Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a 2 year (going on 3) barca parent...i would definitely like to save the $3000 yr just to travel to practice.
    But to you has what your kid got better than you would have gotten with your local town team or big name academy... has it been worth the trip

Comment

As a 2 year (going on 3) barca parent...i would definitely like to save the $3000 yr just to travel to practice.
      How in the world are you spending $3,000 a year traveling to practice?

Comment

Barca Field Update !!!!!!!

But to you has what your kid got better than you would have gotten with your local town team or big name academy... has it been worth the trip
        i have no clue.....but my kid is happy where he is...so that is that. (If he was not happy, perhaps I would have an answer).

Comment

How in the world are you spending $3,000 a year traveling to practice?
          from eastern suffolk to central nassau (ball park $3k easy)

Comment

that's a lot.

i guess if you are going through a tank of gas per week on a large (ish) suv. then it is easily 3k.

Comment

Love the sarcasm!! These idiots think Barca parents care about the fields being built. We care about the great training Barca provides. Everything else is secondary!
              thank you. my kid will be amazing once the fields are ready, and then even more amazinger once the buidings get built, and then the mostest amazingist when the locker rooms and classrooms are created.

for now we will just have to settle for great training and focused (on the kids, not on their cell phones) coaches. oh well.... :(

Comment

thank you. my kid will be amazing once the fields are ready, and then even more amazinger once the buidings get built, and then the mostest amazingist when the locker rooms and classrooms are created.

for now we will just have to settle for great training and focused (on the kids, not on their cell phones) coaches. oh well.... :(
                dont forget the natatorium!!!!!!!!!

Comment

dont forget the natatorium!!!!!!!!!
                  yes!!! actually that is pretty cool.

Comment

yes!!! actually that is pretty cool.
                    for the ignorant dumb_ss barca haters out there a "natatorium" is an indoor pool.

Comment

for the ignorant dumb_ss barca haters out there a "natatorium" is an indoor pool.
                      You mean your not talking about the old porta-potty at the Kings Park site? That’s the closest thing to indoor anything there.

Comment

You mean your not talking about the old porta-potty at the Kings Park site? That’s the closest thing to indoor anything there.
                        very funny...wait till 10 years when barca has a wonderful facility built!!!! :)

Comment

Uh, no. Math is hard. You would be saving about 15 miles each way, let's say 3 times a week. That's 90 miles a week. Any modern car is going to get at least 20mpg on the highway so that's 4.5 gallons of gas a week. 52 weeks a year is about 235 gallons. At $3 a gallon you are talking a little over $700 a year.

Comment

Uh, no. Math is hard. You would be saving about 15 miles each way, let's say 3 times a week. That's 90 miles a week. Any modern car is going to get at least 20mpg on the highway so that's 4.5 gallons of gas a week. 52 weeks a year is about 235 gallons. At $3 a gallon you are talking a little over $700 a year.
                            what F_CKING highway on long Island are you getting 20 miles a gallon on??????????????...I will never forget the quote in my college statistics textbook "figures never lie...but liars always figure" :)

Comment

what F_CKING highway on long Island are you getting 20 miles a gallon on??????????????...I will never forget the quote in my college statistics textbook "figures never lie...but liars always figure" :)
                              I drive half of the length of the island every single day and average over 30mpg.

Comment

I drive half of the length of the island every single day and average over 30mpg.
                                My daily work commute is all hwy miles and I average 24 mpg. All of Barcas fields are right off the hwy. So all the other poster learned in college statistics was a stupid quote that is not factual.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X