•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New FC Barcelona Academy NY - the other one went off the rails

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so leave
    hard to leave when the kid is happy you know??!!

Comment

Nothing
      I would think they do something considering 15 kids of the first graduating class are playing college soccer. How many are playing in college at your town club? Actually, how many Long Island academies or town clubs have that many kids playing college soccer?

Comment

I would think they do something considering 15 kids of the first graduating class are playing college soccer. How many are playing in college at your town club? Actually, how many Long Island academies or town clubs have that many kids playing college soccer?
        So let me see if I understand you correctly. You believe because the these players played one year at Barca that's the reason they are playing college ball?

Comment

True, rarely see town club participants at id camps. Unless the coach happens to have a connection with that college because some do. Otherwise mostly DA's.

Comment

So let me see if I understand you correctly. You believe because the these players played one year at Barca that's the reason they are playing college ball?
            i am not the OP, just chiming in. My answer is NO. Barca provides something good to the players involved, however unless you are in that age 7 to 10 group starting out, more likely than not, you have those skills (or the beginnings of them) at that point.

Comment

i am not the OP, just chiming in. My answer is NO. Barca provides something good to the players involved, however unless you are in that age 7 to 10 group starting out, more likely than not, you have those skills (or the beginnings of them) at that point.
              You are incorrect and unless you actually have a College bound son at Barca why would you chime in without knowing facts. My College bound kid left another academy and came to Barca in hopes they could open doors that the other club couldn't. What I discovered was that Barca had unbelievably deep connections with so many coaches that they indeed open doors that otherwise would not have been open for my son. Many Coaches know Barca's style of play and are very intrigued by kids that have been developing in their system. Of course it will be better for the younger kids who will have many years of development with Barca but that does not mean that the kids who only had a year or two before College can't benefit.

Comment

You are incorrect and unless you actually have a College bound son at Barca why would you chime in without knowing facts. My College bound kid left another academy and came to Barca in hopes they could open doors that the other club couldn't. What I discovered was that Barca had unbelievably deep connections with so many coaches that they indeed open doors that otherwise would not have been open for my son. Many Coaches know Barca's style of play and are very intrigued by kids that have been developing in their system. Of course it will be better for the younger kids who will have many years of development with Barca but that does not mean that the kids who only had a year or two before College can't benefit.
                agreed - all i am saying is that a kids playing style or habits are sort of set by the time he is U15 and upwards or at the very least harder to be broken. good luck to your kid!

Comment

agreed - all i am saying is that a kids playing style or habits are sort of set by the time he is U15 and upwards or at the very least harder to be broken. good luck to your kid!
                  After 2 years with barcs....I see the barca system working when all the kids play within the system...take the kid who graduates HS and plays in college....The kid is the only one who knows and plays the "barca way" in college....he then becomes useless....unfortunately barca does not teach individual skills.

Comment

After 2 years with barcs....I see the barca system working when all the kids play within the system...take the kid who graduates HS and plays in college....The kid is the only one who knows and plays the "barca way" in college....he then becomes useless....unfortunately barca does not teach individual skills.
                    How can a kid playing the Barca way become useless when two of the many things Barca teaches is how to keep possession and make quick calculated passes. That ability is useful no matter what system the kids has to play in when he is in College. I don't know of any club who teaches individual skills without paying extra for it. Individual skills is something each player has to do on his own. Whether its a personal trainer or group classes. Do you really expect Barca to teach 400 plus players how to dribble the ball better.

Comment

How can a kid playing the Barca way become useless when two of the many things Barca teaches is how to keep possession and make quick calculated passes. That ability is useful no matter what system the kids has to play in when he is in College. I don't know of any club who teaches individual skills without paying extra for it. Individual skills is something each player has to do on his own. Whether its a personal trainer or group classes. Do you really expect Barca to teach 400 plus players how to dribble the ball better.
                      "Barca teaches is how to keep possession and make quick calculated passes"...its that easy huh? theres more to it than this.....I guess you let the barca secrete out...nice......idiot.

Comment

"Barca teaches is how to keep possession and make quick calculated passes"...its that easy huh? theres more to it than this.....I guess you let the barca secrete out...nice......idiot.
                        The idiot is you. I clearly stated that "two of the many things they teach" which if you understood English means they teach other things as well but I only focused on two.

Furthermore, this is no secret. If you are a current parent, someone whose kid went to a try out or anyone who follows Barca you would know this already. They are vocal regarding their methodology moron.

Comment

The idiot is you. I clearly stated that "two of the many things they teach" which if you understood English means they teach other things as well but I only focused on two.

Furthermore, this is no secret. If you are a current parent, someone whose kid went to a try out or anyone who follows Barca you would know this already. They are vocal regarding their methodology moron.
                          wah, wah, wah...would you like some cheese with that whine?

Comment

wah, wah, wah...would you like some cheese with that whine?
                            Says the troll when he has no valid points. Move on and let the adults post.

Comment

His son is one of the top players on the team. Get a clue.
                              Not even close, but ok. Son was good 2 years ago before real players came in.

Comment

The one-two years under this system and the connections they have with college coaches is a a big part of why they have so many playing in college. They do a lot of work for the kids and get them the exposure needed. The move to Barca has been great for my kid. Everyone has different needs and expectations. If you are interested in what they do you should reach out and see for yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X