Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of a turf field

Yes, I know I am bring the heat on myself by asking a normal question. But whatever.

Anyone have an idea what a turf field costs to install? purely curious how much cash these clubs are raising and spending on the outdoor facilities.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, I know I am bring the heat on myself by asking a normal question. But whatever.

Anyone have an idea what a turf field costs to install? purely curious how much cash these clubs are raising and spending on the outdoor facilities.
    actual turf costs approx. 350k.
    does not include lights, site work, purchase of land, ect

lights approz 150k, land can be whatever and site work/drainage can be anywhere from 300-500k depending on what exactly needs to be done.

with goals, fencing, netting, bleachers..... one million is a good number (plus actual land costs)

Comment

An even million with site prep.

Comment

I saw the Forekicks facility outside Worcester. Theyve got fields and basketball courts. The field are mediocre but its an interesting combo. makes coin i am sure.

Comment

When I was o our town P&Z it was a closer to $1.3M all in if the site didn't require too much work. But at that time the state was pitching a few hundred K. I don't believe they're doing that any longer (and frankly given the state's dire fiscal state I hope they aren't). From what I've read costs have come down some but labor and land has gone up. $1M per field is probably a good #

Comment

is this Zach or Garnan? Why not just call some companies and get some quotes?

Comment

is this Zach or Garnan? Why not just call some companies and get some quotes?
              who the f is garnan you dumfuk?

Comment

who the f is garnan you dumfuk?
                A ‘90’s GPS company, duh.

Comment

Does the cost of the field include legal fees and weather delays.

Comment

Does the cost of the field include legal fees and weather delays.
                    https://youtu.be/zF2J0Tgchmw

Comment

MK - I suggest you secure the location first before worrying about the cost of installing the field.

Comment

MK - I suggest you secure the location first before worrying about the cost of installing the field.
                        The cost is no worry, I’ve added several academy players this year and their dads owe me 😉

Comment

As I indicated, I knew I would draw heat on myself. And, no, I am not MK.

I had heard the 1mm number thrown around and thought I'd ask if anyone had any idea. There is some cogent info here for once, and of course the aholes too as to be expected.

Raising a mill for a field plus another few hundy for the land makes it a decent project.

Yes, it's everywhere that bs did a rug pull on a bunch of people and that's a d*ckhead move which only kills your future moved. But maybe they're on the short end before packing it in or whatever.

You'd need 20% down for land, so let's say 60k for the dirt. It's the other part that's risky to get financing on. So on the 1mm you'd need 10 guys at 50k buy in to get 50% of the project. That's not too insurmountable.

I see how it's a crappy deal unless you got a slug of cash to get it off the ground and also fill it with paying activity.

Whatever, I was just curious.

Comment

As I indicated, I knew I would draw heat on myself. And, no, I am not MK.

I had heard the 1mm number thrown around and thought I'd ask if anyone had any idea. There is some cogent info here for once, and of course the aholes too as to be expected.

Raising a mill for a field plus another few hundy for the land makes it a decent project.

Yes, it's everywhere that bs did a rug pull on a bunch of people and that's a d*ckhead move which only kills your future moved. But maybe they're on the short end before packing it in or whatever.

You'd need 20% down for land, so let's say 60k for the dirt. It's the other part that's risky to get financing on. So on the 1mm you'd need 10 guys at 50k buy in to get 50% of the project. That's not too insurmountable.

I see how it's a crappy deal unless you got a slug of cash to get it off the ground and also fill it with paying activity.

Whatever, I was just curious.
                            Then you get a players dad to do the work to save some shekels. Then spend a year in court trying to get some money back

CFC Way

Comment

Lol, I can't really argue with that methodology.
                              Might not be my style, but I guess it can work.

Then you get a players dad to do the work to save some shekels. Then spend a year in court trying to get some money back

CFC Way

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X