Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Eagleclaw and Gunners get into ECNL. Two different clubs in terms of playing style and training, but clearly at the top of the PSPL in terms of quality of play. Teams from these two clubs can best any top teams in RCL. Eagleclaw is turning a lot of heads at their tryouts. Spanish coaches and scouts were onsite. Because of WYS and the closed-off RCL, it looks like the only way for Eagleclaw and Gunners to routinely take on Pac/SU/Eastside etc. is to join ECNL. I hope they do so quickly.
    There are few local tournaments Eagleclaw and Gunners can join that the
    ECNL teams will most likely attend this summer, Rainier and Crossfire Challenge.
    Have them sign for the top division and prove it. Talk is cheap.

Comment

Haha I highly doubt ECNL teams will play in Rainier Classic. The quality of that tournament has fallen so far.

Comment

ecnl is us club soccer

Haha I highly doubt ECNL teams will play in Rainier Classic. The quality of that tournament has fallen so far.
        My son is on a past DA team that is now ECNL and they have competed in the Rainier Challenge for the last couple of years. So that's one top level team Eagleclaw could compete against.

I agree with others that I like what Eagleclaw is doing and appreciate that they are trying a different model. However, it doesn't appear they are competitive against the highest level of teams in the state yet. Perhaps in a few years after the club grows more, they will be.

Comment

pretty sure you're right.. most of their teams are not even in the top pspl divisions. I do like their mission and think they are trying to develop good soccer though
          Does anyone here have inside scoop on Eagleclaw’s Valencia Discovery Program or have a child in the program? My son was at PacNW 05 tryouts while Eagleclaw’s were going on in Starfire stadium. I was at the top of the stadium so I could see both fields. One of the parents in the stands was talking about how the Valencia coaches were spending a lot of time talking to a 14 or 15 yr old boy and his parents. Sounded like direct recruiting. Never heard of foreign professional club coaches at tryouts in the Seattle area before. Is it like XFire’s Roma relationship and do Roma coaches come to XFire tryouts?

Comment

Rainier Classic or Snohomish Invitational?

Are ECNL teams going to either of these? Which is better historically or this year?

Comment

Rainer is typically better. Snohomish invitational has become a bit of a joke at least on the girls side.

Comment

I would agree with this. Eagleclaw has a really good training philosophy and mission. I would argue one of the best in the area that focuses on the individual and teaches kids intelligent soccer. They also run their classes and training like a business (My kid has taken some). It is highly professional, starts on time, great coaching. So much so that you will see many RCL A kids doing their extra training classes. With that being said they have the same small club problems as any newish/small club. Which is consistency of kids and selection pool. Contrast with Crossfire that just has to wake up and the selection pool of kids is at their doorstep. Once you are seen as a strong club parents are always wanting to bring their kid to the "strongest team", then kids get it in their head as well and viola, you have a success spiral up. I have seen many Eagleclaw teams play and they have a great style. I think if you are measuring by goals in a game though. An RCL A team would blow through them physically and you would see a huge score differential.
                Rcl div 1 is really weak . I don’t know where you get the idea it’s still a high standard ? The first teams are all DA which has left div 1 full of second teams . Who are quite honestly at a very poor standard .

Comment

Rcl div 1 is really weak . I don’t know where you get the idea it’s still a high standard ? The first teams are all DA which has left div 1 full of second teams . Who are quite honestly at a very poor standard .
                  Did you really mean to reply to that quote, which has no mention of RCL div 1 and doesn't use the term "standard" at all and was describing Eagleclaw's pros and cons. Or did you miss hit the quote button and actually meant to respond to another quote which mentions an RCL standard early in the thread. I can't quite follow your line of reasoning in response to that quote. Which leads me to believe your reading comprehension is quite honestly at a very poor standard. :)

Comment

Rainer is typically better. Snohomish invitational has become a bit of a joke at least on the girls side.
                    OK I have to rant about this. Sorry latest poster who decided to continue this type of response. Maybe you didn't mean it this way, maybe you did.

I see moronic parents describing tournaments and kids level of play, as " a joke" or "worthless" quite often on these forums. Personally I would use a different way of describing our community of soccer kids trying their best at a level of competition that suits them and having fun competing with friends. In no way is Snohomish a "joke" or Rainier Challenge or any other tournament for that matter. They all have different purposes and attract different levels of teams for various reasons. Note: I have no affiliation to anything Snohomish/Rainier related and am describing this method of communication across the board.

