• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#BePartOfIt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01urnYw7pNY&feature=youtu.be

More like #BePartedWithIt$$$

Comment

No coaches are listed for any of the age groups. Anyone have any information regarding who is coaching who?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        No coaches are listed for any of the age groups. Anyone have any information regarding who is coaching who?
        Very rare for clubs to list the coaches this early, and they do change later on as well.

Comment

I've seen that and it grates on me. Who is coaching is a factor, and there are times when decisions are made that are regretted after a coach change. Some parents have gone to clubs in MA specifically to follow a coach only to have it changed 2-3 times before the year is out.

We've been fortunate, but came close last year when a coach we thought we were going to have, who we really liked a lot, was changed. Fortunately, an even better coach was assigned.

From the clubs perspective, they will tell you they are all coaching the same philosophy and it shouldn't matter. They all say it, but I don't agree with it.

Comment

Last year, I remember the coaching assignments were listed on the tryout page before the actual tryout dates. We're still a month out, so hopefully they will be up sometime in the next few weeks. It does play a factor for some families on the fence between two clubs, or even when deciding whether to jump from travel to club at the younger ages. That said, each of my kids has had one instance where the coach listed at the time of tryouts changed before the year started (one was changed before we signed the contract, so not too much of a problem).

Comment

Interesting push to market and recruit. Not sure if it will increase the numbers for GDA. I know talking to several NPL parents they are and their kids are sticking with NPL because they still want to have the HS soccer availability. Some are very high profile / top level players for the 2003s player pool.

GDA has to be finding the same issues with getting players that Other GDA programs did... underestimated the impact that HS soccer is meaningful to most girls and they want to play and compete with their life long friends.

Comment

Play HS, don’t play HS. Have fun either way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X