Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More proof da isn't working

So the USMNT lost again - Jamaica, this time... and I have to say that once more, in agreement with Taylor Twellman - the current methods, structure, and system in place of Developmental Academy is not working. Every player on the USMNT went through the DA system and our men's program is a joke.

Klinsman and USA soccer made a mistake and now USA soccer needs to recognize and blow this thing up.

Originally posted by Selfie King View Post
    So the USMNT lost again - Jamaica, this time... and I have to say that once more, in agreement with Taylor Twellman - the current methods, structure, and system in place of Developmental Academy is not working. Every player on the USMNT went through the DA system and our men's program is a joke.

Klinsman and USA soccer made a mistake and now USA soccer needs to recognize and blow this thing up.
    A friendly?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A friendly?
      U20's look good.

Comment

why change if business (aka making $$$) is good?...fyi, no changes will be made.

Comment

A friendly?
          If I recall - they didn't qualify for the WC either! Friendly or not - with our soccer structure and numbers, how can we lose to a team like Jamaica the entire population of 2.9 million when we have 5x the resources & players????

Comment

If I recall - they didn't qualify for the WC either! Friendly or not - with our soccer structure and numbers, how can we lose to a team like Jamaica the entire population of 2.9 million when we have 5x the resources & players????
            You do realize what the goal of a friendly is, right?

Comment

the US population is around 227 million!!!!.....we should've at least toyed with jamaica and win!!!

Comment

the US population is around 227 million!!!!.....we should've at least toyed with jamaica and win!!!
                Based on that metric the top teams in the world should be China and India....

Comment

Based on that metric the top teams in the world should be China and India....
                  I understand what the OP is saying here - the DA system was put into place 12 years ago and in that time the National Team on the mens side (USMNT) has become less competitive and has not improved over the way the old USA Soccer structure was built. Facts are facts - the DA system has not seen an increase in the competitive ability or increased the USMNT, that can't be debated.

Yes, it was a friendly - but as far as building confidence, rallying support for the USMNT, and the overall image of USA soccer, you can't lose to Jamaica - sorry - you cant lose in a friendly to the 56th ranked team (FIFA Rankings) when you are the 24th ranked team (USMNT) in the world.

in the last 4 years - the roster comprised primarily of DA players - the UMNT is just not competitive on the scale we should be. I can't disagree with the OP on this one... despite disagreeing with the Selfie King on every other post they have had to this point.

Comment

I understand what the OP is saying here - the DA system was put into place 12 years ago and in that time the National Team on the mens side (USMNT) has become less competitive and has not improved over the way the old USA Soccer structure was built. Facts are facts - the DA system has not seen an increase in the competitive ability or increased the USMNT, that can't be debated.

Yes, it was a friendly - but as far as building confidence, rallying support for the USMNT, and the overall image of USA soccer, you can't lose to Jamaica - sorry - you cant lose in a friendly to the 56th ranked team (FIFA Rankings) when you are the 24th ranked team (USMNT) in the world.

in the last 4 years - the roster comprised primarily of DA players - the UMNT is just not competitive on the scale we should be. I can't disagree with the OP on this one... despite disagreeing with the Selfie King on every other post they have had to this point.

I agree with everything except about the BS about rankings....rankings mean SH_T...they are strictly there for fans like us to create gossip....

Comment

I agree with everything except about the BS about rankings....rankings mean SH_T...they are strictly there for fans like us to create gossip....
                      Sure if you're arguing between which teams are ranked 26th and 29th. In this case it's a gulf-sized difference. And look at who stands ahead of us - multiple small countries with more limited resources and smaller populations. How do they do it? Having a true soccer culture, loads of free play in the younger years, minimal fees to play, professional clubs developing players, better coaching and an lead organization that is singularly focused on national success (not running a youth league).

Comment

Sure if you're arguing between which teams are ranked 26th and 29th. In this case it's a gulf-sized difference. And look at who stands ahead of us - multiple small countries with more limited resources and smaller populations. How do they do it? Having a true soccer culture, loads of free play in the younger years, minimal fees to play, professional clubs developing players, better coaching and an lead organization that is singularly focused on national success (not running a youth league).
                        If you are just looking to place....than rankings (or a higher/lower seed) matter. If you don't give a crap about rankings and want to win it all....then rankings don't matter.

Comment

Just another friendly...

0-3 so far to Venezuela... am I the only one other than Twellman who sees the massive flaws in this team?

Comment

0-3 so far to Venezuela... am I the only one other than Twellman who sees the massive flaws in this team?
                            I love how Twellman is talking about the importance of Altidore and Bradley saying “nobody else is ready to take those positions “. Are there two more over rated players in USMNT history other than Altidore and Bradley?

So much for DA developing players for the international level...

Comment

I love how Twellman is talking about the importance of Altidore and Bradley saying “nobody else is ready to take those positions “. Are there two more over rated players in USMNT history other than Altidore and Bradley?

So much for DA developing players for the international level...
                              But sure, GDA will definitely help keep the women ahead of the pack.

Enjoy the last WC win for USA for a very long time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X