Lakeland FC Girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next season the Plant City players that went to Dynamo for the free ride will head to Lakeland, this will elevate the level of play in some age groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Next season the Plant City players that went to Dynamo for the free ride will head to Lakeland, this will elevate the level of play in some age groups.
      Have you actually spoken to any of the parents with the "free rides" and ask them if that's true? If you did you would know that isn't true... Maybe you can then fall back on the real reason... Your kid lost out to a kid with more passion for the game and not just because you make them go out there and pay for tournaments. Money can't buy heart and desire... Get some and STFU

Comment

Have you actually spoken to any of the parents with the "free rides" and ask them if that's true? If you did you would know that isn't true... Maybe you can then fall back on the real reason... Your kid lost out to a kid with more passion for the game and not just because you make them go out there and pay for tournaments. Money can't buy heart and desire... Get some and STFU
        My kid is one of the Plant City players with a free ride and with the Fishhawk takeover I know that Lakeland will be a better option for my kid. You keep paying them, I'll take the free ride at Lakeland. Thank you for paying, without you I would have to actually pay the costly registration fee for my kids this season, but I like free better. Sorry my kid plays while yours rides the bench, it's funny sometimes to watch your reaction when this happens. You should try hard to get on the BOD at the FH so your kid will get some playing time on the second team.

Comment

So funny, you are hysterical. LMAO! No kid "loses out" at Dynamo, there is nothing there of any value. Great sense of humor :)

Comment

My kid is one of the Plant City players with a free ride and with the Fishhawk takeover I know that Lakeland will be a better option for my kid. You keep paying them, I'll take the free ride at Lakeland. Thank you for paying, without you I would have to actually pay the costly registration fee for my kids this season, but I like free better. Sorry my kid plays while yours rides the bench, it's funny sometimes to watch your reaction when this happens. You should try hard to get on the BOD at the FH so your kid will get some playing time on the second team.
            Ok, that's what I thought... Another misinformed liar hiding behind a keyboard making stuff up. Does Dynamo provide limo service for you too so you get to practice? Yeah, really believe you are plant city parent... Idiot

Comment

is it true they are going to combine the 16's with 17's?
              Yes, AA is going to combine the U16 and U17 girls teams for State Cup.

Comment

You know you really got problems when you answer yourself back.....Everyone knows there are NO free rides at Dynamo. The current regime made sure of that. The best you got was a partial ride and if you didn't pay the your part the only kid that would have been ridin the bench would have been yours. And to even think Lakeland was a better option than ANY club proves you have some serious problems. You seriously need to pay some attention to the bottles of medication sitting next to you labeled Xanax and Lithium. I know your doctor told you that it does you no good if you don't take it "as prescribed".

Comment

Who are you trying to fool and why? Dynamo was the arm pit of soccer clubs in the area, no CDL, no FSPL, nothing but USA league and a few teams playing CDL under the almost nonexistent Sarasota club. Is the 75 min drive to "home" games worth it to you? Plenty of free rides "bribes" to get players to play for Dynamo, We will take them at Lakeland.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    is it true they are going to combine the 16's with 17's?
                    what a joke

Comment

As a parent, I'm more concerned about what the club is going to do about retaining players and also attracting outside talent.

Comment

As a parent, I'm more concerned about what the club is going to do about retaining players and also attracting outside talent.
                        Attracting outside talent???? How about develop from within!!!!

Comment

Attracting outside talent???? How about develop from within!!!!
                          huh, in case you haven't been paying attention....when the top girls start to develop they go elsewhere to play. Maybe if you did recruit some outside talent the really good ones wouldn't flee for a better team and league.

Comment

huh, in case you haven't been paying attention....when the top girls start to develop they go elsewhere to play. Maybe if you did recruit some outside talent the really good ones wouldn't flee for a better team and league.
                            Instead of only developing one or two top players, how about develop an entire team of top players. If the training is sooo good they will stay and not leave.

Comment

Instead of only developing one or two top players, how about develop an entire team of top players. If the training is sooo good they will stay and not leave.
                              Yes, for the past few years (at least 5 years), we have seen what some would consider top players from their respective age groups leave to other clubs. This has caused some teams to have to rebuild the following seasons. There needs to be a combination of developing players and also recruiting players. The recruitment of players will provide support for those developing players as well as assist in further development. I’m sure there are other reasons for players to leave, but if they feel they could no longer further their development within the team/club they will seek other opportunities. I do not see the club singling out a player or two to develop because it doesn’t benefit the team/club. It takes the players to step up and seek that further development. This includes additional training, skills training, and something as simple as watching soccer on TV. In my opinion, coaches need to start holding players and parents accountable. The club need to have true tryouts.

The hardest part is recruiting players. In order to do so, the club/teams need to consistently perform at a level that will attract those players that live 30-60 minutes away. If there is no consistency, those players would not return the following season. This also requires additional coaches and trainers to support these teams. The touchy part of player recruitment is that it would cause a “tenured” player to lose playing time and/or a spot on the team. What most players and parents don’t understand about this is that it creates internal competition and in return development of players.

Comment

Yes, for the past few years (at least 5 years), we have seen what some would consider top players from their respective age groups leave to other clubs. This has caused some teams to have to rebuild the following seasons. There needs to be a combination of developing players and also recruiting players. The recruitment of players will provide support for those developing players as well as assist in further development. I’m sure there are other reasons for players to leave, but if they feel they could no longer further their development within the team/club they will seek other opportunities. I do not see the club singling out a player or two to develop because it doesn’t benefit the team/club. It takes the players to step up and seek that further development. This includes additional training, skills training, and something as simple as watching soccer on TV. In my opinion, coaches need to start holding players and parents accountable. The club need to have true tryouts.

The hardest part is recruiting players. In order to do so, the club/teams need to consistently perform at a level that will attract those players that live 30-60 minutes away. If there is no consistency, those players would not return the following season. This also requires additional coaches and trainers to support these teams. The touchy part of player recruitment is that it would cause a “tenured” player to lose playing time and/or a spot on the team. What most players and parents don’t understand about this is that it creates internal competition and in return development of players.
                                I feel for you. I can tell your heart is in the right place, but you're kidding yourself. Lakeland is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Literally. Think about the geography of what you're saying. Any decent players living 30 - 60 minutes away, would also be 30 - 60 minutes away from the top clubs in either Tampa or Orlando. Trust me, I drive my kid almost 60 minutes in the other direction through traffic to get to a top club. It would be an easier drive for me to go to Lakeland, but the decision is still a no-brainer. I'd drive 2 hrs away from Lakeland to play for a decent club. Sorry to have to break it to you, but nobody is going to drive an hour to Lakeland if they're closer to Orlando or Tampa. You need to embrace the idea of being the best Region Cup level club you can and don't try to compete with the big clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X