Shake Up in Dunedin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And why would anybody want to be a DOC of what, 3 club teams??? That is why I doubt the news about AS. Unless the money is there. But I doubt it. Even a merger is laughable. 3 club teams is not a CLUB.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      And why would anybody want to be a DOC of what, 3 club teams??? That is why I doubt the news about AS. Unless the money is there. But I doubt it. Even a merger is laughable. 3 club teams is not a CLUB.
      Was this another lie on the part of JH, looks like no new DOC has been hired by Dunedin, another false claim by the President. I wonder if he did this just to soothe the city council in Dunedin, I know they were upset that so many people had complained about misstatements by JH at the time of tryouts.

Comment

Was this another lie on the part of JH, looks like no new DOC has been hired by Dunedin, another false claim by the President. I wonder if he did this just to soothe the city council in Dunedin, I know they were upset that so many people had complained about misstatements by JH at the time of tryouts.
        Honestly, who would want the Dunedin DOC job? They have been turned down by over 10 people, it's well known that it's going to be tough to work with the President of the club, he is a control freak. Basically, this position is career suicide

Comment

It is my understanding that the club has no money to pay for a DOC as this time, they have been asking someone to come on board as a volunteer for at least one year before requiring a salary. Pretty much limits your options to young guys or internal candidates. This club really should of held onto Tobin, they have been in turmoil ever since he left.

Comment

Al Sousa has been removed from his position as interim DOC as Dunedin, too many parents were complaining about his attitude.

Comment

Al Sousa has been removed from his position as interim DOC as Dunedin, too many parents were complaining about his attitude.
              All two parents left complained ...wow.

Comment

Yea, because Dunedin BOD is well known for its quick and decisive action based on the parent's complaints. That is well documented here. LMFAO!

Comment

Eddie Loewen is new DOC

Comment

Eddie Loewen is new DOC
                    Isn't he the guy that caused Everton Raiders to fold?

Comment

Everton Raiders did not fold, Just allowed the dirty laundry to wash away. Now Dunedin gets the laundry to run thru their machine.

Comment

wasn't EL at Strictly?

Comment

No, Tony Paris is the guy that caused Everton to fold. Tony is and was the DOC at Everton/VSI/NE Raiders and conned the board into signing him to a long team contract, that he suggested and then he decided to stop working and stopped putting any effort into the club, but yet still pick up his very nice salary. Eddie was a coach that was the only reason they had any decent teams come out of there. Eddie was the one that was the hustler at getting teams to stick together and not leave the club. Then Tony decided not to pay him, so he rightly left. This, in my opinion, was a very good hire by Dunedin. He is motivated, a very good coach, a little too much of a yeller (hopefully he will mellow a little), great connections in the game and he is young enough to make something happen there.

Comment

No that would be Tony Paris

Comment

No, Tony Paris is the guy that caused Everton to fold. Tony is and was the DOC at Everton/VSI/NE Raiders and conned the board into signing him to a long team contract, that he suggested and then he decided to stop working and stopped putting any effort into the club, but yet still pick up his very nice salary. Eddie was a coach that was the only reason they had any decent teams come out of there. Eddie was the one that was the hustler at getting teams to stick together and not leave the club. Then Tony decided not to pay him, so he rightly left. This, in my opinion, was a very good hire by Dunedin. He is motivated, a very good coach, a little too much of a yeller (hopefully he will mellow a little), great connections in the game and he is young enough to make something happen there.
                              You should add that he doesn't support girls programs, and has been very vocal in the past about girls soccer being a waste of resources. He has no experience running a club, Dunedin took him on because he accepted a low salary and they had very little interest in the DOC position because the President of the club is very difficult to work with, as you can see by the historical drop in competitive numbers since he took over as President. More than likely this will be a band-aid, you will see some decent boys teams if Eddie involves himself in the training, the girls program will continue to spiral down, since Eddie really has no interest in training girl teams. Give it two years and either Dunedin will be merged with WFF, or a whole new regime will have taken over the club and they will be trying to fix the damages that have been done for the past year.

Comment

You should add that he doesn't support girls programs, and has been very vocal in the past about girls soccer being a waste of resources. He has no experience running a club, Dunedin took him on because he accepted a low salary and they had very little interest in the DOC position because the President of the club is very difficult to work with, as you can see by the historical drop in competitive numbers since he took over as President. More than likely this will be a band-aid, you will see some decent boys teams if Eddie involves himself in the training, the girls program will continue to spiral down, since Eddie really has no interest in training girl teams. Give it two years and either Dunedin will be merged with WFF, or a whole new regime will have taken over the club and they will be trying to fix the damages that have been done for the past year.
                                the biggest issue is that he has always been a coach, he has never run a soccer program and was basically a high school player so little game experience

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X