the publics is lower
                            do you agree that smaller classes are better for learning or not,
                            Teacher quality? tenure? funding? Parental influence on grades have had kids at both and like them both for certain things and dislike for certain things
                            one thing i can tell you at a catholic your kid will never get lost in the crowd like they can at a public, and thats important for some kids

Comment

so do you think the quality of the top class at Staples is different than the top class at Stjs or Imac? probs not
                              do you think the Bottom class at either is much different ?- i do, the bottom at the publics is lower
                              do you agree that smaller classes are better for learning or not,
                              Teacher quality? tenure? funding? Parental influence on grades have had kids at both and like them both for certain things and dislike for certain things
                              one thing i can tell you at a catholic your kid will never get lost in the crowd like they can at a public, and thats important for some kids
                              You do realize not all publics are as large as Staples right? There's a reason they technically St J is an L school - size of the student body. Besides, class size matter less if the teaching quality isn't there. I've toured St Joes twice with two different kids. None of us were impressed with the staff over all, other than a few good ones that you may or may not get. Both kids decided to stay public. That choice also didn't hurt their soccer "careers" lol.

Comment

yes they do and yo have to qualify- but soccer is a rich white girl sport, so how many would qualify
                                "merit" money.

The bar for parochial financial aid is tough - your family income has to be very low to qualify, which is tough to begin with just being in Fairfield county. I know a few families there that struggle to pay but feel they have no choice because they're in bad school districts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X