Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like Super Y, youth academies and any advanced programs are not for you or your family. The YMCA might be a better fit. Program director there is lucky to make $35k, but you'll complain about that too.

Btw, I'm a parent not a coach or DOC. I could coach and collect the $1500-$2500 per team that many academies pay, but choose not too. Why?, it doesn't pay and I have a family to consider. For a single team a coach spends 8-10 hours a week at the field plus tournaments. For 15 weeks in the fall and 15 weeks in the spring its approximately 300 hours and works out to about $5/hr.

I'm thankful we have licensed coaches that work for $5/hr. Yes, they make money off our kids but they're not exactly retiring on the enormous income. The coaches I know do it to give back to the game they love but need some compensation as the 2nd job it is for most. DOC's make more but this there primary job. They run soccer programs with revenue over $1M and some approaching $5M. So yes, they probably get paid more but they have to deal with hundreds of whining parents like you. I wouldn't want that job either.

Best of luck finding the perfect club where there are no fees, everyone is a volunteer, on a field donated and maintained to immaculate conditions. Your child starts, is captain, scores every goal on a team that has never lost and multiple professional contracts waiting for you to sign.
    Times 20 players is 100.00 an hour not to bad.

Comment

Times 20 players is 100.00 an hour not to bad.
      Less field lease, maintenance, refs, DOC, website, and several FT staffers = $5/hr for a coach

Comment

Super Y Note

Personal observation. Super Y was pretty useful for my kid (a goalie) and the experience gained one summer on a team with no defense at all. The number of shots on him, stops, and different manner of shots taken was invaluable. Given that wins/losses was not the objective, every game was a classroom on how to stop shots in all different situations: one on one, two on one, three on one, etc..... I just recommend for purposes of getting better and working on a particular aspect of your child's game. It worked for mine. Hope it works for your child if you find this post useful....

Comment

Personal observation. Super Y was pretty useful for my kid (a goalie) and the experience gained one summer on a team with no defense at all. The number of shots on him, stops, and different manner of shots taken was invaluable. Given that wins/losses was not the objective, every game was a classroom on how to stop shots in all different situations: one on one, two on one, three on one, etc..... I just recommend for purposes of getting better and working on a particular aspect of your child's game. It worked for mine. Hope it works for your child if you find this post useful....
          actually I did. can I ask how you go about participating in super Y?

Comment

They are only want to pooch players

Comment

actually I did. can I ask how you go about participating in super Y?
              If you knew how to Google you probably wouldn't have to ask, but since you did, go to their website:

http://supery.uslsoccer.com/clubs/index_E.html

Find a club in your area that participates, and contact them about when their tryouts will be held. It's really not difficult if you think about it.

Comment

If you knew how to Google you probably wouldn't have to ask, but since you did, go to their website:

http://supery.uslsoccer.com/clubs/index_E.html

Find a club in your area that participates, and contact them about when their tryouts will be held. It's really not difficult if you think about it.
                ok, I was the poster. I did check out the link, thanks; didn't realize there was even such a website for super y. Thank you. yes, I could have googled and received some general information but here is my situation: there have been super y events held at our club, this year and prior years. My information also tells me that none of our players participate. why would we just host, and not participate? (Our club name was not on the list of clubs participating). Also, our club is a US Club soccer member, does that say anything?

Comment

ok, I was the poster. I did check out the link, thanks; didn't realize there was even such a website for super y. Thank you. yes, I could have googled and received some general information but here is my situation: there have been super y events held at our club, this year and prior years. My information also tells me that none of our players participate. why would we just host, and not participate? (Our club name was not on the list of clubs participating). Also, our club is a US Club soccer member, does that say anything?
                  It's really hit-and-miss in Florida, and being involved with US Club wouldn't have anything to do with it at all. Our club played NPL, FSPL, Super-Y, you name it. If you look through the standings on the website you'll see there are different clubs participating at different age groups. Some of the age groups are combined to form divisions with enough teams, and some conferences don't have divisions in every age group. If you're the right age, in the right area, and happen to find a club, I'd say go for it. My daughter played a couple of years and got some good games in over the summer, but for the most part it was it wasn't worth the bother. We had players from a couple of different clubs, and then skipped the Finals because everyone had gone their own way by then. Plus no one wanted to spend a week in Sarasota right before the holidays.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X