Most tournaments or games or leagues or whatever are not a joke for the majority of kids that play in them. In fact they are a great place to play at the level of soccer they desire or can compete at, in a similarly skilled environment. Kids on B,C,D,select teams are not a joke when they play, regardless of what idiots like this post. The kids on those teams typically are having a great time at these tournaments and its a valuable experience in their up bringing. If us parents would just get out of the way of our kids, a fair, fun, competitive tournaments will make our kids better people later in life. If we subscribe to your "it's a joke" mentality, then what are you really saying. You are basically saying all of the kid's play at these tournaments would be a joke. Except yours of course. Sure, you can complain about parking, or bathrooms etc. But the reality is a statement like this is being used to diminish kids that don't play on the top teams and it really shows how much of "a joke" the majority of parents who talk like this really are. Yes I know I am being a hypocrite calling parents who talk like this a joke, maybe they just need guidance at their level of intelligence where they can compete in a "think of". (Just not in Snohomish) :)

I am always amazed at the ignorant parents with a narrow view of the world and diminished intellectual capacity who keep ranking our kids in play like it's a "joke or not app", or think every game has to be the elitist best of the best of the best to be seen as not a joke. And I hate having to level set this, but no I am not a pissed of parent on a D team who thinks my kid should be on an A team. I am just as proud of my kid on the top team in their age bracket as well as my kid who just enjoys playing rec. I have kids at all levels of play and have been to the majority of tournaments from the "top" to the "joke". The pattern I see at all tournaments in state and out are typically the same. Kids having fun playing soccer with friends and parents being morons.

Comment

OK I have to rant about this. Sorry latest poster who decided to continue this type of response. Maybe you didn't mean it this way, maybe you did.

I see moronic parents describing tournaments and kids level of play, as " a joke" or "worthless" quite often on these forums. Personally I would use a different way of describing our community of soccer kids trying their best at a level of competition that suits them and having fun competing with friends. In no way is Snohomish a "joke" or Rainier Challenge or any other tournament for that matter. They all have different purposes and attract different levels of teams for various reasons. Note: I have no affiliation to anything Snohomish/Rainier related and am describing this method of communication across the board.

Most tournaments or games or leagues or whatever are not a joke for the majority of kids that play in them. In fact they are a great place to play at the level of soccer they desire or can compete at, in a similarly skilled environment. Kids on B,C,D,select teams are not a joke when they play, regardless of what idiots like this post. The kids on those teams typically are having a great time at these tournaments and its a valuable experience in their up bringing. If us parents would just get out of the way of our kids, a fair, fun, competitive tournaments will make our kids better people later in life. If we subscribe to your "it's a joke" mentality, then what are you really saying. You are basically saying all of the kid's play at these tournaments would be a joke. Except yours of course. Sure, you can complain about parking, or bathrooms etc. But the reality is a statement like this is being used to diminish kids that don't play on the top teams and it really shows how much of "a joke" the majority of parents who talk like this really are. Yes I know I am being a hypocrite calling parents who talk like this a joke, maybe they just need guidance at their level of intelligence where they can compete in a "think of". (Just not in Snohomish) :)

I am always amazed at the ignorant parents with a narrow view of the world and diminished intellectual capacity who keep ranking our kids in play like it's a "joke or not app", or think every game has to be the elitist best of the best of the best to be seen as not a joke. And I hate having to level set this, but no I am not a pissed of parent on a D team who thinks my kid should be on an A team. I am just as proud of my kid on the top team in their age bracket as well as my kid who just enjoys playing rec. I have kids at all levels of play and have been to the majority of tournaments from the "top" to the "joke". The pattern I see at all tournaments in state and out are typically the same. Kids having fun playing soccer with friends and parents being morons.
                      This folks, right here ^^^^ is on the money. You are 100% right and thank you for the reminder. Parents need to get out of the way and stop ruining the experience for the kids.

Comment

Did you really mean to reply to that quote, which has no mention of RCL div 1 and doesn't use the term "standard" at all and was describing Eagleclaw's pros and cons. Or did you miss hit the quote button and actually meant to respond to another quote which mentions an RCL standard early in the thread. I can't quite follow your line of reasoning in response to that quote. Which leads me to believe your reading comprehension is quite honestly at a very poor standard. :)
                        Obviously you do have a comprehension problem . The supposed A teams of rcl are the second teams of clubs who have left the RCl to join the DA or ENCL . Completely different leagues . Would you like me to say it again and slower just so you can understand it clearly ? The top players from certain clubs DO NOT PLAY IN RCL ... you are very welcome .

Comment

I think if you are measuring by goals in a game though. An RCL A team would blow through them physically and you would see a huge score differential.[/QUOTE]
                          Just to clarify that it was you who I was speaking to . Maybe you should proof read what you type before you open your mouth 😉

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Great post! I have a kid that plays up a year on a highest level team (DA/ECNL- not saying which, but one of these for the sake of anonymity) and is a top contributor and another that could be Premier, but mentally is Select and just wants to be laughing with friends as much as competing. There are clubs and leagues for both players and I go to it all. Nothing is a joke. And lest I remind you, some B teamers turn into A teamers and it can go the other way too. Keep underestimating what it takes to stay at the top by diminishing leagues and tournaments as “jokes” and you might end up on the side lines supporting your kids at what you call “jokes” soon. If you aren’t at least somewhat paranoid about the effort others are making, if you do not give others enough credit, in my experience you don’t stay winning (in anything).

Comment

My son and his friends will be the first to switch to Eagleclaw, if they are in ECNL. And we are the club champion PSPL super league. And do not tell what RCL 1 strong. Saw, played. Win by growth and physical strength

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X