Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am not from the Brandon area. Which team is the better team? Blue or Yellow. Is one the A team vs. the B team? Looks like they both got spanked in Disney, however, looks like yellow is playing up to U14. Anyone with more info?
    I think it was the first team(blue), that lost in the finals at the Disney International Tournament back in July.

Comment

I am not from the Brandon area. Which team is the better team? Blue or Yellow. Is one the A team vs. the B team? Looks like they both got spanked in Disney, however, looks like yellow is playing up to U14. Anyone with more info?
      Blue is first team and yellow is second. The team playing U13 is the U12 A team. The team playing U14 is the U14 B team.

Comment

Who won the Disney Memorial Day tournament? Not Blue. How do you know how effective are they on the big field? What facts or myths are you basing your assumptions on?
        I think you got your answer about the big field! 0-2 0-12

Comment

get a life people

Comment

Originally posted by Unregis View Post
            Yes you're right. If we had only listened to you. Come coach our team and be our club's DOC, you could even been our team mom. Being so very smart I know you won't forget to bring the orange slices. Anon TS poster or should we call you Aristotle?

Comment

The BAYSL team that got spanked on the big field was the U12 team playing up to U13. Know your facts before shooting your mouth off.

Originally posted by Unregis View Post

Comment

Yep...all politics in BAYSL.

Didn't the doctor get his kid moved to the A team?

Comment

Disappointed

I am a parent on the current U-13 Boys Yellow team at BAYSL and I am disappointed with this communication chain that I just stumbled upon. Brandon is blessed with 30 strong players at the age group. They are divided as follows:

1st team: Blue (Plays Florida State League and CDL and will play State Cup)
                  2nd team: Yellow (Plays USA Division 2 and will play Division 1 Region Cup)
                  3rd team: White (Plays USA Division 3 and will play Division 2 Region Cup)

The Blue team is clearly the better U-13 team -- they have the better athletes (with a couple exceptions) and a few of their players have extraordinary vision of the field that help the team play possession soccer. The Yellow team also has many players that are passionate for the game with good footskills; however, they are generally smaller/slower and can fall into playing kickball with bigger opponents. When Yellow plays a control game, they can hang with the better teams in the state but when they play kickball, they lose to weak teams. Yellow also experienced a rash of injuries early this season with 5 of their top 8 players going down injured.

Blue and Yellow have had friendly scrimmages during practice and the Yellow team matches up well with them. Likely due to comfort, Yellow usually plays more confident with the ball and therefore performs better than you would expect. Of the last three friendly scrimmages between teams, I think the scores were 2-1, 6-0, and 2-2 (Blue scores shown first). These are not true scores as they were teaching sessions and players were rotated. In a true game with meaning, Blue would probably be a 4-goal favorite.

The truth is Yellow is competing favorably against the first teams at most clubs; however, they are not currently a State Cup team.

There are also likely players on the Yellow team that can compete at the Blue team level and players from Blue that would develop better on Yellow -- thats soccer.

Go BAYSL!

Comment

I am a parent on the current U-13 Boys Yellow team at BAYSL and I am disappointed with this communication chain that I just stumbled upon. Brandon is blessed with 30 strong players at the age group. They are divided as follows:

1st team: Blue (Plays Florida State League and CDL and will play State Cup)
                    2nd team: Yellow (Plays USA Division 2 and will play Division 1 Region Cup)
                    3rd team: White (Plays USA Division 3 and will play Division 2 Region Cup)

The Blue team is clearly the better U-13 team -- they have the better athletes (with a couple exceptions) and a few of their players have extraordinary vision of the field that help the team play possession soccer. The Yellow team also has many players that are passionate for the game with good footskills; however, they are generally smaller/slower and can fall into playing kickball with bigger opponents. When Yellow plays a control game, they can hang with the better teams in the state but when they play kickball, they lose to weak teams. Yellow also experienced a rash of injuries early this season with 5 of their top 8 players going down injured.

Blue and Yellow have had friendly scrimmages during practice and the Yellow team matches up well with them. Likely due to comfort, Yellow usually plays more confident with the ball and therefore performs better than you would expect. Of the last three friendly scrimmages between teams, I think the scores were 2-1, 6-0, and 2-2 (Blue scores shown first). These are not true scores as they were teaching sessions and players were rotated. In a true game with meaning, Blue would probably be a 4-goal favorite.

The truth is Yellow is competing favorably against the first teams at most clubs; however, they are not currently a State Cup team.

There are also likely players on the Yellow team that can compete at the Blue team level and players from Blue that would develop better on Yellow -- thats soccer.

Go BAYSL!
                    What is so disturbing about this?????????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X