Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U9 in Miami Dade

Hi I just moved to town from Texas and was wonderring if you guys could point me in the right direction. My son turns 9 now in FEB and is a pretty solid player and was looking for a team to put him on. I care more for good coaching than trophies, any one know what club or coach I can talk to?

Miami Teams

Of all the list I've seen from the Miami-Dade Soccer League website and seeing some of the teams played I'd take him to Kendall first to see how that works out. I've put a link below so you can see the list of teams in Miami-Dade.

http://www.miami-dadesoccer.com/teams/index_E.html

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hi I just moved to town from Texas and was wonderring if you guys could point me in the right direction. My son turns 9 now in FEB and is a pretty solid player and was looking for a team to put him on. I care more for good coaching than trophies, any one know what club or coach I can talk to?
      If you are for real (which I doubt) the first thing you need to know is that unlike Texas u9 is all 6v6. So if you go to the best clubs, unless your kid is an absolute superstar - which I doubt - you will not crack the top 5 starters and your kid will ride the bench. On the top 2 or 3 teams you have arguably the top 10-15 u9s in the county. Was your kid one of the top 10 kids in a county of 2.5M or so population?

So, assuming he is not, don't look for the best, look for where he will play and develop. He is unlikely to crack the starting 5 for the top 2 clubs.

Comment

One thing you need to know is Miami really cares about the passions. Your kid needs to have the right look and speak the right language to get into a lot of those clubs. You need to tell us if you're a redneck that still thinks The Texas is its own country or if you swam across the river to get there. If you don't believe, go watch some games and you'll see what the rosters look like.

Comment

Originally posted by El Unregisteredo View Post
          One thing you need to know is Miami really cares about the passions. Your kid needs to have the right look and speak the right language to get into a lot of those clubs. You need to tell us if you're a redneck that still thinks The Texas is its own country or if you swam across the river to get there. If you don't believe, go watch some games and you'll see what the rosters look like.
          unregisteredo, it's not at all about what the kid looks like. the kids are ok playing with anyone. But I would say that it is different from texas and the biggest challenge would be handling the parents. parents are huge issue in Miami. the crazies are everywhere and in every club.

Comment

If you are for real (which I doubt) the first thing you need to know is that unlike Texas u9 is all 6v6. So if you go to the best clubs, unless your kid is an absolute superstar - which I doubt - you will not crack the top 5 starters and your kid will ride the bench. On the top 2 or 3 teams you have arguably the top 10-15 u9s in the county. Was your kid one of the top 10 kids in a county of 2.5M or so population?

So, assuming he is not, don't look for the best, look for where he will play and develop. He is unlikely to crack the starting 5 for the top 2 clubs.
            If you are for real (which I doubt) the first thing you need to know is that you must be such an *******. I mean a real class A jerk. What happened someone take your lunch money as a kid.

Comment

If you are for real (which I doubt) the first thing you need to know is that you must be such an *******. I mean a real class A jerk. What happened someone take your lunch money as a kid.
              Nice try but I will not take your bait. Peace.

Comment

Nice try but I will not take your bait. Peace.
                No bait I just wanted you to know what I think of you fat ass.

Comment

Thank you to those that actually respect responded with valuable information. I dont put my son as one of the bestbin Texas, but definitely above most of the players. Also that being said I know that the numbers are different here which is fine and as I said before I dont care for the best team. I care more for the best coach. So far I am in between Strike Force and Kendall Coalition due to their location and mine. Any information you guys can give me on either of the coaches??

Comment

Thank you to those that actually respect responded with valuable information. I dont put my son as one of the bestbin Texas, but definitely above most of the players. Also that being said I know that the numbers are different here which is fine and as I said before I dont care for the best team. I care more for the best coach. So far I am in between Strike Force and Kendall Coalition due to their location and mine. Any information you guys can give me on either of the coaches??
                    Any coach you land in Kendall is better than SF.

Comment

In the long run, you are better off at coalition. if you plan to be around next season as well, wait until may and see if your kid can get into the u10 A. it should be a good club. will be hard to join the first team half way thru. there are other good clubs that may require more driving. you probably know this, but no coach will provide you with personal training. the club coaches here handle a team (not individual) practice 2-3 times a week. that's it. if you want your kid to advance in specific technical skills, you need additional private training. that's just how it is. good luck.

Comment

Kendall

Any coach you land in Kendall is better than SF.
                        Our team has never played SF before, but we have played Kendall and the coach there is very good at that age group.

Comment

the only issue is that Kendall coalition practices at different parks at different days creating a nightmare for some parents that have jobs. At this young age, you are fine in most places, don't push a competitive spirit at this young age yet

Comment

the only issue is that Kendall coalition practices at different parks at different days creating a nightmare for some parents that have jobs. At this young age, you are fine in most places, don't push a competitive spirit at this young age yet
                            Thank you all for your feed back. I am not looking for the team with the best players and the best recored I am only looking for good training. I took my son last night to train with the SF team the coaches name I beleive was Javier and I really like his training session. Which is all I really care about at this point in time.

Comment

Thank you all for your feed back. I am not looking for the team with the best players and the best recored I am only looking for good training. I took my son last night to train with the SF team the coaches name I beleive was Javier and I really like his training session. Which is all I really care about at this point in time.
                              Danny your pathetic! Who the hell is going to believe this, stop writing lies ? No one wants to play at SF and much less for your son.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X