X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thoughts on ODP

What are your thoughts on ODP?

Need Link to region III state teams and region pool for boys and girls every age group.

Comment

I have mixed feelings. My son made the State team and went to Alabama region 3 camp. But there, for 2 years in a row, it was pretty obvious that the coaches were only interested in boys that were more physically developed than anything else. Yes, there were a couple of exceptions. But generally speaking, if your son didn’t hit puberty by 10 or 11, then by 13 or 14 he just won’t be sufficiently physically developed to move on. Almost the same thing could be said for USDA. Which is a shame. Just because a person develops physically first, it doesn’t mean that they will be the better player in the long term. We won’t be going back next year. These days there are many more alternatives for your son to get college exposure than just ODP.

Comment

I agree, my son doesn’t want to go back next year. Says it was a waste of his time. The truth is, I don’t want to push him. Between club soccer, high school soccer and all the showcase tournaments, we could use the break. I don’t want him to burn out anyhow.

Comment

Trying to be identified for region team is tough with the many states elite talent. This year more quality training and talks in between the games. Like to hear our child tell us the names of the college coaches and that the training is great. They are having fun at camp and practicing their game with new players. ODP doing a better job putting the schedule out there ahead for the parents and scouting coaches. When ODP takes the focus off identifying and that those not pulled up for pool training are getting small group excellent training from college coaches makes the camp a great one.

Comment

If your playing DA, ODP is an unnecessary luxury. If your not playing DA, then by all means try it out. The opportunity to be seen and coached in a more intimate setting by college coaches has its merits. You can make the argument that ODP is no longer means what it used to though. With so many showcases for ECNL and DA, ODP can be a redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              If your playing DA, ODP is an unnecessary luxury. If your not playing DA, then by all means try it out. The opportunity to be seen and coached in a more intimate setting by college coaches has its merits. You can make the argument that ODP is no longer means what it used to though. With so many showcases for ECNL and DA, ODP can be a redundant.
              It’s mostly players not playing in the ECNL or DA.

Comment

At ODP Players get to play with other highly skilled players and it raises the level of play. Too bad on the club team couldn’t get the same high level of practice and games. Too bad ODP practices are few and far between. The ODP summer camp lets them have a week of high level instruction and games.

Comment

The level of play and competition has declined significantly over the past 3 years. My daughter started ODP in 8th grade and now a junior did not participate in this years Region camp despite her invitation. The higher level players have moved on to just ECNL and are all attending college camps instead.

I love ODP and think it was awesome for her at the younger ages. It was a great program.

Comment

Have seen no drop off. There are a lot of talented soccer players across the country. There could even be a future Abby Wambach’s in the ODP mix.

Comment

Have seen no drop off. There are a lot of talented soccer players across the country. There could even be a future Abby Wambach’s in the ODP mix.
                      Boys? Maybe but girls has had a huge decline. Florida has really declined this past yesr

Comment

Boys? Maybe but girls has had a huge decline. Florida has really declined this past yesr
                        What age group did you watch and are you an expert judge? The region ODP matches were impressive to watch.

Comment

What age group did you watch and are you an expert judge? The region ODP matches were impressive to watch.
                          Have watched the ODP girls 01-02 age groups for 4 years . Does playing internationally count as expert?

Comment

Have watched the ODP girls 01-02 age groups for 4 years . Does playing internationally count as expert?
                            Do you have a daughter playing, coaching or following? When and where did you see the two Florida age levels play?

Comment

Do you have a daughter playing, coaching or following? When and where did you see the two Florida age levels play?
                              You seemed obsessed with my credentials and daughter. I have watched both in FL and st Montevallo

This has been over the past 4 years. Look at the R3 team selections and 80% from last year didn’t even return.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X