•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel bad for his cats, if he has cats

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I just don't understand the first part of your post. Who was receiving money at the HS level to play? and who ever said that HS play was great? yes, there are some good teams, but they are comprised of club players. that's what makes them any good at all.
      I meant that they received really good money to play at Flagler and their highest level of experience was playing HS soccer....

Comment

As a former player at this program I can easily say that AMis not a good man. I am not a player that is bitter about playing time I started and played in every match besides when I was hurt. When AM took over in the spring all of the girls were excited and believed in him as a coach. As the fall came around things changed dramatically. He was not the same coach as e was in the spring season. He cut most of all the players Teddy Meyer recruited except the older ones because he knows they will be leaving soon. He has no games scheduled for this coming spring season because he cut too many players and can barely field a team. And he is trying to rebuild a program? He cut me and my minutes would show I played more than most people, also he cut his top goal scorer and he is trying to win games? The players he cut this fall were good academically and clearly did their parts on the field. I can say from personal experience that if your daughter becomes one of his "favorites" she may have a good exeprience. If your daughter is not one of his favorites then she will be cast off as if she means nothing to the team no matter what he said to get you to come the school. I can also say I am not bitter at the man, if anything he did me a favor by cutting me. I should thank him because I woll no longer be miserable while playing soccer. I completey lost my passion for the game because of this man. I am not discouraging anyone to go to this school because I am still returning to flagler not leaving even after my cut. My only advice would be make sure you love the school with or without soccer because he has cut more than half of a team and no one is an exception.

Comment

Did AM touch you?

Comment

I meant that they received really good money to play at Flagler and their highest level of experience was playing HS soccer....
            they got athletic money based on their HS playing? Not surprising if the coach follows HS, and is picking up kids from those schools that won state championships, and as I always believe, those same schools must be loaded down with club players. no other way for a HS to get to that level.

Comment

I think that the value of the forum is sharing information, especially when it comes to coaches' clubs and programs. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone is entitled share them. Of course we all know that soccer is full of only the good and righteous people, correct? I say keep the info coming...
              Sharing information is never a bad thing unless you do not substantiate the info.
              If you wish to share info, then state your reasons why you feel the way you do. Hopefully you can state facts vs opinions. Be specific in your bashing

Comment

Should never have had listed a person's name. Wrong thing to do. Say you were wrong in your angry rant. You have put it up their forever.

Comment

Want to start out first by saying that Flagler College wasn’t ever mentioned on this site until they changed the head coach and player’s got cut.. What does that say about the people bashing this new coach and school ? It’s very obvious they are can only blaming the school and new coach ..

All of you bitter parents and players are wrong

I have seen this team play and Teddy’s recruits over the last two classes were awful soccer players for this level. IMO , They had no speed, None had a first touch.. let alone know what to do with a ball during a game or certain situations I saw them all first-hand play, I love teddy and is a great guy but never could I figure out what he saw with these players and how they were offered scholarships’ to play. I saw better 15-16 year old girl club players then this girls coming to play college soccer , They were great girls and students but not college soccer players to be playing at this level of Div 2 soccer. Let alone in the Peach Belt Conference that they play in has solid programs year in and year out thru out this conference when it comes to Women’s soccer . They always has serval teams in DIV 2 National tournament every year not just conference champ. As for AM . When he took over the 2014 Spring season he informed all players that this was their chance to try out again. They all had to prove them self to him on their ability to play and commitment for the program. After spring they were all told individually of what their roll would be and what they need to improve on for next season. If they didn’t like what they heard at that time then they should have left then. Some were told after spring that it wasn’t going work for them. The others who remained knew what was needed on their part to be part of the team for the following season. There is not any guaranty on your scholarship offer when you first accept. It’s a yearly. ( Read it) So every year you have to prove yourself and earn top keep what you have been offered. There wasn’t any favorites here , you have to earn the respect of your coach. To say that your guaranty over 4 years is incorrect. I saw a tremendous overall improvement with the 2014 team, there conditioning was far more than they ever got with past coaches, and learning what how their new coach wanted them to play for 2014. He didn’t pasty the non-conference schedule this last season like it was years past. Rollins, UNV Tamps, Barry.. All National tournament teams. His attitude about playing non-conference competitive teams makes your overall record not look so good. But IMO makes you a better team overall playing tougher competition

The girls who are no longer on the team after last season shouldn’t be surprised , if you saw them play then you know what I am seeing. I was only surprised by one of them not being asked to return. But I heard she was already considering transferring anyway. but that’s my opinion. None of them were starters , some may have started games but none played entire games. Or was close to in minutes to be consider a starter. IMO - None were leading scores – if you consider a player making a total of 4 goals for the season as a leading soccer then that’s what the whole problem is to begin with. The team lacked a true striker and someone who wanted to score and knows how to create opportunities to score. As for the parent on this site who loves to be bashing/ blaming the new Coach AM. Sorry that your daughter got cut but he’s not to blame. You as a parent need to explain to your daughter that life is full of disappointments and how you handle and advise your daughter how to react and overcome these disappointment in life is what matters. To come on sites like this and bash and blame another person shows your short coming as a parent let alone as a person. This is one of the best privates schools in Florida for the cost and location. Remember you daughter going to college is AND SHOULD BE ! about getting an education first not playing soccer. Playing college soccer or just being a part of a team associated with your school is a privilege not an entitlement.
                  Last edited by whynotu; 01-06-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whynotu View Post
                    Want to start out first by saying that Flagler College wasn’t ever mentioned on this site until they changed the head coach and player’s got cut.. What does that say about the people bashing this new coach and school ? It’s very obvious they are can only blaming the school and new coach ..

