Boys ECNL coming to Washington

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rcl is still going . The DA and encl has basically killed any respect it once had though . Div1 is about the same as pspl premier now . The divisions below it is select level at best .

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So does that mean those 6 clubs won't have teams in the RCL? or will their 2nd and 3rd teams will be competing in the RCL?
      SU is staying in RCL. The second team (Tango) & other premier level teams will still play in RCL based on what was told to parents at the recent ECNL Info night.

Comment

boys ecnl comign to washington

What's the word on whether xf is doing both ecnl and DA, or just ecnl? Their site states that they are doing both with the top teams in DA and the 2nd ones in ecnl. I've heard rumors that it's only the high school age that is doing both and the lower ages are ecnl only, but it's not clear from their site what the plan is.

Comment

What's the word on whether xf is doing both ecnl and DA, or just ecnl? Their site states that they are doing both with the top teams in DA and the 2nd ones in ecnl. I've heard rumors that it's only the high school age that is doing both and the lower ages are ecnl only, but it's not clear from their site what the plan is.
          From what I heard, they will do DA to U14. After U14, it will be ECNL U15-18.
          The goal is to get on the Sounders for most boys. If you can't get on the Sounders
          by U14, then you are pretty much done. Then, what's the point of DA if your boy can't
          make it to a MLS team? YNT? Fat chance. So, college is the goal and playing in HS.
          Probably goes with the rumor that MLS teams are going to drop DA.
          But I am sure that XF will have an information night coming up soon in April.
          Let's see if the rumors are correct or not. :)

Comment

From what I heard, they will do DA to U14. After U14, it will be ECNL U15-18.
            The goal is to get on the Sounders for most boys. If you can't get on the Sounders
            by U14, then you are pretty much done. Then, what's the point of DA if your boy can't
            make it to a MLS team? YNT? Fat chance. So, college is the goal and playing in HS.
            Probably goes with the rumor that MLS teams are going to drop DA.
            But I am sure that XF will have an information night coming up soon in April.
            Let's see if the rumors are correct or not. :)
            But if xf do DA up to u14, who will they play against? One team announced they're out at their information night this past week, and I'm guessing others will follow?

Comment

I just love the RCL elitists out here. Keep showing your asses, keyboard warriors. Go ask mommy for play time outside of the basement.

Comment

I just love the RCL elitists out here. Keep showing your asses, keyboard warriors. Go ask mommy for play time outside of the basement.
                So, you didn't get that promotion to head fry cook from Chick-fil-A?
                Damn elitists! Just b/c you graduated from Wazzu after 9 years in college.
                Oops! I just showed my privilege.

Comment

Washington Premier is out of DA?

Comment

So, you didn't get that promotion to head fry cook from Chick-fil-A?
                    Damn elitists! Just b/c you graduated from Wazzu after 9 years in college.
                    Oops! I just showed my privilege.
                    You won’t be winning any awards with that terrible humor . Is English your second
                    Language ?

Comment

I wonder what motivates people to be so arrogant

I've seen many posts through the years to the tune of:

"RCL is the best there is and all the rest are a bunch of money grabbers" (pre DA)

"DA is the only true soccer, everything else is garbage"

"PSPL premier? What a joke! The only reason they exist is because the can't play in RCL. Who are they kidding? They couldn't keep up even if they were let in!"

You know what all these posts have in common? They are self-serving for the entitled parents who cannot dare think outside the frame that US Soccer has imposed on them.

I am a referee and I've seen PSPL teams that are far superior to RCL teams and on par with many DA teams (I saw a PSPL team beat a DA team when DA was just starting, but unfortunately DA being a walled garden quickly curtailed any chance of regular encounters). Check Got Soccer rankings and even with all it's flaws like any ranking system, it will show you that PSPL Premier can hold its own at many age levels. No, not every PSPL team is great, but neither are DA teams. If you don't believe me, then support removing the barriers. If they are so good, there should be no issues, right? Fat chance of that ever happening.

But irrespective of all that, what everyone here is forgetting is the most important part of Youth Soccer - the kids.

With the extremely low chance of soccer becoming a profession for any given player, what ultimately matters is whether the kids are learning life skills, getting good exercise, getting good nutrition and finding friendship and camaraderie.

And guess what? Many of these kids continue to interact in school soccer or playing indoor and you can see the real talent there no matter which league they belong to. The ball does not care what badge you have on your jersey.

Comment

I've seen many posts through the years to the tune of:

"RCL is the best there is and all the rest are a bunch of money grabbers" (pre DA)

"DA is the only true soccer, everything else is garbage"

"PSPL premier? What a joke! The only reason they exist is because the can't play in RCL. Who are they kidding? They couldn't keep up even if they were let in!"

You know what all these posts have in common? They are self-serving for the entitled parents who cannot dare think outside the frame that US Soccer has imposed on them.

I am a referee and I've seen PSPL teams that are far superior to RCL teams and on par with many DA teams (I saw a PSPL team beat a DA team when DA was just starting, but unfortunately DA being a walled garden quickly curtailed any chance of regular encounters). Check Got Soccer rankings and even with all it's flaws like any ranking system, it will show you that PSPL Premier can hold its own at many age levels. No, not every PSPL team is great, but neither are DA teams. If you don't believe me, then support removing the barriers. If they are so good, there should be no issues, right? Fat chance of that ever happening.

But irrespective of all that, what everyone here is forgetting is the most important part of Youth Soccer - the kids.

With the extremely low chance of soccer becoming a profession for any given player, what ultimately matters is whether the kids are learning life skills, getting good exercise, getting good nutrition and finding friendship and camaraderie.

And guess what? Many of these kids continue to interact in school soccer or playing indoor and you can see the real talent there no matter which league they belong to. The ball does not care what badge you have on your jersey.
                        Great post, especially puts it in perspective at a time this week where a ton of parents are scrambling over tryouts, kids getting cut, not making teams their friends are on, pressure from clubs, teeth and claws between club affiliations, argueing over how elite their club/team/kid is etc....You Sir/Ma'am seem way to reasonable to be posting on the internet.

Comment

Why RCL teams should be stronger then PSPL premier? Because parents richer? There are different special kids? My son plays PSPL premier with Southlake B07 and thay played again PCNW and SU and by game we were much faster and sckilled than them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X