Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    why would Weston get ECNL??? they have nothing to show on the girls side as far as elite teams in any age - may be U13 has something going on but not much as compared to the rest of the state teams.
    In addition, they don't much to show in coaching quality either (some exceptions of course) .. they still have parents coaching premier teams for God's sake. In general some parent coaches are good coaches (Bob Bradley was one ..) but the ones in Weston are all about accommodating their kids!!! Does this sound like an ECNL club???

Oh yeah and they (that is the Board members\VPs etc.,) separated themselves from AYSO (the rec people) so that they focus on the competitive side of things away from rec. The real reason .. they were accusing the AYSO president of wanting to merge the two organizations because his kid was not good enough for the premier teams.
    That is from the same people that accommodate their kids in the Weston FC teams!!!

Wake up Gentlemen on the girls side - you keep losing talent because of your actions (or non), the girls side in Weston will never be elite. The last elite team from Weston FC has graduated already - see Gui Gui and CP are not here anymore.

Wow! Very much on point! What is the criteria for ECNL? Who in South FL meets the criteria. Also, what is the criteria for maintaining eligibility. Didn't a FL club lose the ECNL status

Comment

Are you talking about VP or JC?
      Judah Cooks

Comment

who is GC? I guarantee you this is not GC from Sunrise, this is a Weston parent that is not drinking the Kool-Aid that Weston FC officials are serving us ..

Time for Change and turn things around - Do not question who is posting - you know it's true. I am hoping a new DOC will bring change and transparency to the program.

- Hold open and meaningful try outs with professional talent elevators
        - Eliminate parent coaches - if they are valued coaches ask them to coach other teams (not their kids' team) and put them on the payroll - I am sure most coaches are parents too!
        - Do not allow head coaches on the same team for more than 2 years. This is youth development - can not be stuck with the same coach from U9 to U14!!!
        - Implement metrics and evaluation for all players to evaluate proper development
        Signed former West Pines Parent who came to Weston, who was fed this bunch of crap at Weet Pines which never panned out. Went from Bad to Worse. Doesn't anyone care about the girls?

Comment

Signed former West Pines Parent who came to Weston, who was fed this bunch of crap at Weet Pines which never panned out. Went from Bad to Worse. Doesn't anyone care about the girls?
          So you just like complaining. Where ever you go? Met the President at Weston years ago. He always tries his best.

Comment

Wow! Very much on point! What is the criteria for ECNL? Who in South FL meets the criteria. Also, what is the criteria for maintaining eligibility. Didn't a FL club lose the ECNL status
            ECNL in south florida is going to have to come thru clubs with good girls programs merging that's the only way I can see it happening

Comment

ECNL in south florida is going to have to come thru clubs with good girls programs merging that's the only way I can see it happening
              Not gonna happen. Every club is selfish and is all about the money. Dream on South Florida, you will never be able to compete the California, Texas, New Jersey, etc.

Comment

Fed up Weston FC parent

you just go around to figure out who is the OP of this thread, aren't you!!! no dude, this is not Sunrise GC, and this is not a former WP parent that came to Weston either!! This is from a Weston parent that has always been a Weston parent, graduated a kid through the Weston FC teams and still have one more kid to go. I have seen enough all these years.

Caring about the kids?? yeah always. .. I am not bringing the girls into this. I have my daughter bringing her best face and respect for the coaches at every practice and every game. But the girls are not robots. They see things and they wonder and they ask questions .. they know who is a good coach and who is not - at some degree of course, they know which coach is committed and who is not, they know which girls in the team are not up to the level of the rest and they wonder what is going on - there supposed to be tryouts every year - how come kids of the 2nd team are better than kids of the 1st team. I am not going to serve the Kool Aid to my kids sir, the same one that you Weston FC officials are serving us for years.

Enough is Enough. Have the decency to initiate change. Again, here is your mission:

- Hold open and meaningful try outs with professional talent evaluators
                - Eliminate parent HEAD coaches - if they are valued coaches ask them to coach other teams (not their kids' team) and put them on the payroll - I am sure most coaches are parents too!
                - Do not allow head coaches on the same team for more than 2 years. This is youth development - can not be stuck with the same coach from U9 to U14!!!
                - Implement metrics and evaluation for all players to evaluate proper development

Comment

So you just like complaining. Where ever you go? Met the President at Weston years ago. He always tries his best.
                  LOL .... Best joke of the thread...