All of you bitter parents and players are wrong

I have seen this team play and Teddy’s recruits over the last two classes were awful soccer players for this level. IMO , They had no speed, None had a first touch.. let alone know what to do with a ball during a game or certain situations I saw them all first-hand play, I love teddy and is a great guy but never could I figure out what he saw with these players and how they were offered scholarships’ to play. I saw better 15-16 year old girl club players then this girls coming to play college soccer , They were great girls and students but not college soccer players to be playing at this level of Div 2 soccer. Let alone in the Peach Belt Conference that they play in has solid programs year in and year out thru out this conference when it comes to Women’s soccer . They always has serval teams in DIV 2 National tournament every year not just conference champ. As for AM . When he took over the 2014 Spring season he informed all players that this was their chance to try out again. They all had to prove them self to him on their ability to play and commitment for the program. After spring they were all told individually of what their roll would be and what they need to improve on for next season. If they didn’t like what they heard at that time then they should have left then. Some were told after spring that it wasn’t going work for them. The others who remained knew what was needed on their part to be part of the team for the following season. There is not any guaranty on your scholarship offer when you first accept. It’s a yearly. ( Read it) So every year you have to prove yourself and earn top keep what you have been offered. There wasn’t any favorites here , you have to earn the respect of your coach. To say that your guaranty over 4 years is incorrect. I saw a tremendous overall improvement with the 2014 team, there conditioning was far more than they ever got with past coaches, and learning what how their new coach wanted them to play for 2014. He didn’t pasty the non-conference schedule this last season like it was years past. Rollins, UNV Tamps, Barry.. All National tournament teams. His attitude about playing non-conference competitive teams makes your overall record not look so good. But IMO makes you a better team overall playing tougher competition

The girls who are no longer on the team after last season shouldn’t be surprised , if you saw them play then you know what I am seeing. I was only surprised by one of them not being asked to return. But I heard she was already considering transferring anyway. but that’s my opinion. None of them were starters , some may have started games but none played entire games. Or was close to in minutes to be consider a starter. IMO - None were leading scores – if you consider a player making a total of 4 goals for the season as a leading soccer then that’s what the whole problem is to begin with. The team lacked a true striker and someone who wanted to score and knows how to create opportunities to score. As for the parent on this site who loves to be bashing/ blaming the new Coach AM. Sorry that your daughter got cut but he’s not to blame. You as a parent need to explain to your daughter that life is full of disappointments and how you handle and advise your daughter how to react and overcome these disappointment in life is what matters. To come on sites like this and bash and blame another person shows your short coming as a parent let alone as a person. This is one of the best privates schools in Florida for the cost and location. Remember you daughter going to college is AND SHOULD BE ! about getting an education first not playing soccer. Playing college soccer or just being a part of a team associated with your school is a privilege not an entitlement.

Thanks Mom!

Signed
                    Ashley Martin

Comment

Truth hurts -

LOL... if you only knew who this is..

Is that the best you can respond with ? and to think it's AM is responding shows you really don't know him or even have a clue who wrote this ?

Remember he didn't offer any of the players that were cut scholarships or let alone recruit them ? So he's the bad guy when the players didn't make the cut. Can't wait for these people to graduate and try to find jobs in the real world. And when they don't get it , they can get there parents or have them sleeves to go on the internet and blame / Bash the company for not hiring them. This is life people ! Grow up ! Learn to be a better person ! Move on ! Don't use excuse when things don't go your way, Learn from this experience

You people are so bitter.. it's so sad when you hear the truth. And you can't get over it and move on.

Every additional response that's keeps coming Just proves my point what I saying above and my previous post about this School and New coach.

Lets see what else you people have to say ?

Comment

I understand he also nailed your wife's head to a coffee table?

Comment

Is that the best you can respond with ? and to think it's AM is responding shows you really don't know him or even have a clue who wrote this ?

Remember he didn't offer any of the players that were cut scholarships or let alone recruit them ? So he's the bad guy when the players didn't make the cut. Can't wait for these people to graduate and try to find jobs in the real world. And when they don't get it , they can get there parents or have them sleeves to go on the internet and blame / Bash the company for not hiring them. This is life people ! Grow up ! Learn to be a better person ! Move on ! Don't use excuse when things don't go your way, Learn from this experience

You people are so bitter.. it's so sad when you hear the truth. And you can't get over it and move on.

Every additional response that's keeps coming Just proves my point what I saying above and my previous post about this School and New coach.

Totally agree with you. 100 percent!

Comment

I understand he also nailed your wife's head to a coffee table?
                            I understand that he nailed his wife....period

Comment

If you graduated from Flagler, we can see the kind of education that is provided by that instituation based on your lack of english/speaking/typing skills.

Oh and FYI...I didn't say it was AM in my response, I said it was AM's Mom - you see I made a joke out of your post defending AM. I chose to be funny, not to say that I actually believed it was his mom - lol. In doing this I was trying to lighten the mood somewhat because everyone has a strong opinion on this topic and this coach, and none of the posters here are likely to change their minds based on posts on a message board. In other words - lighten up Francis!

Comment

I understand that he nailed his wife....period
                                Maybe you're too young, obviously that went right over your head. So here's the correct response; "Well he did do that, yeah. He was a hard man. Vicious but fair."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X