Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can tell you how as I watched other u10 teams get dq'd, while Florida Rush played. First it helps to have multiple members from your club on the Region board who ultimately make the decision as does Florida Rush. Then once you understand the loophole, have members on the board, you can exploit it.

Create a new team registered as 03/04 even though all the players are 04/05. Then play winter CDL or an easy Christmas break tournament so the team looks legit and doesn't raise any eyebrows. Then submit application for Region Cup as an 03/04, even though its the same 04/05 players. Pick up a few b-team players from 03/04 so there are at least a few legit age players. Most importantly have members from your club on the board that can help walk you through the loophole so you too can participate while other clubs playing up are not allowed.

Show up at your first game in Region Cup and all the other parents and coaches will cry foul, but unable to do anything as the loophole has been exploited. Play till you get eliminated. Then show up 3 months later at your own Nike Rush tournament, but now back as an 03/04.

yes, this really happened last year.
    How did the younger team do? Was it even worth the hassle?

Comment

They made it out first then got smoked, lost all 3 games and mercied ruled 6-0 in 2 out of 3.

Comment

The OCYS 10's could compete at U11 Regions Cup but that's not the issue. I'm sure OCYS knows how to get around rules but it would require complex set of changes as another poster stated, and it would kind of defeat with the 10's are trying to do with that team.

I assume from some comments that the 04/05 P1 is being told they will be in Regions cup. They could mix 10's and 11's and form an extra team, but that could cause a host of other issues.

I just don't see how they get it done since it was a big issue last year. It will be hard to sneak in a whole U10 team.

Comment

The OCYS 10's could compete at U11 Regions Cup but that's not the issue. I'm sure OCYS knows how to get around rules but it would require complex set of changes as another poster stated, and it would kind of defeat with the 10's are trying to do with that team.

I assume from some comments that the 04/05 P1 is being told they will be in Regions cup. They could mix 10's and 11's and form an extra team, but that could cause a host of other issues.

I just don't see how they get it done since it was a big issue last year. It will be hard to sneak in a whole U10 team.
          Honestly, its not worth all the effort. Although JFC 01/02 made it to the finals 2 years ago, may have even won it, can't remember.

Comment

You seem completely sure they will not be playing. We will have to see when the draw comes out if you are actually correct.
            If you are going to the SuperCopa and playing u10 in June than you cannot move your team up to U11 for region cup. Once you go up, you cannot go back to U10.

Comment

If you are going to the SuperCopa and playing u10 in June than you cannot move your team up to U11 for region cup. Once you go up, you cannot go back to U10.

My sons team did it last year. Played region cup as U11 and moved back to U10 for the remainder of the year including Disney.

Not exactly sure how they did it though.

Comment

My sons team did it last year. Played region cup as U11 and moved back to U10 for the remainder of the year including Disney.

Not exactly sure how they did it though.
                Your son play for Fl Rush last year?

Comment

With all the noise the parents of the 0405 team has made this year, I doubt there is any chance of them sneaking in. I think the competing teams will complain to FYSA as soon as they see them on the list. FYSA rosters lock in January so they cannot move to another team or age after that date. Wait till next year and let the true u11's play this one out.

Comment

With all the noise the parents of the 0405 team has made this year, I doubt there is any chance of them sneaking in. I think the competing teams will complain to FYSA as soon as they see them on the list. FYSA rosters lock in January so they cannot move to another team or age after that date. Wait till next year and let the true u11's play this one out.
                    I don't think they are going to try and sneak in. That's not their style. If they go they will do it legitimately.

Comment

Sure they can. The SuperCopa doesn't take place until well after Region Cup is over. As long as they don't have any over age players on the roster, they will be fine to play in Dallas.

Comment

Your son play for Fl Rush last year?
                        You got it, here is the paper team Rush Boys 03 created to become Rush Cinza 02 and play in Region Cup.

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=

JFC and Maitland were honest about being U10 teams and were approved to play by Region B VP, but then the full committee said no exception to the rules and the two teams were forced to forfeit all games. . . . but its all about the kids, right?

Comment

Sure they can. The SuperCopa doesn't take place until well after Region Cup is over. As long as they don't have any over age players on the roster, they will be fine to play in Dallas.
                          Unless you are going to SuperCopa under a different team or affiliation than no you cannot. It's dumb, I agree, but FYSA roster lock is a lock on your roster. There is no changing back to u10 once you move the team to u11. There is no moving players around after the January lock date. But if you do find a way in, please share as our u10 team would like to compete in region cup as well.

Comment

You got it, here is the paper team Rush Boys 03 created to become Rush Cinza 02 and play in Region Cup.

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...y=yes&compact=

JFC and Maitland were honest about being U10 teams and were approved to play by Region B VP, but then the full committee said no exception to the rules and the two teams were forced to forfeit all games. . . . but its all about the kids, right?
                            Exactly like I said earlier. Completely fake team but legitimate on paper. You left out multiple committee members from Fl Rush on the committee while none from JFC or Maitland. Guess which team got to play and which teams were forced to forfeit.

I don't have a problem with the rule of not playing up, just wish it was enforced equally.

Comment

Now that the regular season and most of the tournaments are over, who are the favorites for Region Cup? Florida Rush? OCYS?
                              What tournaments are the teams playing in January to get ready for Regions Cup?

Comment

What tournaments are the teams playing in January to get ready for Regions Cup?
                                How does Region B do the draw for teams in the first round. Do they use team rank or location to put teams into a group or is it all by chance? Thought maybe someone could expand on how it works because this is new for us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X