Comment

He always tries his best.[/QUOTE]
                    FOR HIS SON

Comment

you just go around to figure out who is the OP of this thread, aren't you!!! no dude, this is not Sunrise GC, and this is not a former WP parent that came to Weston either!! This is from a Weston parent that has always been a Weston parent, graduated a kid through the Weston FC teams and still have one more kid to go. I have seen enough all these years.

Caring about the kids?? yeah always. .. I am not bringing the girls into this. I have my daughter bringing her best face and respect for the coaches at every practice and every game. But the girls are not robots. They see things and they wonder and they ask questions .. they know who is a good coach and who is not - at some degree of course, they know which coach is committed and who is not, they know which girls in the team are not up to the level of the rest and they wonder what is going on - there supposed to be tryouts every year - how come kids of the 2nd team are better than kids of the 1st team. I am not going to serve the Kool Aid to my kids sir, the same one that you Weston FC officials are serving us for years.

Enough is Enough. Have the decency to initiate change. Again, here is your mission:

- Hold open and meaningful try outs with professional talent evaluators
                      - Eliminate parent HEAD coaches - if they are valued coaches ask them to coach other teams (not their kids' team) and put them on the payroll - I am sure most coaches are parents too!
                      Instead of using this forum, why don't you go to the Board to tell them your concerns. One thing I'm not sure is dad coaches and long term coaches. If they're good, let them coach. I'd rather have a dad who played in college and knows what they're doing, instead of someone whose there for just a paycheck. If they suck, its a different story. get rid of them. Look, just cause you want it that way, doesn't mean everyone wants it that way. But just present your opinion to the Board.

Comment

Instead of using this forum, why don't you go to the Board to tell them your concerns. One thing I'm not sure is dad coaches and long term coaches. If they're good, let them coach. I'd rather have a dad who played in college and knows what they're doing, instead of someone whose there for just a paycheck. If they suck, its a different story. get rid of them. Look, just cause you want it that way, doesn't mean everyone wants it that way. But just present your opinion to the Board.
                        Can't present to the board, they don't want to hear it. They don't like you to ask questions or you get accused of caring too much about the "technical" aspects of the game. This conversation happened with my daughter's team. They would rather let the team fall apart than have to deal with any of it. They offer to release you if you like. They aren't looking to fix anything.

Comment

Can't present to the board, they don't want to hear it. They don't like you to ask questions or you get accused of caring too much about the "technical" aspects of the game. This conversation happened with my daughter's team. They would rather let the team fall apart than have to deal with any of it. They offer to release you if you like. They aren't looking to fix anything.
                          No, you haven't spoken to them. You're assuming their answer. And if they say no as a group, the majority has spoken. Leave it for next year. That's the democratic process. If you badger them over and over again, they'll do what any person would. Shut you out. Sometimes your opinion might not be the best, or wanted. Just because you think you're idea is the best, doesn't make it so.

Comment

No, you haven't spoken to them. You're assuming their answer. And if they say no as a group, the majority has spoken. Leave it for next year. That's the democratic process. If you badger them over and over again, they'll do what any person would. Shut you out. Sometimes your opinion might not be the best, or wanted. Just because you think you're idea is the best, doesn't make it so.
                            Put Napoleon in charge. He'll make it better or die trying. Regardless, you'll tire of his act in a couple years too...we did, and he

Comment

Put Napoleon in charge. He'll make it better or die trying. Regardless, you'll tire of his act in a couple years too...we did, and he
                              See, you've lost because you don't want to speak to the Board. Miserable people just want to complain, just like your doing on TS. If itso bad, and you don't want to try to change the system, then leave, or stay. Either way stop complaining. It really turns people off in the long run. People will listen for a little while, but after its perceived as badgering.

Comment

See, you've lost because you don't want to speak to the Board. Miserable people just want to complain, just like your doing on TS. If itso bad, and you don't want to try to change the system, then leave, or stay. Either way stop complaining. It really turns people off in the long run. People will listen for a little while, but after its perceived as badgering.
                                Obviously, you haven't been around long enough to realize the politics in club soccer. If they don't like what you have to say, they will release your kid and keep your money. They will not care. It's the easiest way to take care of "the problem". They don't care about girls soccer here at Weston. Girls program already has one foot in the grave.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X